Myth of the Clinton surplus

Just like a liberal. Show up late and empty handed!

Uh, doofus, the debt was "eliminated" by legislation passed by democrats in 1989 that put the Social Security Trust Fund ON budget and took the Social Security Liabilities...THE PAYMENTS...OFF budget starting in 1992!

Political fuzzy math with NO basis in reality!

DONE...plain and simple.

The actual economy SUCKED until the republican controlled congress LOWERED the marginal tax rates in 96!

Really, this has all been covered in the first 3 pages. DO try to keep up!

There was a Clinton Surplus

George Bush told us so

I hope you'll join me in standing firmly on the side of the people. You see, the growing surplus exists because taxes are too high, and government is charging more than it needs. The people of America have been overcharged, and, on their behalf, I'm here asking for a refund.

Bush used the Clinton surplus as a justification to cut taxes

Last edited:

The "Clinton Surplus" Was mostly Bullshit, the Product of a Combination of a surge in Revenue from a soon to Burst Tech Bubble, Funny math, and a little rapping of the SS slush fund, and Republicans in Congress made it happen, Not Bill Clinton.

September 27, 2000

ANOTHER Budget Surplus

"....the president explained, the $5.7 trillion national debt has been reduced by $360 billion in the last three years -- $223 billion this year alone."

:eusa_whistle:

LMAOff!!!!!!!

Now you are using quotes by the most despised republican...by liberals...in history as proof of Clinton's greatness.

Holy SHIT you fudpuckers will say or do anything!

Just WHICH of the FACTUAL post above where you started posting are you trying to bury with all this stupidity Ms?

LMAOff!!!!!!!

Now you are using quotes by the most despised republican...by liberals...in history as proof of Clinton's greatness.

Just WHICH of the FACTUAL post above where you started posting are you trying to bury with all this stupidity Ms?

Republicans used the Clinton surplus as an excuse to cut the tax rate

Now that the tax cuts have gone through, they are in denial that there actually was a Clinton surplus

LMAOff!!!!!!!

Republicans used the Clinton surplus as an excuse to cut the tax rate

Now that the tax cuts have gone through, they are in denial that there actually was a Clinton surplus

"Here’s the truth. America has a huge budget deficit hanging over our heads. If the rich don’t pay their fair share, the rest of us have to pay higher taxes — or do without vital public services like Medicare, Medicaid, Pell grants, food stamps, child nutrition, federal aid to education, and more."

(....i.e. investements in our Future!)

:eusa_whistle:

Eight years of peace? Really? :rolleyes:

Yeah -- I was gonna flag that myself..

I remember a Chinese Embassy and several commuter trains getting in the way of our emaculate 40 day/40 night bombing of Serbia.. DAILY pounding on the Iraqis til we LITERALLY ran out of bombs. Mad AllBright declaring the 200,000 dead Iraqi citizens considered to be "justified"..

Let's see --- Somalia, Sudan, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Kosovo --- did I miss anyone that got bombed. Just put your hand up if I did..

How about the '93 bombing of the World Trade Center.
Yes indeed, and the Embassy bombings of 1998.

This thread just shows you that progressives don't know how things went.... That or they all just lie

I know how things are done and Clinton ran a surplus.

Then you can show us where that surplus is?

Government - Historical Debt Outstanding – Annual

Damn, you wussies wont even keep the site updated.

Go to the budget site and download the budgets. You can see them there.

Surplus = cash inflows - cash outflows. That's what happened for four years. If you want to see how we can run a surplus and have total debt grow, see the link I posted above.

Nobody with a clue makes this argument.

The best Clinton and Newt can say id they balanced the budget......There was no surplus....Hell the politicians couldn't even follow the budget they balanced.

The Clinton Surplus

Politics_0905_Clinton_Arithmetic_480x360.jpg

The "Clinton Surplus" Was mostly Bullshit, the Product of a Combination of a surge in Revenue from a soon to Burst Tech Bubble, Funny math, and a little rapping of the SS slush fund, and Republicans in Congress made it happen, Not Bill Clinton.
Of course, Bush had a GOP controlled Congress, a surge in revenue from a soon to burst housing bubble, "fuzzy math," and he "raped the SS slush fund" and yet he never had a surplus, so the difference must have been Clinton.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]6-GlExX6sqw[/MEDIA] Clinton's Big Budget Surplus Debunked - YouTube[/ame]

No myth.

Bush: Surplus Justifies Tax Cut

President Bush said Saturday that the most important number in the budget he sends to Congress next week is the $5.6 trillion surplus it projects over the next 10 years.

That huge projected surplus provides the underpinning of all the administration's tax-cut and spending plans, Mr. Bush said in his recorded weekly radio address.

You republicans only started calling it a myth after you squandered it in Iraq and on tax breaks to the rich.

You used the surplus as justification for tax breaks. That means either you were lying in 2001 or now. Which is it?

Forum List

Back