Zone1 Do Americans know the difference between the UK and the USA

Captain Caveman

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2020
England
Do Americans know the difference between a constitutional monarchy and a republic?

That answer is simple, so how does democracy work within those two?

Do Americans know the difference between a constitutional monarchy and a republic?

I rember attending a show by some unruly young chaps about my age back in 1977 and they were invoking God to save the queen.

And her fascist regime, too!.

Ever see typical americans asked about a question of substance on the streets.......they're pretty dumb. i bet 25% couldn't even point to scotland on world map

I have an Anglophile friend who loves your monarchy. He says it is not for the power it wields but for the power it denies to others.

I rember attending a show by some unruly young chaps about my age back in 1977 and they were invoking God to save the queen.

And her fascist regime, too!.
You "rember"?

It looks like the American education system didn't cover what a head of state is!!

Simply put, the UK and the US are Representative Democracies. The only difference is, the UK has the King/Queen as head of state and the US has a President as head of state.

So a UK Constitutional Democracy and an American Republic, just means, different head of state. So the Brits will continue to vote for those to represent them in government, and Americans will continue to vote for those to represent them in government too, in Representative Democracies.

Do Americans know the difference between the UK and the USA​

Terrible Mexican food.

5ebkavjacx731.jpg

Simply put, the UK and the US are Representative Democracies. The only difference is, the UK has the King/Queen as head of state and the US has a President as head of state.

So a UK Constitutional Democracy and an American Republic, just means, different head of state. So the Brits will continue to vote for those to represent them in government, and Americans will continue to vote for those to represent them in government too, in Representative Democracies.

Wrong on several levels.

The U.K....a Constitutional Monarchy, is irrelevant to the world.

The U.S..... A republic....is a super power....keeping Europe from another world war, Russia taking control, and mass murder and genocide....

Forum List

Back