National Vietnam Veterans Day

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
I did not realize it is today. Honor them today, so many need to heal. And to any on here that served in Vietnam...I salute you and thank you for your service and I am truly sorry you were treated badly

NATIONAL VIETNAM VETERANS DAY – UNFATHOMABLE SACRIFICE

Last year, President Trump signed the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017. It designated March 29 as National Vietnam Veterans Day. The purpose was to honor those who served at a time when service members were treated poorly by the American people – instead of ticker tape parades, they were spat on, called “baby killers” or shrugged off without so much as a ‘thank you for your service.’

The attitudes of Americans created lasting damage for the veterans of that era, even though the vast majority of American service members helped the Vietnamese people on a personal level …for which they were imminently grateful.

Today, across the nation, there are ceremonies in communities to honor not just the fallen, but those who served. The creation of the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial 30 years ago was a first step, this national holiday is another step.

National Vietnam Veterans Day - Unfathomable Sacrifice - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

I did not realize it is today. Honor them today, so many need to heal. And to any on here that served in Vietnam...I salute you and thank you for your service and I am truly sorry you were treated badly

Last year, President Trump signed the Vietnam War Veterans Recognition Act of 2017. It designated March 29 as National Vietnam Veterans Day. The purpose was to honor those who served at a time when service members were treated poorly by the American people – instead of ticker tape parades, they were spat on, called “baby killers” or shrugged off without so much as a ‘thank you for your service.’

The attitudes of Americans created lasting damage for the veterans of that era, even though the vast majority of American service members helped the Vietnamese people on a personal level …for which they were imminently grateful.

Today, across the nation, there are ceremonies in communities to honor not just the fallen, but those who served. The creation of the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial 30 years ago was a first step, this national holiday is another step.

National Vietnam Veterans Day - Unfathomable Sacrifice - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Does he feel guilty. His kids didn't sign up for the Iraq war either. John Bolton didn't want to die on a rice paddy. What a joke.

Does he feel guilty. His kids didn't sign up for the Iraq war either.

Stop...this is about honoring Vietnam veterans....put your childish hate away or go to another thread.

You wonder why people like you are despised? ^^^^^^

Most of those in Vietnam had no choice,

Those in college were the same as draft dodgers, and the one who claimed to have a bone spur.

McCain-thanks-serviceLG-mem.png

Stop...this is about honoring Vietnam veterans....put your childish hate away or go to another thread.

Oh give it a rest. Bone spur must be feeling guilty, they belong with Veteran Day , they do not need a special day, since most of them are dead and or old.

Are we going to have an Afghanistan Veteran Day, and an Iraq Veteran Day. Bone spur is a joke.

Oh give it a rest. Bone spur must be feeling guilty, they belong with Veteran Day , they do not need a special day, since most of them are dead and or old.

Are we going to have an Afghanistan Veteran Day, and an Iraq Veteran Day. Bone spur is a joke.

Off to ignore you go, crazy old Muzzie hag. I'm sick of your BS and jumping in threads going totally off topic

Lefties are warming up their saliva glands.

Lefties are warming up their saliva glands.

Figured they would...despicable scum

Most of those in Vietnam had no choice,

Those in college were the same as draft dodgers, and the one who claimed to have a bone spur.

Like Clinton, Biden, etc?

Bone Spurs?

any worse than claiming a bad back, then going snow skiing with your friends? (Howard Dean)

(OH, BTW, STOP TROLLING)

Forum List

Back