Nate Silver Say... Everything Nate Silver goes here

Santorum was just the last man standing in a weak field as the base cycled through anyone but Romney. He won't be the nominee in 16.

Never say never...

If you had told me in 1993 that after the debacle that was Bush's loss, when I was so disillusioned with the GOP I damned well near voted for Perot, that in 8 years, Bush's son would run and win (kind of), I'd have looked at you funny.

Again, one of these days, working class Christians are going to figure out that Wall Street isn't their friend, and while they have gobs of money, they really don't have that many votes.

Santorum was going to lose PA to Romney, so he dropped out. If he couldn't beat Romney in his own state, he certainly wasn't going to beat Obama. And if he couldn't win in PA, he certainly wasn't going to win enough blue collar votes in the swing states to win the election. Putting up a hard core social conservative with little credibility on the economy when unemployment is north of 8% would probably have meant losses in Congress, let alone the Presidency.

The song of the Wall Street Republican- Trust us, we know what's good for you...

You know, one of these days, the working class conservatives are going to figure out they can do very well without you parasites, then you are going to be in trouble.

Oooooh, I'm shaking!

The King of Deflections does his Thing!

I keep hearing that Romney will rise when his campaign opens up the attack ad floodgates. Okay, now's the time. If Romney doesn't start making steady progress pretty soon, he's in trouble.

By the way, how many sig bets have been made by those who have been doing a Romney victory lap?

Santorum was going to lose PA to Romney, so he dropped out. If he couldn't beat Romney in his own state, he certainly wasn't going to beat Obama. And if he couldn't win in PA, he certainly wasn't going to win enough blue collar votes in the swing states to win the election. Putting up a hard core social conservative with little credibility on the economy when unemployment is north of 8% would probably have meant losses in Congress, let alone the Presidency.

The song of the Wall Street Republican- Trust us, we know what's good for you...

You know, one of these days, the working class conservatives are going to figure out they can do very well without you parasites, then you are going to be in trouble.

Oooooh, I'm shaking!

As a wise man said, you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

The modern Republican coalition is based on the Plutocratic wing getting the Theocratic wing to vote against its own interest. If you are a working class Christian conservative, Free Trade, unregulated banks, and Wall Street looting your pension fund while breaking up your union doesn't do you a bit of good.

But the Plutocratic wing has gotten very good at distracting them. It just won't last forever. Eventually, they are going to figure it out.

amusing from someone as clueless as you.

but whatever makes you feel better abut yourself.

Your enmity tells me I am doing something right. Anyone with her mouth on Anthony's wiener clearly doesnt have a clue.
Tell me, what percent of GDP did Clinton's tax regime bring in? What would that translate into today?
But you wont answer those questions. They are too tough for you.

enmity? no. that would mean you matter. you're more like a mosquito, buzzing aroun.

you're the one who seems to be a bit hostile.

maybe you should do the anger management thing. it might help you.

clinton had a balanced budget and a surplus. and no question of yours is going to be "tough" for anyone... .just nonsensical and overly hostile.

for some reason, smart people in the GOP used to understand that trickle down is voodoo economics.

Typical non-response.
The percentage during Clinton's year was about 9.6% of GDP in individual income taxes. GDP last year was $15.6T. That equates to about 1.5T in income taxes if we had Bill's tax rates. The deficit is nearly that much.
So reinstituting Clinton's tax rates would not solve the deficit issue at all. It would probably make it worse.

No need to thank me for doing the heavy lifting and spending 5 minutes on something you are incapable of. Nor are you capable of making any sort of counter argument here.

Oooooh, I'm shaking!

As a wise man said, you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

The modern Republican coalition is based on the Plutocratic wing getting the Theocratic wing to vote against its own interest. If you are a working class Christian conservative, Free Trade, unregulated banks, and Wall Street looting your pension fund while breaking up your union doesn't do you a bit of good.

But the Plutocratic wing has gotten very good at distracting them. It just won't last forever. Eventually, they are going to figure it out.
Remind us how those plutocrats in the teachers' union are looting the public treasury in Chicago as we speak.

Remind us how those plutocrats in the teachers' union are looting the public treasury in Chicago as we speak.

You know, every time I think Rabbi can't be nearly as much of a retard as he seems to be, he impresses me with his learning disability.

The Teachers in Chicago are fighting to make sure retards like you aren't neglected like you obviously were, Corky!

You know, every time I think Rabbi can't be nearly as much of a retard as he seems to be, he impresses me with his learning disability.

The Teachers in Chicago are fighting to make sure retards like you aren't neglected like you obviously were, Corky!

You live there and you're fucking clueless as to what's going on. Nothing lower than that.

You live there and you're fucking clueless as to what's going on. Nothing lower than that.

Yeah, I live here, and what they are fighting for are more conselors, more special ed teachers, textbooks that arrive on time for the start of the school year, more speech therapists, airconditioning in the summer. Oh, yeah, and they want raises that keep up with inflation. How dare they!

Yeah, I live here, and what they are fighting for are more conselors, more special ed teachers, textbooks that arrive on time for the start of the school year, more speech therapists, airconditioning in the summer. Oh, yeah, and they want raises that keep up with inflation. How dare they!

I want a pony too.
16% is way beyond the rate of inflation, dipshit. And the strike is illegal as well.

I want a pony too.
16% is way beyond the rate of inflation, dipshit. And the strike is illegal as well.

16% over four years is 4% a year. It barely keeps up with inflation.

And frankly, wanting the tools to do their job is not unreasonable. You guys whine about the folks on welfare all day, but then you don't want to spend the money to get them the skills to provide for themselves?

Forum List

Back