National Debt exceeds GDP

I can only guess it's the same reason the only time Conservatives and Republicans complain about the debt is when a Democrat is in office.

We already had 2/3rds of today's debt when Obama became president. When Democrats complained, they were greeted with the same thing I said to you earlier ...

"Deficits don't matter."

So, 2/3 in 230 years and that last 1/3 in 3 years.

Yeah. Nothing problematic there.

Wasn't a problem when Reagan did it. Wasn't a problem when GHW Bush did it. Put a Democrat in office who builds up debt like a Republican and Conservatives go running for the hills like the world is coming to an end.

That's just about as stupid a thing as you could say in this case.

Can you please post a quote from me where I said that the deficit being so big and/or the debt being so high is a good thing. Hint: I'm the guy who said that the W spent money like a sailor on a three day leave and the Big 0 spends money like a Pimp with three days to live.

Loving deficits is a Democratic point of Dogma: They all seem to think that the Failed Stimulus wasn't big enough. The Big 0 is doing a good thing by reigning in the spending on Defense. It's a criminal lack of judgement, a trait he seems to extend to every financial decision, to not reign in the rest of the spending, too. Why target one segment and not the rest. He cannot do anything without class warfare rising to the surface.

Whoever is elected president in 2012 needs to call for the plan to reduce all spending by at least 10%. Not a reduction in growth, an actual cut of 10%. The plans need to be on his desk at the start of business the day of the inauguration and implemented the next day.

Any jag off who's late or reticent is fired. That day. No waiting. No questions.

We need a leader who is serious about leading and not just trying to figure out how to steal and redistribute to his friends the tax dollars from the people.

Last edited:
Reagan's parents were Commies?? Who knew¿

actually BO had two communist parents and his debt will be more than all other American presidents combined

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic." -Barak Obama

You must have been talking about Reagan because Reagan is the only president in U.S. history to rack up more debt than all others before him combined.

And how do you figure Obama's parents were Communists?

So, 2/3 in 230 years and that last 1/3 in 3 years.

Yeah. Nothing problematic there.

Wasn't a problem when Reagan did it. Wasn't a problem when GHW Bush did it. Put a Democrat in office who builds up debt like a Republican and Conservatives go running for the hills like the world is coming to an end.

Can you please post a quote from me where I said that the deficit being so big and/or the debt being so high is a good thing. Hint: I'm the guy who said that the W spent money like a sailor on a three day leave and the Big 0 spends money like a Pimp with three days to live.

Loving deficits is a Democratic point of Dogma: They all seem to think that the Failed Stimulus wasn't big enough. The Big 0 is doing a good thing by reigning in the spending on Defense. It's a criminal lack of judgement, a trait he seems to extend to every financial decision, to not reign in the rest of the spending, too. Why target one segment and not the rest. He cannot do anything without class warfare rising to the surface.

Whoever is elected president in 2012 needs to call for the plan to reduce all spending by at least 10%. Not a reduction in growth, an actual cut of 10%. The plans need to be on his desk at the start of business the day of the inauguration and implemented the next day.

Any jag off who's late or reticent is fired. That day. No waiting. No questions.

We need a leader who is serious about leading and not just trying to figure out how to steal and redistribute to his friends the tax dollars from the people.
I didn't say you said it was a good thing ... I said it wasn't a problem when others ran up massive debt.

And claiming deficits are Democratic dogma is beyond ludicrous. Republican presidents account for about 60% of the debt ... and of course, there's Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney, who is anything but a Democrat.

Reagan's parents were Commies?? Who knew¿

actually BO had two communist parents and his debt will be more than all other American presidents combined

"The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents – #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back — $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That’s irresponsible. It’s unpatriotic." -Barak Obama

You must have been talking about Reagan because Reagan is the only president in U.S. history to rack up more debt than all others before him combined.

There is nothing intrinsically bad or good about holding a particular political ideology. Obama is obviously a Communist. Whether or not his parents were really makes no difference. I don't happen to agree with that ideology and so I disagree with him.

