Nate Silver Say... Everything Nate Silver goes here

Cling to hope.

I'd call it 50/50 right now.

Anecdotally, my wife cast her first ballot in 17 year s to defeat Obama/Mccaskill.

Last edited:
Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

We still have a few days until the vote, but I heard this morning that the Romney camp may be thinking of shifting resources to Pennsylvania, if Ohio appears lost. Again, anything can happen at this point, but that comment caught me by surprise...

Silver's numbers have been going up and down. I expect to see the same in the coming days. This is still a very tight race.

I'm no expert on polls, but it seems like they're stabilizing somewhat and the key is going to be not just the swing states, but the turnout in the swing states. Obama's five point lead in Ohio, for example, won't matter if his folks don't show up. Same thing in Pennsylvania. The pollsters try to gauge intensity, but that's gotta be a pretty inexact science, especially when you're already dealing with likely voters.

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

We still have a few days until the vote, but I heard this morning that the Romney camp may be thinking of shifting resources to Pennsylvania, if Ohio appears lost. Again, anything can happen at this point, but that comment caught me by surprise...

Silver's numbers have been going up and down. I expect to see the same in the coming days. This is still a very tight race.

yes, yes he does.

I'm no expert on polls, but it seems like they're stabilizing somewhat and the key is going to be not just the swing states, but the turnout in the swing states. Obama's five point lead in Ohio, for example, won't matter if his folks don't show up. Same thing in Pennsylvania. The pollsters try to gauge intensity, but that's gotta be a pretty inexact science, especially when you're already dealing with likely voters.

true. it's about ground game. right now, early voting in ohio seems to be two to one in the president's favor. no doubt romney voters are more likely to come out on election day. so as chuck todd just pointed out, the question remains...are the people voting for the president casual voters, which early voting is intended to attract, or are these his voters maxing out.

Forum List

Back