Myth of the Clinton surplus

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5F79kd2O7U]FLASHBACK: In 2001 Address, Bush Said The National Debt Would Be Paid Off In Ten Years - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

Yeah.."myth". It became a "myth" after George W. Bush squandered it.

I'd take clinton in a new york minute right about now....

obama will be known as the worst president in history.

in reality, he's a traitor.

Oh you mean he went to a nation holding American Hostages and made a deal with them to hold them until after he was inaugurated as President?

Oh wait..that was a real fucking traitor.

Ronald Reagan!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfnOJd_FmA]Reagan Breaks Laws then Lies About It - YouTube[/ame]

Oh you mean he went to a nation holding American Hostages and made a deal with them to hold them until after he was inaugurated as President?

Ronald Reagan!

Is that all you got you pathetic, irrelevant koolaid drinker?

I suppose GHWB flew to Teheran in an SR71 to make the deal, right? :lol:

you should change your sig to "I'm really that simple"

Last edited:
If there was no surplus, then where did those $300 checks (that Bush sent us) come from?

Bill Clinton rode the lucky dot.com bubble, housing bubble and the GOP run HoR keeping him in check until the party starting slowing down near the end with an economy that slowed down before Bush Jr got into the White House.

Bill also left Bush Jr a big surprise with the 9-11 attacks which set the economy backwards even more in the airline and tourism industries for a few months.

THANK YOU!!! YOU like me seem to be the FEW that understand that between the dot.com bust, 9/11 and worst historical hurricane SEASONS COSTS our country $8 trillion in losses!
$8 trillion that starting in 2003 at $166 billion and now $232 billion a year is LOST in tax write offs hence NO TAX revenue yearly of $232 billion!
ALL due to events beyond that "drunken sailor spender" BUSH!!!
And all the idiots that SEEM to forget that when they use that phrase ALSO seem to forget that these TRAITORS added 3,000 deaths and $600 billion MORE in expenses all because they didn't care when they said:
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D) "The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything " very helpful!
U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Can't you hear Osama repeating it?
"American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Kerry (D) calling our troops "TERRORISTS"...
Senator Obama said "troops are air-raiding villages and killing civilians,"

NOW these SAME traitors that spend millions on advertising in campaign commercials SAY those words didn't HELP recruit terrorists?

I mean these words encouraged the deaths of our troops! Encourage prolonging the conclusion of the 1991 CEASE FIRE!
AND NO one it seems wants to remind these people THEY helped recruit Terrorists that killed our troops and cost 6 years and $600 billion!

Bill Clinton is full of shit, with some budget magic he started counting the Social Security surplus as part of the budget. He is a lying sack of shit about everything in his life....even liking his wife, Hillary.

Tell me of a president that has not used the SS surplus as part of the budget? Reagan? GH Bush?, GW Bush? Yea, thought so.

And as "an Auditor" --- this observation of yours is a VALID EXCUSE for the larceny?

I'm not partial to any of those crooks.. Are YOU? When the immensity of this theft becomes knowledge to the politically oblivious 40% or so of Americans --- there's gonna be hell to pay.. Partly because the 1/2 of Americans that DO pay Income Tax are gonna be stuck with paying TWICE for the theft plus double interest..

Largest financial disaster in American history... And the THEFT continues with Obama now stealing from the premiums..

We need MORE Democrats/Republicans in office.. These critters NEED to be rewarded...

Ronald Reagan!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZfnOJd_FmA]Reagan Breaks Laws then Lies About It - YouTube[/ame]

I don't usually get into arguments about Reagan or FDR because the world has changed so much since then that I don't learn much from the exercise.. But in this case, one thing I've noticed is that Reagan actually had the proper attitude towards the Arabs.. In almost every case -- Reagan refused to give them any attention. Refused to engage in the ME except for knocking back the Soviet influence and supporting Israel.. He DID cut our losses and solve the hostage crisis. He DID cut and run from Lebanon.. I actually think all that was GREAT ME policy..

Appears to me ---- he decided it wasn't worth it to engage and have a forced presence. The damage in Iran was already done when we help dumped the Shah. There was NOTHING to gain -- NOTHING to impose.. I find that VERY PRAGMATIC and refreshing compared to finding out you've AGAIN helped install the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.. A country where NOW --- Al queada has a 20% FAVORABLE rating..

FederalDeficit(1).jpg

Q: During the Clinton administration was the federal budget balanced? Was the federal deficit erased?

A: Yes to both questions, whether you count Social Security or not

FULL ANSWER: FactCheck.org : The Budget and Deficit Under Clinton

DID YOU KNOW that the $5 trillion dot.com bust created losses written against tax payments and as a result starting in 2002 taxpayers deducted $166 billion in losses against their payments.. that goes on today.
Then DID YOU KNOW that 9/11 happened? That was another $2 trillion in losses that added another $66 billion in tax writeoffs!
Then did you know the WORST HURRICANE SEASONS!!!! Occurred? Costing $1 trillion in LOSSES or another $33 billion...

