National Vietnam Veterans Day

5-28-12-obama-vietnam-t1larg.jpg

Anniversary Breath Goes to Ohio

Kent State Shootings
Kent State shootings - Wikipedia

Wrong date, moron
The only God Damn things of note about the date of March 29th and Vietnam have in common are the body counts on that date each fucking year of that war and that it marked the day of the first war the United States had lost in its history with the 1973 withdrawal of all US forces from the Armpit! The Coward-in-Chief picked the wrong date!

How fucking typical of the Orange Bone Spur to commemorate March 29th to honor the ~12 million soldiers, airmen, Coast Guard, Sailors and by God Marines who served and sacrificed there, and yet chose the date of withdrawal marking that defeat, the worst day to be remembered out of the other 364 days of any of the ~20 years of US military involvement in that grinder!

Kent State Shootings

Wrong date, moron
The only God Damn things of note about the date of March 29th and Vietnam have in common are the body counts on that date each fucking year of that war and that it marked the day of the first war the United States had lost in its history with the 1973 withdrawal of all US forces from the Armpit! The Coward-in-Chief picked the wrong date!

How fucking typical of the Orange Bone Spur to commemorate March 29th to honor the ~12 million soldiers, airmen, Coast Guard, Sailors and by God Marines who served and sacrificed there, and yet chose the date of withdrawal marking that defeat, the worst day to be remembered out of the other 364 days of any of the ~20 years of US military involvement in that grinder!

it marked the day of the first war the United States had lost in its history
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic

Kent State Shootings

Wrong date, moron

Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
What does Korea have to do with either the OP or my post? If you're trying to claim that the conflict on the Korean peninsula has been terminated and the US lost, you are unaware of the actual history, given we are still at war with NK technically with a very long truce still in place. That war is still to be settled, and Vietnam is STILL the only war with another country the US did not win.

BTW, the title of this thread is National Vietnam Veterans Day. My post was very much on topic, and addressed my opinion of the inappropriateness of the choice of date of the remembrance and its negative connotations for veterans who served there in SE Asia during that time like myself. How much more on point could I have been without acting like a bobble-head doll while pointing out the offensive gesture of appropriating that date with 364 others to choose from.

Jan 30 marking Tet '68 would have been manifold more appropriate than the date of the US retreat, and I'm sure other Nam vets could come up with 364 better ones not commemorating defeat for those who gave their best and their youth.

Yes they’re great people and we’d be lucky to still have them in Trump’s place :thup:

Honoring_Vietnam_Veterans.png
I've got kin and friends on that wall, and I have no doubt they would have voted Trump.
You think they’d share your failings and personal inadequacies? I’d like to think better of them than that, thank you.
plain and simple---you are pissing on Vets

Kent State Shootings

Wrong date, moron

Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
What does Korea have to do with either the OP or my post? If you're trying to claim that the conflict on the Korean peninsula has been terminated and the US lost, you are unaware of the actual history, given we are still at war with NK technically with a very long truce still in place. That war is still to be settled, and Vietnam is STILL the only war with another country the US did not win.

BTW, the title of this thread is National Vietnam Veterans Day. My post was very much on topic, and addressed my opinion of the inappropriateness of the choice of date of the remembrance and its negative connotations for veterans who served there in SE Asia during that time like myself. How much more on point could I have been without acting like a bobble-head doll while pointing out the offensive gesture of appropriating that date with 364 others to choose from.

Jan 30 marking Tet '68 would have been manifold more appropriate than the date of the US retreat, and I'm sure other Nam vets could come up with 364 better ones not commemorating defeat for those who gave their best and their youth.

60 years, and we still haven't won.....

pretty goes in the loss column

Shame you dont' like the date chosen, but that's no reason to try to derail the thread

Kent State Shootings

Wrong date, moron

Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic

Shame you dont' like the date chosen, but that's no reason to try to derail the thread
If you truly think that I was trying to derail this thread, you have no business being a moderator based on what I have written in this thread. Especially, since you brought up the Korean conflict TWICE with the first totally unbidden and OFF TOPIC post to me (BTW, you're dead wrong about NK)! Don't try to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.

Now are you going to come back with yet another OFF TOPIC post claiming I'm posting off topic, or wise up and grow up? Oh yeah, I've archived our exchange!

Wrong date, moron

Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic

If you truly think that I was trying to derail this thread, you have no business being a moderator based on what I have written in this thread. Especially, since you brought up the Korean conflict TWICE with the first totally unbidden and OFF TOPIC post to me (BTW, you're dead wrong about NK)! Don't try to piss down my leg and tell me it's raining.

Now are you going to come back with yet another OFF TOPIC post claiming I'm posting off topic, or wise up and grow up? Oh yeah, I've archived our exchange!

Especially, since you brought up the Korean conflict TWICE

Yes

to correct your mistake.

Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic
Forgot about Korea?

BTW, stick to the topic

Yes

to correct your mistake.
This is what you wrote attributed to me;
Here's what I actually wrote;
Especially, since you brought up the Korean conflict TWICE with the first totally unbidden and OFF TOPIC post to me (BTW, you're dead wrong about NK)!
Why not post the ENTIRE SENTENCE, moderator so it could retain its actual content IN CONTEXT, ya fraud! Why corrupt the meaning and intent? Can we say agenda and action of a troll?
Especially, since you brought up the Korean conflict TWICE with the first totally unbidden and OFF TOPIC post to me (BTW, you're dead wrong about NK)!
Your post is representative of your poor character which I have been observing in you! And quit trolling me and attempting to foment discord and then claim I'm the troll!

Forum List

Back