N.O.W.: Tebow ad celebrates violence against women

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

The National Organization for Women, that's who.

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Henderson: NOW's take on Tebow ad trivializes real problems

N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe.

Who among the estimated 106.5 million television viewers – and the untold millions more who have seen it on YouTube and other outlets – could possibly be upset with the image of a happy, active family?

NOW President Terry O'Neill said the Tebow ad – I couldn't make this up – glorifies violence against women.

"I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."

Wait no one made this thread yet!!!!

I was going to do this last night.

N.O.W. is a bunch of hypocrites.....do you know why? (Think of other ads during the superbowl where men tackle women)

Yea, are they bitching about the Betty White one? I think that one was voted #1.

This has to be a spoof, are you sure it's not the Onion? If not, WTF? :confused:

This has to be a spoof, are you sure it's not the Onion? If not, WTF? :confused:

I wish it was a spoof EZ but I think N.O.W. is trying to self destruct .

NOW joined the lunatic fringe years ago.

I'm guessing NAG..er..NOW President Terry O'Neill has never had kids, boys in particular.

Gloria allred is going after tiger's balls. The ones with his mistresses faces on them because their faces get scuffed up from being hit.

But when Clinton sexual harrassed everything with a vagina, NOW was nowhere to be found. They are a joke

You state that N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe. I STRONGLY DISAGREE. They have always been a member of the lunatic fringe.

Hours before the Tebow ad ran, former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Warren Sapp was arrested in Miami on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery against a woman.

Where was Terry O'Neill on that one?

We'll let the Sapp case play out in court, but this is hardly the first time a male athlete has stood accused of such a thing. NOW issues occasional statements of outrage about this issue, but why not push the NFL and NCAA into a comprehensive and mandatory education program – starting from the moment a player enrolls in college and continuing until he retires as a pro.

Every player, from walk-ons in college to all-pros and coaches in the NFL.

Every year.

That would be a sensible, positive and needed response to an issue that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

The NFL would either have to cooperate or face a real public-relations disaster. It might even make a difference by heading off potential problems before they escalate into real violence.

You'd think they would focus on this instead.

Hours before the Tebow ad ran, former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Warren Sapp was arrested in Miami on a misdemeanor charge of domestic battery against a woman.

Where was Terry O'Neill on that one?

We'll let the Sapp case play out in court, but this is hardly the first time a male athlete has stood accused of such a thing. NOW issues occasional statements of outrage about this issue, but why not push the NFL and NCAA into a comprehensive and mandatory education program – starting from the moment a player enrolls in college and continuing until he retires as a pro.

Every player, from walk-ons in college to all-pros and coaches in the NFL.

Every year.

That would be a sensible, positive and needed response to an issue that doesn't get nearly enough attention.

The NFL would either have to cooperate or face a real public-relations disaster. It might even make a difference by heading off potential problems before they escalate into real violence.

You'd think they would focus on this instead.

NOW is an insignificant left-wing fringe group composed of a tiny number of man-hating, disturbed "females." The only reason they have a voice is because the MSM leans Left and shares some of the same beliefs.

You state that N.O.W. has officially joined the ranks of the lunatic fringe. I STRONGLY DISAGREE. They have always been a member of the lunatic fringe.

Maybe. But I never thought they were this far out there.

It's not like this was said by some whacked out member, this was their friggin president.

Kind of silly...but I did wonder why the Ad Company showed this guy tackling his mom....and full bore tackle too. (He's a quarterback, btw...doesn't do tackling)

Same reason another ad had a young guy tackle Betty White into a mudpuddle....some people see humor in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rsaneyeXY]YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot[/ame]

Yea, are they bitching about the Betty White one? I think that one was voted #1.

If the folks were paying attention, they would have seen that Fish ( can't remember his real name ) was tackled after Betty White. So would this be violence against the elderly?

:cuckoo:

Really, these feminist groups needed to lighten the hell up and learn how to laugh at something.

Kind of silly...but I did wonder why the Ad Company showed this guy tackling his mom....and full bore tackle too. (He's a quarterback, btw...doesn't do tackling)

Same reason another ad had a young guy tackle Betty White into a mudpuddle....some people see humor in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3rsaneyeXY]YouTube - Snickers Commercial - Betty White - Super Bowl 44 Spot[/ame]

Because his mom is a wimp without a snack to give her energy? That's why Betty White was tackled.

Humor? In an anti-abortion ad? :eusa_eh:

I saw the ads and also heard what the NOW Chairwoman had to say. Talk about ridiculous.
I guess she couldn't really find anything bad to say about the Tedrow ad so just had to comment on brutallity toward women. Jeeze. What a loser.

The ads were just that ads. Betty White, Abe Vigoda and Mrs Tedrow got tackled, well their stand-ins got tackled. All in the cute superbowl ads. You would think NOW could find better things to bitch about. Jeeze.

Last edited:
The ad was about as tame as it gets. If it weren't for all the hype, you wouldn't even know it was an anti-abortion ad.

Seems like NOW had to say something critical of the ad and this was the best they could come up with. It's pretty clear they care more about politics than women, and that's kind of a shame.

Forum List

Back