SO after 2007 nearly $262 billion a year IN TAX revenue LOSSES!!!
Do you understand that????

Two things....One.Clinton didnt do anything that he wasn't dragged kicking and screaming to.

Two Newt said he had a balanced Budget not that the debt didn't rise ... Oh and guess who was also in congress during that time?????

Posts like this are forbidden, when every time a criticism of Bush is leveled, the right wing response is "BOOOOOOSH!"

At least non-defense government spending went down by 0.7% while Clinton was in office. Of course this was because America had real fiscal conservatives in Congress at the time and Bill cooperated with them because of his incessant need to be liked. What's interesting is that his tax increases actually stifled growth; the truly large expansion in the economy didn't occur until after he lowered tax rates. Imagine that. :cool:

BTW, the national debt increases by about $1.7 Trillion while Clinton was in office. Woohoo!!!!

If there was no surplus, then where did those $300 checks (that Bush sent us) come from?
Same place as the 6 TRILLION Obama has added to the debt in less than 4 years. OPM...other people's money!

And in BOTH cases...mostly stolen from the future and EVERY BIT printed out of thin air!

In Bush's case, about 450 million dollars was borrowed from the future for that program. In Obama's case it's over 40 cents on the dollar or 2.4 TRILLION dollars stolen from the future to pay BACK for his election and pay FOR his re election!

You want to talk about hypocrisy. Democrats whining about Bush's spending when Obama's deficit spending EACH year of his presidency ALONE is more than Bush spent on the Iraq and Afghan wars combined, is...well, to be generous, NAIVE!

Especially since we are no longer IN Iraq as per the BUSH Status Of Forces Agreement signed with the Iraqi government in November 2008. Now when did Obama take office...?

He doesn't even have the excuse of 2 wars for all that spending. And the FACT is, that in Afghanistan where we had been the longest, he has DOUBLED the number of troops and all we have to show for it is DOUBLED the number of casualties in 4 years as there were under Bush in 8!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaQUU2ZL6D8"]Try this video for a laugh![/ame]

Liberals claiming Bush is responsible for the deficits is like John Wilks Booth claiming he'd have gotten away with it...if Lincoln hadn't had his balcony built so high off the stage.

Not only has he NOT cut the deficit by a single dime, but has actually TRIPLED it in half the time and did it while he had a veto proof majority in BOTH houses of Congress his first two years!

These liberals are freakin' hilarious!

SO where are the REFUTATIONS that $8 trillion in losses from dot.com/9/11 & worst hurricane SEASONS reduced Tax revenue by $266 billion a year?

I mean I want someone to tell me THAT NOT collecting $266 billion a year DUE to the above Losses has NOT affected the annual deficit and in turn the national debt???

OH.. and when Bush spoke about ending the national debt in 10 years
1) NO dot.com bust had been recorded yet... $5 trillion
2) 9/11 hadn't happened another $2 trillion plus $600 billion homeland security and $600 billion caused by Democrats prolonging IrAQ Liberation!
3) Worst hurricane SEASONS in history han't happened!

These events never considered and IF NEVER happened Bush's prediction would have occurred! No national debt!

Bill Clinton is full of shit, with some budget magic he started counting the Social Security surplus as part of the budget. He is a lying sack of shit about everything in his life....even liking his wife, Hillary.

June 28, 1999

Clinton: Pay Debt By 2015

"Budget surpluses have surpassed most projections recently as the booming U.S. economy, now in its ninth year of expansion, and big stock market gains have filled government coffers with soaring revenues.

Clinton's plan did not include any major increases in the targeted tax cuts that he proposed earlier this year in areas such as child care and long-term care. Congressional Republicans want to use surpluses for far bigger tax cuts than Clinton has offered."

:eusa_whistle:

Right on cue....Mr Shitman with some kook link, but strange not showing off the kook pics.

June 28, 1999

Clinton: Pay Debt By 2015

"Budget surpluses have surpassed most projections recently as the booming U.S. economy, now in its ninth year of expansion, and big stock market gains have filled government coffers with soaring revenues.

Clinton's plan did not include any major increases in the targeted tax cuts that he proposed earlier this year in areas such as child care and long-term care. Congressional Republicans want to use surpluses for far bigger tax cuts than Clinton has offered."

Two things....One.Clinton didnt do anything that he wasn't dragged kicking and screaming to.
Yeah, Skippy.....sure, Skippy....​

"The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are scheduled to expire at the end of the year, and President Obama, just as he did on the campaign trail, has proposed renewing the cuts for all but those in the highest two income tax brackets, allowing tax rates for the wealthiest two percent of Americans to reset to the rate at which they were under President Clinton."

Yeah, Skippy.....sure, Skippy....​

"The Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 are scheduled to expire at the end of the year, and President Obama, just as he did on the campaign trail, has proposed renewing the cuts for all but those in the highest two income tax brackets, allowing tax rates for the wealthiest two percent of Americans to reset to the rate at which they were under President Clinton."

Are you a bot made by the DNC to spout talking points with no real evidence?

Forum List

Back