My tummy is not full enough.....

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
This is what my son said to me before taking a nap today because I wouldn't let him have a cookie.
The kid weighs 40lbs, he isn't a real big kid but he eats like he is a truck driver. So yes he said he wasn't full enough, but from the time he woke up he ate cereal(two bowls), crackers, carrots, toast, PB&J, more carrots, and a few grapes thrown in there...... I am going to need a second job just to feed him soon.
I am glad he will eat anything, the kid loves vegetables and salad, but man I wish I had his metabolism.

This is what my son said to me before taking a nap today because I wouldn't let him have a cookie.
The kid weighs 40lbs, he isn't a real big kid but he eats like he is a truck driver. So yes he said he wasn't full enough, but from the time he woke up he ate cereal(two bowls), crackers, carrots, toast, PB&J, more carrots, and a few grapes thrown in there...... I am going to need a second job just to feed him soon.
I am glad he will eat anything, the kid loves vegetables and salad, but man I wish I had his metabolism.

A good diet like that, hell yeah, let the kid eat. In a few years, he'll be taking that cookie whether you like it or not.......:badgrin:

LOL... of course he said he was not full yet. His dessert stomach was empty. I love it when they insist they are full and cant eat any more dinner, but dessert is mentioned they are up for a full helping and suddenly starving! Its all about that second stomach.... the dessert stomach.

A good diet like that, hell yeah, let the kid eat. In a few years, he'll be taking that cookie whether you like it or not.......:badgrin:

I do.:lol: But he needs to take a break to take a nap. ;)

I remember when I got him evaluated for his current school, and one of the ladies said he was kind of small.. I told her it wasn't from lack of eating. My brother is the same way, and as a child was also small. Now he is 34, still skinny and 6ft tall....And he can lose weight while eating a pizza. Pisses me off!

My grandson is the same way . . . eats anything and everything and not an ounce of fat on the kid. He's only 7 and, of course, doesn't sit still for a moment. I keep hoping he'll gain some weigh and start a growth spurt or something.

My grandson is the same way . . . eats anything and everything and not an ounce of fat on the kid. He's only 7 and, of course, doesn't sit still for a moment. I keep hoping he'll gain some weigh and start a growth spurt or something.

That is how my son is, of course I am careful about what he eats. He does eat junk food, but I try to limit that, but he still eats non stop. And he has no fat on him, of course he goes goes goes, then he falls asleep. There is no middle speed for him.

L, my son was always like this too. It took him awhile to start eating in the day but once he started he just grazed all day long. No huge meals but constant grazing. He's 18, about 5'3" and weighs 120 lbs. His appetite is better now that he's older . . . he eats more at a meal and gets full so the grazing isn't as prevalent. He actually went back for seconds at Thanksgiving . . . that was a first.!

Out of the ( or in the ) mouth of babes who love to graze through out the day. My 12 year old was and still is like that. I made some cookies last night ... store bought ready-to-bake cookies. After I fed him dinner this evening, as I was preparing to head out to the gym, he insisted on having more of those cookies. I politely told him that he could have some when I returned after my class. Well, he wasn't happy with that and went on to lie, saying that earlier when we talked on the phone, I said he could have them before I went to the gym. Speaking up to tell him that was incorrect, he quickly thought up another lie about what I said. Laughing inside, a giggle escaped me and he got so mad. Needless to say, he allowed his dinner to digest while I sweat my backside off in a kickboxing class. When I returned home, he was ready for his treat.

I can't tell you how many times I've told that son of mine that it's okay to have your belly grumble once in awhile. You're not going to wilt away and die. I promise.

Last edited:
L, my son was always like this too. It took him awhile to start eating in the day but once he started he just grazed all day long. No huge meals but constant grazing. He's 18, about 5'3" and weighs 120 lbs. His appetite is better now that he's older . . . he eats more at a meal and gets full so the grazing isn't as prevalent. He actually went back for seconds at Thanksgiving . . . that was a first.!

Right now, there is my son who is four, my two nephews who are three, and my one nephew is five. My son was the only one who ate all of his dinner at Thanksgiving. :lol:
He grazes and usually eats his meals, this why I might need a second job.:lol:

The kid has so much energy, I just don't think he knows what to do with it, and he needs a lot of fuel to keep this energy going. LOL

The worst past about it all, I give him my peas. I hate peas and he loves all vegetables, which I have no idea where he got it from. My sister in law asks me how I got him to be such a non picky eater. My answer was, " No clue". I think he was just born that way.

When my boys were little, I gave them a lecture at the dinner table about the benefits of eating vegetables.
Health, immune system, etc. I said eating vegetables today could even save your life some day.

The 4 year old looked at his plate and said "dad- I could get shot tomorrow and this potato couldn't do a thing about it". :lol:

When my boys were little, I gave them a lecture at the dinner table about the benefits of eating vegetables.
Health, immune system, etc. I said eating vegetables today could even save your life some day.

The 4 year old looked at his plate and said "dad- I could get shot tomorrow and this potato couldn't do a thing about it". :lol:

That's hilarious.... :lol:

My son tonight ate all the peas and carrots out of the fried rice. Lol

ahhh the teenage years.....

my son would stand in front of the pantry.......eat anything that was fast ...then open the fridge and stand in front of it and eat what he could out of it...then say....'theres nothing to eat'

i would buy groceries on friday and by sunday they were all gone....i started buying the bulk on monday....and i use to hide food from him...i mean hide it.....but he figured that out and would retaliate by finding it and eating all of it...sometimes he wouldnt even like the food but ate it cause it was hidden...

he is 29 now ...6' 4"....175 lbs soak and wet....he loves his metabolism....

i think parents make kids picky eaters...he was always expected to try things.....even stuffed mushrooms....he was about 6.....he didnt wanna eat them...but i told him he knew the rule...he took three bites and promptly tossed his cookies

i think parents make kids picky eaters...he was always expected to try things.....even stuffed mushrooms....he was about 6.....he didnt wanna eat them...but i told him he knew the rule...he took three bites and promptly tossed his cookies

I love that he threw up.. :lol:

I hated trying stuff but my mom made me too.

I was running a van load of recyclables to the dump, with 3 year old kid in tow.
He was riding in the back.
I said "Hey Jon how you doing back there?"

His reply- " I am comfortable and healthy".

Comfortable and healthy.
Dig it.

I ate everything my mother cooked and it was enough. Like a good woman my mother made it all fresh and home-made.
Besides the main meals I didn't eat anything except sweets.

Isn't that the criteria the US uses to determine if our children are starving? Just sayin....

Isn't that the criteria the US uses to determine if our children are starving? Just sayin....

What are you even talking about?

What are you even talking about?

Didn't the Government come up with some figure ( large number) of supposed children that did not get enough to eat? You know " My tummy is not full" question to determine who was poverty stricken and who missed meals?

Forum List

Back