Zone1 NATO’s ‘reckless’ expansion to undermine chances for security dialogue — Lavrov

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
NATO’s ‘reckless’ expansion to undermine chances for security dialogue — Lavrov

According to Russia’s top diplomat, the number of countries in Europe who advocate military or political neutrality is getting thinner, now that Finland has joined the alliance

Remote : Wed, 17 May 2023 15:39:06 +0300
Local : 2023-05-17(Wednesday) 14 : 39 : 06
Found via https://nicer.app/world-headlines

are we really going to let Zelensky and his gang of war-money fueled draft-instituting cohorts determine how long the war in Ukraine lasts?
with hopeful but probably futile yearly promises of a victory?

or are we going to force Zelensky to the negotiating table if this round of offensives fails?

i think it's a fair question, considering it's the ordinary Ukranian men and women and children doing the suffering, just to cling to a border line on a map.

Last edited:

According to Russia’s top diplomat, the number of countries in Europe who advocate military or political neutrality is getting thinner, now that Finland has joined the alliance

are we really going to let Zelensky and his gang of war-money fueled draft-instituting cohorts determine how long the war in Ukraine lasts?

or are we going to force Zelensky to the negotiating table if this round of offensives fails?

i think it's a fair question, considering it's the ordinary Ukranian men and women and children doing the suffering, just to cling to a border line on a map.
The second option will come true, more likely. Not a negotiation table maybe, but some sort of settlement that will recognize the stalemate and stop active fighting.

Ukraine's foreign minister and visiting Chinese envoy discuss peace, but next steps unclear

Ukraine's foreign minister met with a visiting Chinese mediator to discuss how to end Russia's war, but no details were disclosed Wednesday and the next steps were unclear.

Remote : Wed, 17 May 2023 13:41:17 -0400
Local : 2023-05-17(Wednesday) 19 : 41 : 17

this window of Chinese willingness to engage in diplomacy is not going to last forever.
do we really want to blame it on the Chinese if we string them along into abandoning that effort?
WE'LL FOSTER A REPUTATION AS NEO-IMPERIALISTS IF WE DO THAT.
AND WE SHOULD AVOID IT.

As weak as russia's military is they really don't have any power to tell an organizion of dozens of powerful nations what they can or can't do. They should be lucky we don't invade their sorry asses.

France or Britain alone could kick their ass in a military to military war. Putin should kill himself for disgracing his country with utter weakness and shame.

Russia agrees to extend Ukraine grain deal, says Erdogan

Russia has now agreed to extend a deal, due to expire on Thursday, allowing Ukraine to ship grains in drought-stricken parts of the world.

Remote : Wed, 17 May 2023 19:10:46 +0200
Local : 2023-05-17(Wednesday) 19 : 10 : 46

i think this goes to show that the Russians are not entirely unreasonable.
so it follows that we over here in NATO leading countries should show them the same courtesy.
The deal should be, fuck off Russia

Gravitas: Ukraine proves America's billion-dollar weapons are not invincible - WION

1. Gravitas: Ukraine proves America's billion-dollar weapons are not invincible WION
  2. Ukraine Needs More Patriot Batteries - WSJ The Wall Street Journal
  3. View Full Coverage on Google News

Remote : Wed, 17 May 2023 17:57:44 GMT
Local : 2023-05-17(Wednesday) 19 : 57 : 44
how much more tax-money do we want to shuttle into our defense industries to "aid" Ukraine in a never-ending war against Russia?
Trump promised in the townhall debate @ CNN recently that that'll change if you vote him into office again.
he had other semi-brilliant ideas too, such as defrosting the Arab nations' attitude towards Israel.
and he'll work wonders for the southern border in the US, as well as anti-crime policies, you can betcha behind on that.

Last edited:

I guess you were OK with Germany violating your sovereignty twice in the last century.

!!!
!!!

this just in on Fox News :
President Biden has left the G7 meeting to get an update on the debt ceiling negotiations.
he did not apologize for the bombing of Hiroshima when he laid a flower ring at a memorial for the victims of that attack.

the G7 leaders have concluded that they will support Ukraine "for as long as it takes", and that they want to starve Russia of military and economic means to wage war, and that they want to hold the persons responsible for the war accountable.

the G7 went straight against my friendly advice, and they will personally suffer the consequences.

uni-polarity has failed, when the (Middle-)Eastern Alliance goes to war en-masse or in a sneaky persistent way against the leading countries in the West.

and we here in the West are responsible for imposing rapid expansion of our empire over the past 50 years on the entire world, including our own citizens through taxations, the draft, and the popularizing of military professions through our film and TV and gaming industries.

that's what i meant by consequences. Divine Law supercedes man-made laws, and politicians and rich businesspeople are not shielded from it just because they were spokespeople.
you make *decisions*, FOR MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FAR LESS WEALTHY THAN YOURSELVES.

this is what God wants you to hear from Him today.

Last edited:

today, i'd like to outline what might one day (secretly or not) become known as the Veerman military doctrine.
it involves -during peacetime- the rapid mothballing of a military, with (within the defense budget, which should always be set to "endless") military troops and the majority of moderately effective mid-ranking commanders getting free retraining for civilian jobs.
basically, of an entire military industry for any given nation, one should keep only the most excellent military trainers and commanders (who would become analysts, advisors and diplomats during peace time), the hardware and factories to produce that hardware, and the R&D branches of that military industry.

so that, in times of war, or multiple expected wars, our countries are ready to face their enemies head-on with freshly trained troops working with the latest hardware -that can then also be produced and shipped *quickly* and *in volume*-.

we should stop fostering wars and uni-polarity. the world is far from uni-polar, and it will never be, in my opinion.
but that doesn't mean we should not be ready to end wars quickly once they do spring up, like in the case of Ukraine or Taiwan.

NO MORE OF THIS HALF-COMMITTED NONSENSE THAT SEES ENTIRE DEVELOPING COUNTRIES FACING FAMINE OR WAR FOR A DECADE OR SO (like with Vietnam or Afghanistan), PLEASE.

Zelensky Requests Increased Ukraine Aid from G7 Leaders

President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine landed in Japan on Saturday determined to urge the wealthiest democracies in the world to stick with him as Moscow bets on the West growing…

Remote : Sat, 20 May 2023 16:20:13 +0000
Local : 2023-05-20(Saturday) 18 : 20 : 13

the one thing i don't agree with is Zelensky instituting the draft for Ukranian men.
but since plenty of them slipped out, especially in upper economic ranks (i actually briefly met one such a guy once here in Amsterdam.NL), i guess we *should* support more immediate military and intelligence aid getting sent into Ukraine.

what do you people think?

Forum List

Back