You apparently do agree with him. It doesn't seem to work in this country very well. It caused the real estate bubble and it caused the bubble to burst. The economy is in the dumper and we are there with it.

The Big government, big spending, being debt solutions are not working.

In the time that Reagan was president, his administration improved the country. If the Congress had not spent so much, the debt would not have risen. In constant dollars, the tax receipts under Reagan increased every year and over the 8 years rose by about 170 Billion dollars.

If spending had only increased by the amount of inflation, the deficit at the end of the last Reagan budget would have been small enough to be considered a rounding error.

So many taxes to collect.

So much money to steal.

What's a Congress to do?

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

I didn't say you said it was a good thing ... I said it wasn't a problem when others ran up massive debt.

And claiming deficits are Democratic dogma is beyond ludicrous. Republican presidents account for about 60% of the debt ... and of course, there's Dick "deficits don't matter" Cheney, who is anything but a Democrat.

Do you read this stuff before you click on Submit Reply? How can the fact that we have leaders from both parties, Congressmen from both parties and Senators from both parties all acting like fools and doing incredibly stupid and shortsighted things not be a problem because they all do it?

The fact that they all do it is the major part of the problem. If one party or the other was a good choice, elections would not be so meaningless.

Spending, by the by, is the function of Congress, not the President. Making a good plan, constructing a budget based on the plan and executing the plan according to the budget to achieve the goals is the only way to enact a responsible recovery.

No budget means no plan and no chance to achieve anything good.

When was the last time the Dems created a budget? When might they even vote on the budget sent from the House?

Look, we are faced with the choice of 2 parties comprised of conniving snakes who would sell their mothers into sexual slavery if it meant another chance to pick my pocket. If one of the groups of conniving snakes at least is going to plan a way out, then I'm with them. This is not by preference, but by default.

If your choice is the Democrat party who have demonstrated that they will not create a budget, will not restrain spending, will steal as much and as often as possible and have no remorse for the mess they've made and you defend them as your preference because they are doing a good job, your delusional.

There is nothing intrinsically bad or good about holding a particular political ideology. Obama is obviously a Communist. Whether or not his parents were really makes no difference. I don't happen to agree with that ideology and so I disagree with him.

You apparently do agree with him. It doesn't seem to work in this country very well. It caused the real estate bubble and it caused the bubble to burst. The economy is in the dumper and we are there with it.

In the time that Reagan was president, his administration improved the country. If the Congress had not spent so much, the debt would not have risen. In constant dollars, the tax receipts under Reagan increased every year and over the 8 years rose by about 170 Billion dollars.

If spending had only increased by the amount of inflation, the deficit at the end of the last Reagan budget would have been small enough to be considered a rounding error.

So much money to steal.

What's a Congress to do?

So now Obama's a Communist too?? Seems to me that some here don't know the definition of the word.

Ok, so by your definition, how is Obama a Communist?

(and btw, Republicans controlled the Senate for most of Reagan's term and the Congress didn't spend a dime without Reagan's approval.)

Last edited:

Do you read this stuff before you click on Submit Reply? How can the fact that we have leaders from both parties, Congressmen from both parties and Senators from both parties all acting like fools and doing incredibly stupid and shortsighted things not be a problem because they all do it?

The fact that they all do it is the major part of the problem. If one party or the other was a good choice, elections would not be so meaningless.

Spending, by the by, is the function of Congress, not the President. Making a good plan, constructing a budget based on the plan and executing the plan according to the budget to achieve the goals is the only way to enact a responsible recovery.

When was the last time the Dems created a budget? When might they even vote on the budget sent from the House?

Look, we are faced with the choice of 2 parties comprised of conniving snakes who would sell their mothers into sexual slavery if it meant another chance to pick my pocket. If one of the groups of conniving snakes at least is going to plan a way out, then I'm with them. This is not by preference, but by default.

