N.Y. Times: Bush Should Have Used Racial Profiling to Prevent 9/11

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Don't look now, but the oh so politically correct New York Times has just endorsed racial profiling as a critical tool in fighting the war on terrorism.

In fact, says the Times, if only President Bush had ordered airports to use "threat profiling" to screen out suspected Muslim terrorists after receiving a CIA warning in August 2001 that al-Qaida was preparing to hijack U.S. airplanes, the 9/11 attacks might have been prevented.

"After receiving that briefing memo entitled 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.'," says the Times in Monday's lead editorial, Bush should have departed from his vacation in Crawford, Texas, and "rushed back to the White House, assembled all his top advisers and demanded to know what, in particular, was being done to screen airline passengers to make sure people who fit the airlines' threat profiles were being prevented from boarding American planes."

Of course, since all the terrorists mentioned in the August CIA memo were Middle Eastern radical Muslims, passengers of Middle Eastern appearance would have "fit the airlines' threat profile."

Hence, under the Times plan, Muslims by the thousands would have been yanked from airport ticket lines for thorough investigation.

But there's a reason that, even after 9/11, anti-terrorist racial profiling is verboten. It's because newspapers like the Times have spent the last 20 years demonizing law enforcement officials who even hint that racial profiling can be an effective way of ferreting out the bad guys.

The anti-profiling taboo has gone so far that often the Times and other like-minded news outlets will leave race out of the mix when describing a criminal suspect who's on the loose.

Alas, had the Times and its brethren not gone off the deep end on racial profiling, perhaps a sensible profiling program would have been in place at Boston's Logan Airport on the morning of 9/11.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/12/120947.shtml

Originally posted by jimnyc
Don't look now, but the oh so politically correct New York Times has just endorsed racial profiling as a critical tool in fighting the war on terrorism.

In fact, says the Times, if only President Bush had ordered airports to use "threat profiling" to screen out suspected Muslim terrorists after receiving a CIA warning in August 2001 that al-Qaida was preparing to hijack U.S. airplanes, the 9/11 attacks might have been prevented.

"After receiving that briefing memo entitled 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.'," says the Times in Monday's lead editorial, Bush should have departed from his vacation in Crawford, Texas, and "rushed back to the White House, assembled all his top advisers and demanded to know what, in particular, was being done to screen airline passengers to make sure people who fit the airlines' threat profiles were being prevented from boarding American planes."

Of course, since all the terrorists mentioned in the August CIA memo were Middle Eastern radical Muslims, passengers of Middle Eastern appearance would have "fit the airlines' threat profile."

Hence, under the Times plan, Muslims by the thousands would have been yanked from airport ticket lines for thorough investigation.

But there's a reason that, even after 9/11, anti-terrorist racial profiling is verboten. It's because newspapers like the Times have spent the last 20 years demonizing law enforcement officials who even hint that racial profiling can be an effective way of ferreting out the bad guys.

The anti-profiling taboo has gone so far that often the Times and other like-minded news outlets will leave race out of the mix when describing a criminal suspect who's on the loose.

Alas, had the Times and its brethren not gone off the deep end on racial profiling, perhaps a sensible profiling program would have been in place at Boston's Logan Airport on the morning of 9/11.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/4/12/120947.shtml

Amen brother, shoulda coulda woulda and STILL should be used.:dunno: When you know what nationality, religeon, and basic description your enemy is, why kiss ass and be PC??? It is sickening and wrong to let them in for the sole reason as to not offend certain questionable groups of peoples. But hey, that's just me.:D

Ugh!!! The New York Times has got to be the worst newspaper of all time.We all know if Bush would have done this "profiling plan" he would have been jumped on like flys on s**t!!! The liberal New York Times are part of the reason this ridiculous PC is in effect. Ya know,for some people,Bush will never do the right thing,even when he is doing the right thing. Racail profling is,I'm sure,not fun for the people that have to be targets of it,but thats the way it has to be for now. Arabs cannot seriously get angry for being checked more at the airports when Arabs are the ones commiting terror. Not all of course,I know,but what else are we supposed to do? Go after little boys and girls,or better yet,better screen those cats and dogs that are boarding these planes heavily-they might be packin under their fur.

:arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

Originally posted by krisy
The New York Times has got to be the worst newspaper of all time.

All of the papers here in NY suck. The Times, WSJ, NY Post, Daily News, Newsday. I read them ocassionally for the sports section and classifieds but don't even bother anymore with the news section.

Originally posted by jimnyc
All of the papers here in NY suck. The Times, WSJ, NY Post, Daily News, Newsday. I read them ocassionally for the sports section and classifieds but don't even bother anymore with the news section.

And you can add the Voice, NY Press, the Sun (do they still print that rag???).........

They're all good for picking up dog s**t though!:banana:

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
And you can add the Voice, NY Press, the Sun (do they still print that rag???).........

I've only read the Voice a couple of times and thought it sucked. Not exactly what I would call a 'news'paper. Never read the Press and never heard of the Sun (that doesn't mean it isn't still printed).

Looks like the NY Sun is only available online. http://www.nysun.com/

It won't even let you view the online edition without a paid subscription. I don't see anything about a printed version anywhere.

Originally posted by krisy
Ugh!!! The New York Times has got to be the worst newspaper of all time.We all know if Bush would have done this "profiling plan" he would have been jumped on like flys on s**t!!! The liberal New York Times are part of the reason this ridiculous PC is in effect. Ya know,for some people,Bush will never do the right thing,even when he is doing the right thing. Racail profling is,I'm sure,not fun for the people that have to be targets of it,but thats the way it has to be for now. Arabs cannot seriously get angry for being checked more at the airports when Arabs are the ones commiting terror. Not all of course,I know,but what else are we supposed to do? Go after little boys and girls,or better yet,better screen those cats and dogs that are boarding these planes heavily-they might be packin under their fur.

:arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

And please don't forget to strip search those pesky ol blue hairs?:D Lord knows how many elderly caucassian, african american, Mexicans, and Asians have been blowin people up lately.:dunno: :smoke:

Forum List

Back