NAACP announces Its "Unconditional Support" for Cali's Marijuana legalization

You of course realize that many of those who are currently breaking the law in regards to smoking pot would just go ahead and break those regulations to? That's just not a viable argument for the legalization.

Yes, I do. I agree that's its not very viable standing alone. Stoners will still do what they do just like boozers but Willow's argument is one big fat logical fallacy. It's ridiculous to argue that suddenly everyone will wake and bake every day. Regulations that would need to be put in place should it get legalized would have a net benefit. An ID required to purchase ... 21 to buy, some form of test for driving stoned or a more sophisticated one than whatever they use now. Tax revenue, unclogging the courts. Things of that nature.

No, I don't buy into the argument that everyone who smokes would be smoking at inappropriate times either, but some would, just as some drink on the job or whatever. That was my point.

So basically, it's a wash. Things wont really change in that regard.

I just think that people on BOTH sides are using fallacies and hyperbole to argue their argument.

Such is every argument.

Hell fire it boils down to this.

Pot is dangerous and it DOES impair, anyone who argues that is a liar, PERIOD.

Of course.

We already have a legal equivalent as far as impairment goes, and there is at least a pretty good argument that they are equal in terms of danger to the user. Anyone who argues that is also a liar.

I completely disagree here. With no statistics whatsoever to back it up I can very confidently say that you are FAR more likely to hurt yourself or get killed as a result of alcohol than weed. It isn't even close.
So it boils down to , do you want another legal substance that impair on the market? Either you do or you don't. All this dishonesty about oh look how many non violent pot users are in prison is just that dishonesty, just as the hand wringing that pot users will be blazing up at every opportunity is.

The answer is yes. I'm not making an emotional argument. Legalizing pot will really free up the courts. Notice I didn't say jails, I said courts. Legalizing pot will really generate a ton of tax revenue. Making an valid ID saying you are 21 will really make it more difficult for kids to get their hands on weed.

go ahead legalize it. I'll grow something more productive than tomatos next year. Stupid people.

If they legalized Willow, POT would be less expensive than tomatoes.

Hell!~ it would be less expensive than Zuchinni, and let's face it, you can't GIVE AWAY zuchinni when they're in season.

The ONLY thing sustaining the price of pot is the illegality of it.

Its a freakin' WEED, for goodness sakes.

If you grow your own you won't have to pay tax on it. Not to mention you'll know what you are smoking.

Now there is a good argument. Would growing pot remain illegal? It might.

Yes, I do. I agree that's its not very viable standing alone. Stoners will still do what they do just like boozers but Willow's argument is one big fat logical fallacy. It's ridiculous to argue that suddenly everyone will wake and bake every day. Regulations that would need to be put in place should it get legalized would have a net benefit. An ID required to purchase ... 21 to buy, some form of test for driving stoned or a more sophisticated one than whatever they use now. Tax revenue, unclogging the courts. Things of that nature.

No, I don't buy into the argument that everyone who smokes would be smoking at inappropriate times either, but some would, just as some drink on the job or whatever. That was my point.

So basically, it's a wash. Things wont really change in that regard.

Such is every argument.

Of course.

We already have a legal equivalent as far as impairment goes, and there is at least a pretty good argument that they are equal in terms of danger to the user. Anyone who argues that is also a liar.

I completely disagree here. With no statistics whatsoever to back it up I can very confidently say that you are FAR more likely to hurt yourself or get killed as a result of alcohol than weed. It isn't even close.
So it boils down to , do you want another legal substance that impair on the market? Either you do or you don't. All this dishonesty about oh look how many non violent pot users are in prison is just that dishonesty, just as the hand wringing that pot users will be blazing up at every opportunity is.

The answer is yes. I'm not making an emotional argument. Legalizing pot will really free up the courts. Notice I didn't say jails, I said courts. Legalizing pot will really generate a ton of tax revenue. Making an valid ID saying you are 21 will really make it more difficult for kids to get their hands on weed.

