Nanny Bloomburg at it again

and, FYI a lot of EMTs don't even get up the stairs if the elevator is not there or it is broken - get down yourself.

the reality of NYC.

I've lived there.
Not in the projects, but the rental building I've lived did not have an elevator.
EMTs never went up higher than first floor.
EVER.

I saw this and just couldn't believe the title, so I had to read the story.

Bloomberg's Latest Proposal to End Obesity: Make Elevators Slow So People Take the Stairs - Daniel Doherty

The article stated that the “affordable housing” development features murals and music along the stairway, with elevators located farther away from the front door that are “programmed to move at a slow pace.”

Let the stewpud sink in. Absorb it and become one.

Do not think, do not ask these questions;

What if someone NEEDS medical help?
What if you gotta pee?
What if you are older?
What if you are carrying a heavy load?

No, do not ask yourself those questions, just sponge up the stewpud and become one with the state.

well, he has a point. It is taxpayer-paid housing, so the taxpayer should be able to mandate the rules. Obesity is much more prevalent among the "takers", so encouraging them to move more by creating the situations where they have to move is not that bad. Obesity is costing hundred of millions to the taxpayer in the healthcare costs.

Elevators still will be there, just slow. You are in a hurry - walk the stairs.

and when someone has a heart attack?

If the person's weight is above average, obesity goes down.

It's a moot point, because all of those elevators will be broken within a few months, and will never be fixed - just like all the other housing projects in NYC.

racist

well, if you weren't a liberal, you'd be called a racist and maybe get your own flame thread.

but as it is

You are absolutely correct. They will be broken, but that isn't the point.

Bloomy thinks this idiotic idea is a good idea. He even wants community gardens on top. :lol:

Bloomberg is a moron, but I think community gardens on the roofs are a good idea, at least in theory. Practice might be a different story.

Tragedy of the commons.

It's a moot point, because all of those elevators will be broken within a few months, and will never be fixed - just like all the other housing projects in NYC.

racist

well, if you weren't a liberal, you'd be called a racist and maybe get your own flame thread.

but as it is

You are absolutely correct. They will be broken, but that isn't the point.

Bloomy thinks this idiotic idea is a good idea. He even wants community gardens on top. :lol:

Bloomberg is a moron, but I think community gardens on the roofs are a good idea, at least in theory. Practice might be a different story.

Tragedy of the commons.

community gardens fail, everytime, unless it's flowers and herbs. Food ends up first come first served, no matter who puts in the work.

We have community gardens in Bethlehem, they are nothing but herbs that can grow from dropped seeds and weeds. No one bothers to tend them anymore, hell the city doesn't even clean the trash out.

Forum List

Back