If your choice is the Democrat party who have demonstrated that they will not create a budget, will not restrain spending, will steal as much and as often as possible and have no remorse for the mess they've made and you defend them as your preference because they are doing a good job, your delusional.

I asked earlier for any Conservatives who spoke out publicly against Reagan when he ran up massive debt, and when Bush Sr. did it, and when Bush Jr. did it (while he was president).

My point is that Conservatives never complained when Reagan was president, they never complained when GHW Bush was president, few and far between were the complaints when Bush was president.

Only since Obama became president do Conservatives howl about the debt on a hourly basis.

So anyway .. what I'm gleaning from this thread is that Democrats have no problem with deficit spending and a massive and increasing national debt..

Should make for a terrific political add for them....:eusa_doh:

Deficit Spending & National Debt, we Democrats.. Love it

So much money to steal.

What's a Congress to do?

So now Obama's a Communist too?? Seems to me that some here don't know the definition of the word.

Ok, so by your definition, how is Obama a Communist?

(and btw, Republicans controlled the Senate for most of Reagan's term and the Congress didn't spend a dime without Reagan's approval.)

It doesn't matter why the party label is. If the Congress spends too much, then the Congress has spent too much.

From each according to his ability to each according to his need. There is nothing wrong with being a Communist. It is a perfectly legitimate and well known political philosophy.

And, yes, the Big 0 is a Communist. His ability to express this is limited by the society in which he lives, but he still manages to express it, usually in defiance of the law.

I asked earlier for any Conservatives who spoke out publicly against Reagan when he ran up massive debt, and when Bush Sr. did it, and when Bush Jr. did it (while he was president).

My point is that Conservatives never complained when Reagan was president, they never complained when GHW Bush was president, few and far between were the complaints when Bush was president.

Only since Obama became president do Conservatives howl about the debt on a hourly basis.

Reagan was addressing a problem and solving it. HW was riding the coat tails of that administration. His big problem was that he allowed the taxes to get raised. In retrospect, because it worked, we know Reagan did the right thing.

As a President, Clinton was a great deal like Eisenhower. Both did exactly what the country needed which was to stand back and let it happen.

W was a ridiculous. he wanted to cut taxes and I still don't understand why. I'm not sure he does. Before the year of the election, he wanted to cut taxes because there was a surplus that needed to go back to the people. When the .com bubble burst, he wanted to cut taxes to stimulate the economy.

See the common thread? When your only tool is a hammer, all problems look like nails. Like I said, i don't know why he wanted to cut taxes, but he did.

Now using all of that as prelude, what may we glean from the efforts of Obama? The debt is skyrocketing. Unemployment stays stubbornly high. The economy here and abroad is in the tank. Our international prestige is garbage. The country is divided on every issue and that division is encouraged by the Big 0. The Big 0 has an excellent chance to become the first President in the history of our republic to leave office with fewer Americans employed than when he entered office.

Impressive.

There is not one issue in the whole universe of issues in politics that the Big 0 has not reduced to an us vs. them stand off. The disfunction of the society is sustained by the ideas, rhetoric and failed policies of the Big 0.

Again in retrospect using the same perspective as was used to assess Reagan, we can see the the Big 0 has failed. It's not that he is a bad person, he's just incapable. He had problems to solve and they have lingered or worsened.

It's time to change partners.

So...???

Anybody claiming Obama is a Communist or that both of his parents were, going to back that asininity up with facts?

So...???

Anybody claiming Obama is a Communist or that both of his parents were, going to back that asininity up with facts?

You have obviously been in a coma for the last three years. Let me help catch you up.

He has said on numerous occasions that "the rich" need to pay taxes far in excess of any rational share that a "poor" person could bear and calls it "their fair share". He has justified the commitment of the nation's wealth to support this who he cites as being in need.

The definition of Communism is based on the principle of taking from each according to his ability and giving to each according to his need.

Are you illiterate, unconscious or both?

