Native Americans were more noble than us, and other stupid white hippy myths

Well, nothing says that she has to.

NO, but if she can't support this country, I wonder why she remains.
I bet she pays taxes for one.

You ought to spend more time yanking doodles and less time obssessing about other people patriotism.

I vote. I pay taxes. I serve on juries. I write letters to my elected officials, I speak at county meetings. I've worked in government, I've worked for non-profits and colleges, and I've been self-employed.

I've served as state delegate for my party and participated in local, county, state and national conventions.

I simply do not recite the pledge nor do I sing the anthem. I stand silently and respectfully. I do so, out of mutual respect for religious reasons and for other people's feelings.

As a responsible citizen, if I think my party or administration is off base, I am not silent about this. I participate actively on all levels.

Last edited:
Why Sky doesn't recite the pledge or sing the anthem:

If we were honest Americans...we would say One nation that we stole from the First Nation people who we conquered and nearly eliminated. We would not say 'one nation under God' because we would honor our nation as multi-ethnic, multi-religious, a- religious and multi-cultural.

We would not say 'with liberty and justice for all' because it's not true.

The Star Spangled Banner...[is] a war song.

If this is REALLY what you think of this country, I have to wonder why you remain.

Last edited:
America is my home. That's why I stay here. I love to travel, and perhaps I will retire abroad. Who knows?

Last edited:

If we were honest Americans...we would say One nation that we stole from the First Nation people who we conquered and nearly eliminated. We would not say 'one nation under God' because we would honor our nation as multi-ethnic, multi-religious, a- religious and multi-cultural.

If this is REALLY what you think of this country, I have to wonder why you remain.
Should Jehovah's witnesses leave the country too?

Should Jehovah's witnesses leave the country too?

How about all the people we don't like? Let's send them all somewhere. (jk)

You can either deal with your own anger and aversion, or you can try and order the universe according to your biases.

Either cover the earth with leather to protect your feet or put on a pair of shoes. Which one is wiser and less time consuming?

Last edited:
You know.......I worked for "the Man" for 20 years in the military. Was spit and polish (shined my own shoes......leather), as well as exceedingly proficient at my job. Knew the ins and outs of the bureaucracy as well as anyone, and knew how to make it work for me.

However........there was little if any free thought allowed.

Now? I'm a sandals wearing, tie dye shirt and sweatpants kind of guy. My hair is down to my shoulders, and on occasion, I've been known to inhale.

Now, does this mean that hippies are better than conservatives? Not really. Conservatives have their value in being able to move a great deal of people in the same direction. They "mobilize" people. Interesting fact btw.....did you know that "mobilize" comes from the Hebrew word "ma-bul"? The Ma-Bul was what took out the human race in the Bible (remember Noah?).

But.......the thing that protected Noah from the Ma-Bul was a thing called a "te-va", which is a word, which contains an idea.

Now.....how does this all fit together? Well.....we're supposed to get along, and allow everyone else the freedom to do their thing. But, that means following the basic rules of society, but allowing others the freedom to observe things in their own way. That's kind of what makes this country so great.

God doesn't tell us too many things to do, he just suggests. That's what the 10 Commandments are all about. But, because we have free will (the ability to choose to follow them or not), we don't really have to.

Now......if God Himself allows us to be that way with Him, who are we to try to dictate the rules of how another person should conduct themselves? When you start trying to dictate to others what YOU think they should be like, then you start to become extremist, and eventually, you become a radical.

It's reflected in islam by the way. Regular muslims will cover the heads of their women (as per the koran), but, the radicals go for covering the whole face, even the eyes.

But.....here's where it gets interesting.......in the Torah it states that if you hide your face from God, you are sinning, which is why you hide your face, you're embarrassed. Criminals do it also by the way.

So, in summation......live and let live.

I wanted to be a beatnik but I was too young. I was too young to go to Woodstock, but I wanted to go. I would have had to run away from home to do it, and I had sense enough to not do that.

As it turned out, it was wise of my dad. My boyfriend went to Woodstock and got busted selling pot to an undercover cop. He spent the whole festival in the Monticello County jail instead of at Woodstock.

What is a hippie anyway?

I never made it to San Francisco to wear flowers in my hair, I never got to go to Woodstock. I was too busy putting myself through college on my own to go to love in's.

Hey......I can free think all I want.......never started to inbreed with my family!

LOL. Ok Rob, if you say so. How many tokes of ganja today?

Not satisfied with just tokes dear. If I had my way, it would be BOWLS of the stuff!

Speaking of which........did you know that Anslinger (the dude that made cannabis illegal), was a racist?

Incidentally, there are VERY few hate groups that smoke cannabis either.

So........since Anslinger was racist, and hate groups are racist also, that would make anyone that prevents the legalization and use of cannabis is ALSO a racist!

(Most racists drink rather than smoke btw.......)

What is a hippie?

Short answer........a free thinker.

What a cute answer. It makes you sound soooo....enlightened.

Ok, lets come back to reality and refer to the english dictionary to determine the meanings of words....

hip·pie also hip·py (hĭp'ē) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. hip·pies
A person who opposes and rejects many of the conventional standards and customs of society, especially one who advocates extreme liberalism in sociopolitical attitudes and lifestyles.

This doesnt sound like free thinking to me. It sounds more like a one sided veiw, and typically these hippie types look down on people that have a different way of thinking, i.e. republicans. I love it when people claim that THEIR group is better than all other groups, especially when they also claim to be enlightened, like the hippies seem to think they are. Hippies are almost always overly opinionated people with no patience for beliefs other than their own, which totally condradicts your "free thinker" claim.

Last edited:
Hey......I can free think all I want.......never started to inbreed with my family!

Not satisfied with just tokes dear. If I had my way, it would be BOWLS of the stuff!

Speaking of which........did you know that Anslinger (the dude that made cannabis illegal), was a racist?

So........since Anslinger was racist, and hate groups are racist also, that would make anyone that prevents the legalization and use of cannabis is ALSO a racist!

I haven't smoked dope since becoming a Buddhist. Sometimes I miss it. It's quite the aphrodisiac. According to the above definition, (courtesy of Godboy) I'm a hippy. Where's my tie dye, sandals and flowery skirts?

Last edited:
Indians were savage people, and so were the white men who took their land. I think they both deserved each other.

I haven't smoked dope since becoming a Buddhist. Sometimes I miss it. It's quite the aphrodisiac. According to the above definition, (courtesy of Godboy) I'm a hippy. Where's my tie dye, sandals and flowery skirts?

You know Sky, there is nothing in the Buddhist philosophy that says you cannot. Matter of fact, most Taoists, Zen masters and Buddhists that I know use herbs, smudge, and other natural substances. As far as I've been able to tell, there really isn't anything in those beliefs that prohibit it.

Remember........Siddhartha was an ascetic before the Banyan tree. Afterwards? That is when he was depicted as the happy fat guy we've come to know and love.

If you get a chance to see Moral Orel sometime, check out the one called "Prayer". It shows Buddha in that one, and it's pretty good!

According to the above definition, (courtesy of Godboy) I'm a hippy. Where's my tie dye, sandals and flowery skirts?

Was there something in that definition which spoke about flowers and sandals? If not, you are making up your own definition of what a hippie is, but to answer your question, those things went away when they went out of style. Fashion does not dictate who is and who isnt a hippie.

Forum List

Back