Trump explains Gettysburg.

August West

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2014
There were 51,000 killed, wounded or MIA and he called it a beautiful battle. He used his expertise to critique the actions of Robert E. Lee aka Loser.

Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said while addressing the crowd in the town and wearing a Make America Great Again hat. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued.

WTF?
:ack-1:

There were 51,000 killed, wounded or MIA and he called it a beautiful battle. He used his expertise to critique the actions of Robert E. Lee aka Loser.
Well, you are the one taking 'beautiful' as approving death. Diana Schaub's analysis of Lincoln's address there uses similar language
after all it is STILL referredt to as 'sacred ground'

Anyway , your point that it was a nothing battle borders on insanity

"Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was," Trump said while addressing the crowd in the town and wearing a Make America Great Again hat. "It was so much, and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways—it represented such a big portion of the success of this country," he continued.

"Gettysburg, wow—I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch," he said. "And the statement of Robert E. Lee, who's no longer in favor—did you ever notice it? He's no longer in favor. 'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his big general. 'Never fight uphill, me boys,' but it was too late," Trump added.

LOL..he makes that lady who euthanized her political career after the SOTU sound sane by comparison.

Well, you are the one taking 'beautiful' as approving death. Diana Schaub's analysis of Lincoln's address there uses similar language

How in the hell did you come to that conclusion? I`m a proud member and supporter of the Gettysburg Foundation and I visit there once or twice a year. There was nothing beautiful about mass carnage. It was the largest battle ever in the western hemisphere and I've forgotten more about the battle than you`ll ever know.

'Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.' They were fighting uphill, he said, 'Wow, that was a big mistake,' he lost his big general.

That does not sound like something Lee would say…..”me boys”
I don’t remember Lee losing a big General at Gettysburg.
He lost Stonewall Jackson at Chancellorsville

What is life on the other side of the border because you’re obviously insane.

He was killed by his own troops trying to take the airport as I remember.

Another example of Trump not paying attention in History when he was in school. He has a vague understanding of Gettysburg and thought it was a big deal Lee saying not to fight uphill.
Every soldier knows that

Another example of Trump not paying attention in History when he was in school. He has a vague understanding of Gettysburg and thought it was a big deal Lee saying not to fight uphill.
Every soldier knows that
Do you remember when Hugh Hewitt (a conservative asshat in his own right) asked him about the Strategic Triad--something we learned about in school that wasn’t around when he went to school. He had zero idea what it was--and likely still doesn’t.

Having no record to run on, with disaster looming in the future democrats run on Trump hate. Every word will be parsed to whittle into something useable..

It won't work.

Having no record to run on, with disaster looming in the future democrats run on Trump hate. Every word will be parsed to whittle into something useable..

It won't work.
Highlighting Trump‘s ignorance
He is not an educated man and does not learn or study on his own.
But still thinks he can tell crowds that know more than he does facts about history, science and medicine

It's better for you than admitting fuckwad Biden's incompetence. That's what will get us into an Iranian war.
Different topic but any war with Iran would be because Trump destroyed the peace deal with Iranian moderates and allowed the militants to take over.

Forum List

Back