Naval buildup of Libya's coast.

I'm sure with a few tankers doing laps over the Mediteranian your 16's would do just fine.

I think a "No fly zone" should be implemented over Libya and any Libyan military aircraft that breaks it should be shot down in order to protect the citizens. Would be great if the UN took some bold moves here.

what...like expelling Libya from the Human Rights council?

no can do, they need the quorum m to berate Israel. :rolleyes:

As long as they don't send any of our ships near there, I'm fine with whatever happens.

And I will NOT support us going to way with Libya to help the people unless THEY ASK.

The Chinese also send a Frigate to monitor the Evacuation of their citizens.
They have evacuated 12.000 people so far:
China evacuates 12,000 from Libya, sends frigate to help

It's a huge effort to fly or ship so many people from the Mediterranean to the Pacific.

A multi-national effort to rescue nationals of the various countries must continue. Any Libyan military who interfere with effort must be met with deadly force. We have no business, though, in being actively involved in Khaddafi's overthrow. That must be done by the Libyans themselves.

The neo-cons, Republican and Democrat, must have no say or influence in these matters. We have witnessed the error of their ways before and don't want it again.

Last edited:
A multi-national effort to rescue nationals of the various countries must continue. Any Libyan military who interfere with effort must be met with deadly force. We have no business, though, in being actively involved in Khaddafi's overthrow. That must be done by the Libyans themselves.

The neo-cons, Republican and Democrat, must have no say or influence in these matters. We have witnessed the error of their ways before and don't want it again.

The Lord Dorkey has spoken. Make it so.

What a twit you are, Joke.... you talk like you are somebody... and you ain't.

Hi, Lady Twit. I knew you could not resist. What I said above was fact. Tuff luck, kiddo. And you far right reactionary wacks are always telling the other 90% of us what to do. Project much?

The Brit frigate is there to evacuate its citizens, and some Americans. The Brits and Americans are pooling resources to get their citizens out. YAY for that 'special relationship... surviving despite Obama's best efforts to destroy it.

What an ignorant, illiterate comment.

I think she just hit a soft spot by speaking the truth about your hero Obama. ~BH

Bolshie, I voted against him. I have a soft spot for pointing out silly comments.

Special forces swoop on Libya to pull Britons to safety
In a daylight mission, the RAF, Special Air Service and Special Boat Service used two specially equipped Hercules aircraft to snatch Britons from the country. However, it is feared up to 300 oil workers from the UK remain stranded.

The rescue teams, who flew out of bases in Malta, searched an area four times the size of Britain to locate workers before evacuating them back to Valletta in Malta last night.
Special forces swoop on Libya to pull Britons to safety - Telegraph

Looks like Obama is gonna' make good his promise of getting the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan...

...by putting them in Libya! :lol:

In a daylight mission, the RAF, Special Air Service and Special Boat Service used two specially equipped Hercules aircraft to snatch Britons from the country. However, it is feared up to 300 oil workers from the UK remain stranded.

The rescue teams, who flew out of bases in Malta, searched an area four times the size of Britain to locate workers before evacuating them back to Valletta in Malta last night.

wow, can we rent those guys?

Or maybe the 1er RPIMa, or GSG-9?

wow, can we rent those guys?

We trained them, Trajan, after the Brits screwed up Dieppe (a very large scale raid) and several smaller attempts. Our Rangers and our OSS people became indispensable in training the Brit commandos, air service, and French underground.

This reminds me eerily of how the UK and other European nations left Rwanda, got their people out, and left millions of people at the mercy at genocidal monsters with only a Canadian General to report abuses and acts of genocide, that's compassion and human kindness for you. :doubt:

The UAE and Turkey have decided to bundle their aid efforts for the Libyan people.
The UK has closed its embassy in Libya, the remaining Brits in Libya will be served by the Turkish embassy.

“We are now readying to begin a second stage that will include delivering food assistance to the Libyan people,”
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n....-evacuation-initiates-second-phase-2011-02-28

There will be set-up an air-corridor consisting of 14 planes, which will deliver food.
The UAE has sent 2 planes to Turkey on Saturday.
D

Forum List

Back