His programs are not designed to help fire up the economy. No real mystery there. He has no clue how it works. It's like asking a chipmunk to build a car. His only programs are designed to help those that his ineptitude has trapped in need.

What about his actions since he took office demonstrate that he is not a Communist? I have trouble thinking of even one.

So...???

Obama said, in his biography, he gravitated to Marxist professors in college, he had a Marxist preacher best friend for 20 years, said in his auto biography that when he worked on Wall Street he felt as if "he had parachuted behind enemy lines", was more liberal in the Senate the Bernie Sanders( an open socialist) and now, despite 200 years of gov't growth, his deficits will be bigger than all other American presidents combined, and, he also wants perhaps absolute control over health care (already mostly controlled by gov't), banking, and the auto industry.

Through Frank Marshall Davis,( Communist Party number: 47544) Obama had an admitted deep and prolonged relationship with someone who was publicly identified as a member of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA). The record shows that Obama was in Hawaii from 1971-1979, where, at some point in time, he developed a close relationship, almost like a son, with Davis, listening to his "poetry" and getting advice on his career path.
But Obama, in his book, Dreams From My Father, refers to him repeatedly as just "Frank."

Bernie Saunders is a Democrat and an open socialist. Obama is to the left of Saunders based on his voting record in the Senate.

Oleg Klugian (head of KGB in cold war) said that when he wanted to recruit spies he looked among the liberals. When FDR's liberals went to the USSR they came back on a ship named the "Leviathan" to report, "they had seen the future and it worked."

Then of course BO appointed at least 4 communists: Mark Lloyd (supporter of communist revolution in Venezuela) and Van Jones who said "give them the wealth, give them the wealth," and Annita Dunn who said, "Mao is my favorite philosopher" , and Bloom who said, "free markets are nonsense."

Obama: the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties....... it doesn’t say what the federal government [our genius founders forgot?] or the state government must do on your behalf.

I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive [Marxist] change.

Obama: "I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot."

Obama: the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties....... it doesn't say what the federal government [our genius founders forgot?] or the state government must do on your behalf.

In an article titled "The Impossible is Now Possible: Assessing the Obama Presidency," executive vice chair of the Communist Party United States, Jarvis Tyner hailed the President's "drive to the left." "The health care bill, the stimulus package, the cap-and-trade bill, the elimination of secret elections for union representation-it's a program we dared not dream possible only a year ago," Tyner wrote. "But now it's on the verge of becoming the new blueprint for a truly socialist America."

A quick visit to the CPUSA website yields:

"In some ways last night's State of the Union address by President Obama was a virtuoso performance. There were stirring moments, memorable turns of phrase, humor, a defense of activist government, and proposals that will be welcomed, and surely help, millions of people in need." Obama State of the Union: He got the ball rolling » cpusa

And, if all that is not enough BO wrote a book called " Dreams From my Father". His father was a drunken suicidal Marxist who dreamed to free the world from American imperialism. His mother married 2 communists and urged BO to follow is communist bio dad.

And lets not forget that BO is openly for single payer socialist health care!!

So...???

You have obviously been in a coma for the last three years. Let me help catch you up.

He has said on numerous occasions that "the rich" need to pay taxes far in excess of any rational share that a "poor" person could bear and calls it "their fair share". He has justified the commitment of the nation's wealth to support this who he cites as being in need.

The definition of Communism is based on the principle of taking from each according to his ability and giving to each according to his need.
Umm, no, that would be Marxism. Just as I suspected, you have no idea what the word means and were therefore wrongly attributing it to Obama.

Here is the actual definition of Communism. Read and learn ...

Definition of COMMUNISM

1 a: a theory advocating elimination of private property b: a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed

2 capitalized a: a doctrine based on revolutionary Marxian socialism and Marxism-Leninism that was the official ideology of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics b: a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production c: a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably d: communist systems collectively​

Now then, based on the actual definition of Communism, how is Obama or his parents, Communists? Keep in mind, the actual definition involves a system which eliminates private property and in which all production and consumption is own collectively; neither of which are professed by Obama.

