My wifes story should be a caution for all in favor of "single payer healthcare"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So, after a few months, my wife was finally able to see someone regarding her knee. She needs a knee replacement, is already on government workers comp as it happened at work, she is using a cane, has limited mobility etc. She has been in pain for months, had to stay at work on modified duty for a few months, and STILL has not even met a surgeon for the original consultation. The person she was able to see was not from the surgeons office, they called her and set up an appointment at a "joint assessment" office. What in the hell for?

Delays, painful waiting, and layers of bureaucrats and clowns. All of this, and she STILL not even had an appointment with the surgeon for consultation. The surgeon they had originally referred to by her doctor, has a 6-9 month list to see him, and another year after for surgery! Tell me that this is the messed up, big government joke of a healthcare system Americans want.

Now, the insurance costs you pay in America go towards actual healthcare You might pay for it, but at least you don't have to suffer in pain and wait for the entitled system to work it's way through. This injury happened in March ffs. In the end, my wife will probably be forced to accept sub low performing, sub par Canadian surgeon that others try to avoid. Some even have reviews in which they botched surgeries and they went a period of only a few months to have it done again to fix the first one. "Here ya go, a nice surgeon for you and you on;y have to wait six months instead of a year to see this incompetent idiot".

Single Payer system is just big government and abuse. Something the Canadian system knows very well based on the RCMP and their incompetent friends. it expands to provincial and municipal apparatuses of all kinds.

So, after a few months, my wife was finally able to see someone regarding her knee. She needs a knee replacement, is already on government workers comp as it happened at work, she is using a cane, has limited mobility etc. She has been in pain for months, had to stay at work on modified duty for a few months, and STILL has not even met a surgeon for the original consultation. The person she was able to see was not from the surgeons office, they called her and set up an appointment at a "joint assessment" office. What in the hell for?

Delays, painful waiting, and layers of bureaucrats and clowns. All of this, and she STILL not even had an appointment with the surgeon for consultation. The surgeon they had originally referred to by her doctor, has a 6-9 month list to see him, and another year after for surgery! Tell me that this is the messed up, big government joke of a healthcare system Americans want.

Now, the insurance costs you pay in America go towards actual healthcare You might pay for it, but at least you don't have to suffer in pain and wait for the entitled system to work it's way through. This injury happened in March ffs. In the end, my wife will probably be forced to accept sub low performing, sub par Canadian surgeon that others try to avoid. Some even have reviews in which they botched surgeries and they went a period of only a few months to have it done again to fix the first one. "Here ya go, a nice surgeon for you and you on;y have to wait six months instead of a year to see this incompetent idiot".

Single Payer system is just big government and abuse. Something the Canadian system knows very well based on the RCMP and their incompetent friends. it expands to provincial and municipal apparatuses of all kinds.

In this situation in the U.S. single payer would have nothing to with it, it would fall strickly under workers comp.

It also matters where you live. I blew my knee out and was put on an "Emergency" list for surgery. I had to wait over 4 months for surgery and I couldn't walk because my knee was locked. The following year I moved to a different town and blew my knee out again. They had me in for surgery the next day.

Yes, I'm Canadian too.

In order to give free shit to the deadbeats and losers the quality of healthcare must be lowered for everyone, well except the elitist liberals who exempted themselves from government care for obvious reasons.

I do hope the best for your wife. My husband had that knee replacement surgery 2 times.

You can tell these stories until the cows come home. The Marxist brats don't care. They just want their "free" shit.

Maybe what you need to do is what so many other Canadians have already done: get help here in the US. You have to pay for it, but it may be worth avoiding all the concerns you have now.

It could be worse.

I know a lady who was visiting Germany from the US when she had a bowel obstruction. They did immediate emergency surgery but it did not get better. The doctors attitude was that they tried by failed. Besides, she was 70 years old and lived a good life so let her die.

Luckily for her, her son was a physician in the US and flew over there and raised hell. They then decided to do another surgery and she completely recovered. That was 10 years ago and she is still doing fine.

This is what happens with socialized medicine.

Or simply take the example of Vets at the VA who were very sick people and costly being put on secret death lists in Arizona.

To sell a single payer plan they will champion it as giving more people health care coverage, who would have been treated anyway regardless. However, once all power to treat goes to a small group of people they can begin to wean off health care from those who they deem are not worthy and give it to those who are. Those who are considered productive citizens who have a future will get much better care than those who are not.

We were told long ago what Obama and the dims were going to do.

It could be worse.

I know a lady who was visiting Germany from the US when she had a bowel obstruction. They did immediate emergency surgery but it did not get better. The doctors attitude was that they tried by failed. Besides, she was 70 years old and lived a good life so let her die.

Luckily for her, her son was a physician in the US and flew over there and raised hell. They then decided to do another surgery and she completely recovered. That was 10 years ago and she is still doing fine.

Or simply take the example of Vets at the VA who were very sick people and costly being put on secret death lists in Arizona.

To sell a single payer plan they will champion it as giving more people health care coverage, who would have been treated anyway regardless. However, once all power to treat goes to a small group of people they can begin to wean off health care from those who they deem are not worthy and give it to those who are. Those who are considered productive citizens who have a future will get much better care than those who are not.

Almost sounds like Commie Care. A french fry maker can get affordable insurance because he likely votes Democrat. Middle-class Americans can't afford it but they likely vote Republican.

In this situation in the U.S. single payer would have nothing to with it, it would fall strickly under workers comp.
Single payer makes people die waiting in line.... fact

It could be worse.

Almost sounds like Commie Care. A french fry maker can get affordable insurance because he likely votes Democrat. Middle-class Americans can't afford it but they likely vote Republican.

We saw under Obama how the IRS targeted conservatives with impunity.

Now perhaps the state can do a similar thing to their political rivals via a national health care system

What have we learned from the attitudes of the people here. They only care about themselves. They only want the best healthcare for themselves and if the poor and unfortunate get hurt or get sick they really don't care. It has nothing to do with saving or losing money to these egotistical people, it's about taking care of themselves and stomping on anyone who gets in their way.

Thank you for sharing this.

I hope your wife is able to coop until the surgery, living in pain can lead to addiction to pain killers, so please keep an eye on that.

sadly, this will fall deafly on our left ears.

What have we learned from the attitudes of the people here. They only care about themselves. They only want the best healthcare for themselves and if the poor and unfortunate get hurt or get sick they really don't care. It has nothing to do with saving or losing money to these egotistical people, it's about taking care of themselves and stomping on anyone who gets in their way.

:gay:

you don't have to stay.

independent minded people that have earned their place in society know that everyone can do the same.

except for the very very few that actually can't.

I couldn't agree more.

Any dipshit who things single payer is the way to go is just that, a dipshit.

Our Govt. in its entire history has never done anything cheaply or well.

Any dumbass who wants Govt. in control of healthcare for three hundred million Americans is a few cards short of a full deck.

Anything Govt. touch's turns into mountains of red tape, paperwork and long waits.

HC should be kicked back to the private sector where it belongs.

No way Govt. should be involved in HC.

I couldn't agree more.

Any dipshit who things single payer is the way to go is just that, a dipshit.

Our Govt. in its entire history has never done anything cheaply or well.

Any dumbass who wants Govt. in control of healthcare for three hundred million Americans is a few cards short of a full deck.

Anything Govt. touch's turns into mountains of red tape, paperwork and long waits.

HC should be kicked back to the private sector where it belongs.
when you have to wait for hours to get a drivers license.....
No way Govt. should be involved in HC.

oooohhh… the guilt card.

dont work no more.

Forum List

Back