NAACP announces Its "Unconditional Support" for Cali's Marijuana legalization

I kinda lump all that into the "dangers" category. We didn't even really get into all the victims of drunks ... assaults, vehicular homicides, rapes, etc.

I do acknowledge that smoking pot has long term side effects that we will learn more about as we gather more research.

I guess I would lump that into personal responsibility. Parents shouldn't be giving their kids weed now or if it were legal. Only a fool would leave their pot plant on the front porch :lol: and deserves to get it ganked. Growing wild ... yes there will likely be more of that.

So it seems we agree, there ARE dangers to pot; and as civilized people we should be free to live in a society that either accepts those dangers or not. Meaning each state should be free to set their own policy on pot.

Until a federal law changes that, which I would support, yes.

Why would you POSSIBLY be for a federal law which limits my choices when you're against one that limits yours?

I should have every right to live in an area which keeps pot illegal, just as you have the right to live in an area which legalizes it, it's that simple art.

I'll admit that most simple possession don't wind up in long jail sentences, but they shouldn't even spend the night in Jail.
MBA was from Loyola University in New Orleans. Paid for 100% by Texaco
I don't think I'd be rich had I not focused on financial planning for professional investors.

NO simple possession arrests lead to long jail sentences.

Hmm, a Jesuit who wants to smoke dope, go figure..............

So it seems we agree, there ARE dangers to pot; and as civilized people we should be free to live in a society that either accepts those dangers or not. Meaning each state should be free to set their own policy on pot.

Until a federal law changes that, which I would support, yes.

Why would you POSSIBLY be for a federal law which limits my choices when you're against one that limits yours?

I should have every right to live in an area which keeps pot illegal, just as you have the right to live in an area which legalizes it, it's that simple art.

I'm fine with each state having their own pot laws as long as at the fundamental level it is legal.

(2008) Although people may think that the Drug War targets drug smugglers and 'King Pins,' in 2008, 49.8 percent (half) of the 1,702,537 total arrests for drug abuse violations were for marijuana -- a total of 847,863. Of those, 754,224 people were arrested for marijuana possession alone. By contrast in 2000 a total of 734,497 Americans were arrested for marijuana offenses, of which 646,042 were for possession alone.

US Arrests
Year Total Arrests Total Drug Arrests Total Marijuana Arrests Marijuana Trafficking/Sale Arrests Marijuana Possession Arrests Total Violent Crime Arrests Total Property Crime Arrests
2008 14,005,615 1,702,537 847,863 93,640 754,224 594,911 1,687,345
2007 14,209,365 1,841,182 872,720 97,583 775,137 597,447 1,610,088

Ok, genius... how many of those were imprisoned?

:lol: The "genius" doesn't realize that being arrested =/= going to jail

They go to city jail.. how many are convicted for possession in court and imprisoned for length of time other than overnight to be booked?

Answer the question and stop deflecting... prove me wrong.. should be pretty easy.

They go to city jail.. how many are convicted for possession in court and imprisoned for length of time other than overnight to be booked?

Answer the question and stop deflecting... prove me wrong.. should be pretty easy.

Wait...........when do ou ask me a question?

Willow, I think you're picking a fight with Art where none exists here. Hell he admits that pot is dangerous, he admits that it won't be as simple as just saying "do what you want stoners". He is coming across as pretty reasonable to me, in fact I think he agrees with me that states should decide on their own, he just can't quite bring himself to say it............... yet

Of course she's picking a fight. Frankly, I've been about as patient with her as I have ever been in this thread. Normally, I'd just say something mean and nasty to her and enjoy the explosion that follows.

Why would you want to be mean and nasty? Why do you think I'm picking a fight vs. voicing my opinion? Does not agreeing with you equivocate to "picking a fight"?

I'm not ok with them going to city jail for 1 night, and most states have madatory prison sentences for possession. I'm not buying no judge ever uses the code.

Willow, I think you're picking a fight with Art where none exists here. Hell he admits that pot is dangerous, he admits that it won't be as simple as just saying "do what you want stoners". He is coming across as pretty reasonable to me, in fact I think he agrees with me that states should decide on their own, he just can't quite bring himself to say it............... yet

Of course she's picking a fight. Frankly, I've been about as patient with her as I have ever been in this thread. Normally, I'd just say something mean and nasty to her and enjoy the explosion that follows.

Why would you want to be mean and nasty? Why do you think I'm picking a fight vs. voicing my opinion? Does not agreeing with you equivocate to "picking a fight"?

Because I don't particularly like you or take much of what you say seriously.

He agreed with you that states should decide on their own as long as they made it legal. And you think you won a point? :doubt:

well then don't talk to me. it's just that simple. I on the other hand don't have anything against you. but that's just me. You can take me seriously or not. my life won't change one way or another.

I'll admit that most simple possession don't wind up in long jail sentences, but they shouldn't even spend the night in Jail.
MBA was from Loyola University in New Orleans. Paid for 100% by Texaco
I don't think I'd be rich had I not focused on financial planning for professional investors.

NO simple possession arrests lead to long jail sentences.

Hmm, a Jesuit who wants to smoke dope, go figure..............

Lot's of Jesuit's and catholics smoke millions of pounds of dope. wingnuts have huge problems with it. Jesus burned tree, show me a long haired carpenter who doesn't.

Art, I really want an answer here, why are you FOR a federal law which limits my choices when you are against one that limits yours?

well then don't talk to me. it's just that simple. I on the other hand don't have anything against you. but that's just me. You can take me seriously or not. my life won't change one way or another.

No, I think I will continue doing the whole voicing of my opinion whenever I see fit as well.

No, I think I will continue doing the whole voicing of my opinion whenever I see fit as well.

funny,, that you want to pick a fight with someone you don't particularly like, why is that?

Forum List

Back