Are you illiterate, unconscious or both?
Wonders the one who's calling people Communists without actually understanding what the word means.

:cuckoo:

His programs are not designed to help fire up the economy. No real mystery there. He has no clue how it works. It's like asking a chipmunk to build a car. His only programs are designed to help those that his ineptitude has trapped in need.
WTF?? 3 million new private sector jobs over the last two years proves you wrong.

What about his actions since he took office demonstrate that he is not a Communist? I have trouble thinking of even one.
Umm, that he doesn't promote the elimination of all private property and production, for one. For another, he doesn't promote collective ownership of all production. For yet another, he doesn't promote a single authoritarian party controlling all production.

The real problem here is that you're clueless to what Communism really is.

Which brings me to remind you that you called his parents Communists -- how were they Communists (based on the actual definition, not your delusions.

So...???

Obama said, in his biography, he gravitated to Marxist professors in college, he had a Marxist preacher best friend for 20 years, said in his auto biography that when he worked on Wall Street he felt as if "he had parachuted behind enemy lines", was more liberal in the Senate the Bernie Sanders( an open socialist) and now, despite 200 years of gov't growth, his deficits will be bigger than all other American presidents combined, and, he also wants perhaps absolute control over health care (already mostly controlled by gov't), banking, and the auto industry.

Through Frank Marshall Davis,( Communist Party number: 47544) Obama had an admitted deep and prolonged relationship with someone who was publicly identified as a member of the Communist Party USA (CPUSA). The record shows that Obama was in Hawaii from 1971-1979, where, at some point in time, he developed a close relationship, almost like a son, with Davis, listening to his "poetry" and getting advice on his career path.
But Obama, in his book, Dreams From My Father, refers to him repeatedly as just "Frank."

Bernie Saunders is a Democrat and an open socialist. Obama is to the left of Saunders based on his voting record in the Senate.

Oleg Klugian (head of KGB in cold war) said that when he wanted to recruit spies he looked among the liberals. When FDR's liberals went to the USSR they came back on a ship named the "Leviathan" to report, "they had seen the future and it worked."

Then of course BO appointed at least 4 communists: Mark Lloyd (supporter of communist revolution in Venezuela) and Van Jones who said "give them the wealth, give them the wealth," and Annita Dunn who said, "Mao is my favorite philosopher" , and Bloom who said, "free markets are nonsense."

Obama: the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties....... it doesn’t say what the federal government [our genius founders forgot?] or the state government must do on your behalf.

I think that there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalitions of power through which you bring about redistributive [Marxist] change.

Obama: "I think we can say that the Constitution reflected an enormous blind spot in this culture that carries on until this day, and that the Framers had that same blind spot."

Obama: the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties....... it doesn't say what the federal government [our genius founders forgot?] or the state government must do on your behalf.

In an article titled "The Impossible is Now Possible: Assessing the Obama Presidency," executive vice chair of the Communist Party United States, Jarvis Tyner hailed the President's "drive to the left." "The health care bill, the stimulus package, the cap-and-trade bill, the elimination of secret elections for union representation-it's a program we dared not dream possible only a year ago," Tyner wrote. "But now it's on the verge of becoming the new blueprint for a truly socialist America."

A quick visit to the CPUSA website yields:

"In some ways last night's State of the Union address by President Obama was a virtuoso performance. There were stirring moments, memorable turns of phrase, humor, a defense of activist government, and proposals that will be welcomed, and surely help, millions of people in need." Obama State of the Union: He got the ball rolling » cpusa

And, if all that is not enough BO wrote a book called " Dreams From my Father". His father was a drunken suicidal Marxist who dreamed to free the world from American imperialism. His mother married 2 communists and urged BO to follow is communist bio dad.

And lets not forget that BO is openly for single payer socialist health care!!
Quote where in "Dreams from my Father" I can find a description of his father being a "drunken suicidal Marxist?"

Thanks in advance.

Forum List

Back