On the issue of dangers to the user. I was speaking more of health issues, not the dangers of getting into a car accident, etc etc.

As to making it tough on kids to get weed. That would be virtually impossible to guarantee if people are growing in their backyards. Let's face it stoners, not casual users mind you but STONERS, are completely unresponsible people and it is completely feasible to believe that many kids would simply help themselves to mom and dads stash. Of course the same thing could be said about any adult only product, but pot is the only one were talking about which would potentially be just growing literally wild outside. Imagine if your neighbor had a pot plan on their front porch and your child got a hold of it.That is a legitimate concern.

Last edited:
You of course realize that many of those who are currently breaking the law in regards to smoking pot would just go ahead and break those regulations to? That's just not a viable argument for the legalization.

Hell we aren't supposed to ask illegals for an ID and you want us to show ID to buy pot? What is the matter with you? And unclog the courts? Where are the regulation breakers gonna go?

Thank you for the non sequitur.

go ahead legalize it. I'll grow something more productive than tomatos next year. Stupid people.

Hell!~ it would be less expensive than Zuchinni, and let's face it, you can't GIVE AWAY zuchinni when they're in season.

If you grow your own you won't have to pay tax on it. Not to mention you'll know what you are smoking.

The current thinking in most places is that if you grow it, you have to pay taxes on it.

Now if they allow peoplke to grow their own without also imposing a TAX on it, you're right.

that's not the direction that Maine is headed, however.

In fact Maine seems to be about the buiness of creating farming MONOPOLIES and RETAIL monopolies, too.

They just cannot let the thing be.

They have just GOT to stick their fingers into the pie to see what plums they can pull out of it.

Legalize it completely.

If it's not being RETAILED then the government ought to mind it own fucking business.

Last edited:
Young blacks use marijuana at lower rates than young whites. Yet from 2004 through 2008, in every one of the 25 largest counties in California, blacks were arrested for marijuana possession at higher rates than whites, typically at double, triple or even quadruple the rate of whites,” the report concluded. “acks were arrested for simple marijuana possession far out of proportion to their percentage in the total population of the counties. In the 25 largest counties as a whole, blacks are 7% of the population but 20% of the people arrested for possessing marijuana.”

It is ridiculous that we fill our prisons with non-violent offenders

Good for the NAACP

Few marijuana possesors go to jail. It is the dealers that might go to jail. Saying jails are full of people with simple possession isn't true.

800,000 jailed annually dissagree

Question:

If you were driving a car around the Nascar Track at Talladega and 42 other people were also driving their cars around the Track, would you rather the be Drunk or Stoned?

Simple question, would a Drunk person or a Stoned person be more dangerous to you in your car?

Hell we aren't supposed to ask illegals for an ID and you want us to show ID to buy pot? What is the matter with you? And unclog the courts? Where are the regulation breakers gonna go?

Actually a good point on the regulation breakers though.

I'm guessing they pay fines. Store sells pot to minor and pays a fine. Adult gives pot to minor they get arrested. Shit like that.

It is ridiculous that we fill our prisons with non-violent offenders

Good for the NAACP

Few marijuana possesors go to jail. It is the dealers that might go to jail. Saying jails are full of people with simple possession isn't true.

800,000 jailed annually dissagree

Not to mention the number of citizens who are shook down by the courts every year for simple possession.

Fucking criminal justice system.

Criminal is the RIGHT word for it.

You are welcome. Now if you just sat down a minute and thought this through you'd come to realize you are a lot better off with the way things are now. or be a hypocrite makes no never mind to me.

why couldn't the federal gov just decim. Remove the nearly retarded schedule I treating it like Heroin.
Make it non criminal, use jail money for violent criminals that have to be let out due to overcrowding. How many more stories do we need about repeat child molestors winding up murdering a little kid.

The current thinking in most places is that if you grow it, you have to pay taxes on it.

Now if they allow peoplke to grow their own without also imposing a TAX on it, you're right.

that's not the direction that Maine is headed, however.

