Name that Genuius.

Sep 12, 2008
1) He changed the concept of elements from states of matter to definite types of matter and showed that elements can't be altered, and that things are made up of descrete elements.

2) a painter by trade, he invented the first means of electronic communication over long distances.

3) He invented the idea of aniline dyes

4) He invented the process by which harmful bacteria are killed by heating so that foods are made safe

1) He changed the concept of elements from states of matter to definite types of matter and showed that elements can't be altered, and that things are made up of descrete elements.

2) a painter by trade, he invented the first means of electronic communication over long distances.

3) He invented the idea of aniline dyes

4) He invented the process by which harmful bacteria are killed by heating so that foods are made safe

How about the genius who

1. pioneered the smallpox vaccine

2. couldn't have done it withour Sarah Nelmes

3. and his birthday is today....

Edward Jenner?

Very nice...

now for final jeopardy:

1. tomorrow is the anniversary of the worst mass murders of children in the US.

2. 45 people, mostly children, were killed and 58 were injured

3. demented school board member dynamited the new school building because...

4. his foreclosed farm used in part to pay the taxes required for the new school.

Name the villain!

Edward Jenner?

Very nice...

now for final jeopardy:

4. his foreclosed farm used in part to pay the taxes required for the new school.

Name the villain!

I thought this thread was about genius', not villians...

And why do you know about the Bath School Massacre? Me, I understand... I read a lot, watch the History Channel almost exclusively, and retain weird shit, but I'm not normal...

Edward Jenner?

Very nice...

now for final jeopardy:

Name the villain!

I thought this thread was about genius', not villians...

And why do you know about the Bath School Massacre? Me, I understand... I read a lot, watch the History Channel almost exclusively, and retain weird shit, but I'm not normal...

Uncanny...simply uncanny!

I do a great deal of reading, all kinds of things, and whenever I come upon a date, I add it to my desktop 'eventsanddates file;' I'm a history pack rat.

It's up to over 150 pages by now. Here is tomorrow's:

1868 Czar Nicholas II of Russia born
1917 Selective Service Act passed.
1927 With all due respect and sympathy to the victims and their families of the Columbine, McDonald's, and Virginia Tech shootings, the Oklahoma bombing, and other mass murders, they were not the worst mass murders of children in the US. On May 18, 1927, 45 people, mostly children, were killed and 58 were injured when disgruntled and demented school board member Andrew Kehoe dynamited the new school building in Bath, Michigan out of revenge over his foreclosed farm due in part to the taxes required to pay for the new school.
1896 Plessy v. Ferguson: "Separate but Equal" Ruled Constitutional
In this case, the US Supreme Court upheld an 1890 Louisiana statute mandating racially segregated railroad carriages, ruling that the equal protection clause of the 14th amendment dealt with political and not social equality. This provided constitutional sanction for the adoption of the Jim Crow laws. Justice Henry Billings Brown wrote the majority opinion, stating that "separate but equal" laws did not imply one race's inferiority to another. What case effectively overturned Plessy? (Brown v. Board of Education)
323 BC Alexander III the Great king of Macedonia/conqueror, dies at 32
1096 Crusaders massacre Jews of Worm.
1756 The Treaty of Utrecht settled a number of problems between European nations, including the limiting of expansion of France in the New World. But many skirmishes occurred between the English and the French, and on this date Great Britain declared war on France. The British in North America would come to call this conflict the French and Indian War, and trace its beginnings from Washington’s defeat at Fort Necessity (7/4/1754). In Europe it was called the Seven Years’ War.
1652 Rhode Island enacts 1st law declaring slavery illegal
1631 John Winthrop is elected 1st governor of Massachusetts
1897 Paul Dukas "L'Apprenti Sorcier Pruimtabak on the Market" premieres

Yankee game on. Later.

Forum List

Back