Natasza Perakow:

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Killed defending her country. Too young, too beautiful
FMoauRhXsAkVuwO.png

Nobody said anything about them joining special forces, paratroopers, etc.
oh...as long as they can sit on the edge of battle, and plink enemy like a video game?

I don't think you quite understand the physical stresses related to being a sniper.

Let me put this in perspective from a civilian angle.

I worked for a company that had female operators.

We were instructed that, unlike their male counterparts, due to biology, females required twice the breaks as men.

Apparently holding urine is particularly detrimental to a females'....area.

Now put that same split tail in a ghillie suit, in real world field ops laying oin one position for 24 hours.

She would be back at the MASH tent in one week.

That is just one example.

WOMEN are not built for the infantry, for combat, for any of it.

Some of the best snipers for the Soviets in WWII.
When I started the process of learning to shoot in Montana, every good old boy I talked to about it said women are, indeed, better shots than men. My late husband was so funny -- his favorite part of visiting Israel was the female IDF soldiers.

RIP to a woman who, one can assume, died doing what she wanted to do.

Sad end for the young woman....RIP.

That said all the peeps going on about the Soviet female snipers need to realize that much of it was greatly embellished Soviet propaganda at the time.

No disrespect to this pilot, but should we be risking the lives of young women? Aren’t men the expendable gender?

Quote: Purely as a biological matter, individual male lives are expendable: A man's biological capacity to reproduce is easily replaceable, unlike a woman's; and it is in society's interest--in this context meaning the interest of the reproductive enterprise as a whole--for men to take risks in the defense of women and children. Men are instinctively risk-seeking for another reason: because it makes them attractive to women. That serves both their biological interest in reproduction and their self-interest in pursuing sexual pleasure.

Women are generally much more risk-averse, because their individual survival and that of their children is biologically crucial.

Link: Are Boys Irrational?

That's the thing with war, it does not discriminate. The beautiful, the talented, the rich, they can all die. I remember the beautiful helicopter pilot from South Carolina, she was active duty in Iraq and was one of the first pilots to die in the Iraq war. So sad, and so tragic.

Forum List

Back