In fact Maine seems to be about the buiness of creating farming MONOPOLIES and RETAIL monopolies, too.

They just cannot let the thing be.

They have just GOT to stick their fingers into the pie to see what plums they can pull out of it.

Legalize it completely.

If it's not being RETAILED then the government ought to mind it own fucking business.

Or you could do that.

so article thinks kids without the proper ID won't be able to get marijuana. and he thinks "rules and regulations" are gonna control the situation.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Question:

If you were driving a car around the Nascar Track at Talladega and 42 other people were also driving their cars around the Track, would you rather the be Drunk or Stoned?

Simple question, would a Drunk person or a Stoned person be more dangerous to you in your car?

stoned, drunks flip cars and have collisions. Stoners do 20mph under the speed limit and have grannies yelling at them for going to slow.

why couldn't the federal gov just decim. Remove the nearly retarded schedule I treating it like Heroin.
Make it non criminal, use jail money for violent criminals that have to be let out due to overcrowding. How many more stories do we need about repeat child molestors winding up murdering a little kid.

Apparently you don't realize that decriminalizing pot has nothing to do with sentencing guidelines for child molestation..........................

Either way, they are non-violent criminals and I would not want to use my tax dollars to keep them in prison

Why not? A guy caught for his second DUI isn't necessarily a violent offender either, but he deserves to be in jail.

And that doesn't address the fact that the guy lied. His specific claim was that he knew a lot of first time possession felons in Oklahoma.

Just as I believe a state should have the right to legalize MJ if they wish, I also believe a state should have the right to throw people in jail for possession if they wish.

But t his notion that the prisons of this country are over flowing with people who did nothing except get caught for their first offense of simple possession is a joke. Anyone with common sense knows that, arguing differently weakens the argument.

You're right people don't go to jail for simple marijuana possession. The fact that it goes on your record though is retarded. It closes doors or can make certain things more difficult than they have to be later in life. If you get picked up for weed it can ruin your career. It's pretty senseless.

Whats senseless is when someone knows what you just said and smokes anyway and gets caught and then wonders why they can't get a job.

You are welcome. Now if you just sat down a minute and thought this through you'd come to realize you are a lot better off with the way things are now. or be a hypocrite makes no never mind to me.

Eff that.

Legalizing it makes it legit. It means I don't have to worry about getting arrested for simply carrying weed. It opens up an entire market. It also deals a significant blow to the cartels just south of the border if that kind of stuff motivates you ...

so article thinks kids without the proper ID won't be able to get marijuana. and he thinks "rules and regulations" are gonna control the situation.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did I say they wont be able to get marijuana? I said it would be more difficult for them to get marijuana. Kids can get weed much more easily than they can alcohol because they need someone to buy it for them.

Why not? A guy caught for his second DUI isn't necessarily a violent offender either, but he deserves to be in jail.

And that doesn't address the fact that the guy lied. His specific claim was that he knew a lot of first time possession felons in Oklahoma.

Just as I believe a state should have the right to legalize MJ if they wish, I also believe a state should have the right to throw people in jail for possession if they wish.

But t his notion that the prisons of this country are over flowing with people who did nothing except get caught for their first offense of simple possession is a joke. Anyone with common sense knows that, arguing differently weakens the argument.

You're right people don't go to jail for simple marijuana possession. The fact that it goes on your record though is retarded. It closes doors or can make certain things more difficult than they have to be later in life. If you get picked up for weed it can ruin your career. It's pretty senseless.

Whats senseless is when someone knows what you just said and smokes anyway and gets caught and then wonders why they can't get a job.

IMO that really has nothing to do with pot and everything to do with stupid. Why do people get tattoos everywhere and piercings all over there face and then wonder why no one respectable wants to hire them????????????

People honestly feel t hat they should be able to do just whatever the hell they want with no repercussions.

Apparently you don't realize that decriminalizing pot has nothing to do with sentencing guidelines for child molestation..........................

Apparently even a hardcore wingnut can't get his mind around more space for the molestors who get let out early.

Forum List

Back