My three electric vehicle questions.

He has dodged your sensible question has posted for several hours after your post yup he is dodging here.

Went over some of it with him, he doesn't think 58 years long enough when I told him the climate in my region is the same as it was in 1964 when I moved there, he disputes it with babbling nonsense since the entire Northwest climate is the same since 1964 too.

The climate in the Pacific Northwest has been dominated by the subduction of the Farallones plate ... which created the Cascade/Sierra Nevada Volcanic Arc ... as the Atlantic Ocean widened, the Pacific Ocean shrank ...

Also of critical importance is latitude ... roughly 40ºN to 50ºN ... right in the middle of the Westerlies ... and the creation of the rain shadow effect ... so westside can see up to 200 inches of rain per year, eastside more like 10 inches of rain ... Boise, Idaho averages 5 inches per year ...

This has been occurring since the breaking of Gondwana ... 100 million years ... is that long enough to be significant? ... although I don't believe the Pacific Northwest existed back then ... we'll need an expert in geology to explain how and when these lands were created ... we can use the Yellowstone Hotspot calderas to measure and date all this ...

Nick Zentner has been extremely prolific YouTuber ... dozens and dozens of videos explaining the geology ... just apply wind flow from the west and you've your own special climate ... did it rain last July, has it ever rained in July? ...

Here's Nick Zentner's staff listing at Central Washington University ... no coward is he ... a geologist's geologist ... [giggle] ...

He has dodged your sensible question has posted for several hours after your post yup he is dodging here.

Or maybe he has a "life". You know? That thing where trolls don't have as much fun?

Went over some of it with him, he doesn't think 58 years long enough when I told him the climate in my region is the same as it was in 1964 when I moved there, he disputes it with babbling nonsense since the entire Northwest climate is the same since 1964 too.

58 years is actually quite fine for entire data sets. But for one individual data POINT it isn't.

I wish I could explain how statistics and large-scale concepts like AGW work to you folks but I apparently can't.

Any SINGLE TEMPERATURE station is NOT going to show you AGW. In the real world of science there is a lot of noise in data. And individual points do NOT provide you significant insight.

I wish you all knew more about this stuff. At the very least you'd see how uninformed you sound when you post.

The climate in the Pacific Northwest has been dominated by the subduction of the Farallones plate

Technically speaking you are probably meaning the Juan De Fuca plate. But the "climate" would only be "dominated" by that if you are thinking in terms of the impact the Cascades and the Coast Range have on precipitation patterns. In point of fact much of the weather of the PNW (like the snow earlier this week in Western Oregon) is driven by the Pacific Ocean.

Also of critical importance is latitude ... roughly 40ºN to 50ºN ... right in the middle of the Westerlies ... and the creation of the rain shadow effect

The "rainshadow" would be more related to the far-side of the Cascades in the high desert.

The relative "warmth" of the Willamette valley is much more a function of the PNW being on the west side of a continental landmass and being affected by Pacific currents which pump more warm water up into the area.

... although I don't believe the Pacific Northwest existed back then

It was accreting exotic terranes and Oregon's first "coast" was forming at that time.

... we'll need an expert in geology to explain how and when these lands were created ... we can use the Yellowstone Hotspot calderas to measure and date all this ...

Oregon is a mixture of both in-place volcanics (Columbia Basalt Plateau), accreted terrain (eg the Siletz Terraine in the Coast Range) and glacial till/flood deposits (The WIllamette Valley)

So dating it is a bit more complex than simply tracing the hotspot that is currently under Yellowstone.

Technically speaking you are probably meaning the Juan De Fuca plate. But the "climate" would only be "dominated" by that if you are thinking in terms of the impact the Cascades and the Coast Range have on precipitation patterns. In point of fact much of the weather of the PNW (like the snow earlier this week in Western Oregon) is driven by the Pacific Ocean.

The "rainshadow" would be more related to the far-side of the Cascades in the high desert.

The relative "warmth" of the Willamette valley is much more a function of the PNW being on the west side of a continental landmass and being affected by Pacific currents which pump more warm water up into the area.

It was accreting exotic terranes and Oregon's first "coast" was forming at that time.

Oregon is a mixture of both in-place volcanics (Columbia Basalt Plateau), accreted terrain (eg the Siletz Terraine in the Coast Range) and glacial till/flood deposits (The WIllamette Valley)

So dating it is a bit more complex than simply tracing the hotspot that is currently under Yellowstone.
If you think mountain ranges don’t impact climate you’re fked in the head!

If you think mountain ranges don’t impact climate you’re fked in the head!

Again, NOT what I said. The mountain ranges most assuredly do. But to say that our climate here is DOMINATED by them is to miss the EXTREMELY LARGE impact of the Pacific Ocean.

This week the Willamette Valley had SNOW AND HAIL. Middle April.

That isn't due to the Cascades.

That was due to a weather front from the PACIFIC.

The Pacific is where much of the moisture that is pumped into the area comes from, the Pacific currents are largely what help maintain a moderating the temperature (that place is very far north but isn't overwhelmed by snow, in part because of the moderating effect of warm Pacific water pumping heat from lower latitudes.)

Again, NOT what I said. The mountain ranges most assuredly do. But to say that our climate here is DOMINATED by them is to miss the EXTREMELY LARGE impact of the Pacific Ocean.

The Pacific is where much of the moisture that is pumped into the area comes from, the Pacific currents are largely what help maintain a moderating the temperature (that place is very far north but isn't overwhelmed by snow, in part because of the moderating effect of warm Pacific water pumping heat from lower latitudes.)
But that climate is dominated by them.

down drafts.

Doesn’t make you right

Do you know where the Pacific Northwest is? Do you have a globe handy? Wanna look just a little to the left of the Pacific Northwest there?

What do you see?

(Hint: it's blue. VERY BIG and very blue. Do you know what that means?)

Or maybe he has a "life". You know? That thing where trolls don't have as much fun?

58 years is actually quite fine for entire data sets. But for one individual data POINT it isn't.

I wish I could explain how statistics and large-scale concepts like AGW work to you folks but I apparently can't.

Any SINGLE TEMPERATURE station is NOT going to show you AGW. In the real world of science there is a lot of noise in data. And individual points do NOT provide you significant insight.

I wish you all knew more about this stuff. At the very least you'd see how uninformed you sound when you post.

Now you make a dishonest claim since I was focusing on Climate Change while you sneak in the AGW stuff,

you wrote:

"Any SINGLE TEMPERATURE station is NOT going to show you AGW. In the real world of science there is a lot of noise in data. And individual points do NOT provide you significant insight.

Which was a reply to what I wrote:

"Went over some of it with him, he doesn't think 58 years long enough when I told him the climate in my region is the same as it was in 1964 when I moved there, he disputes it with babbling nonsense since the entire Northwest climate is the same since 1964 too."

I didn't say a word about AGW in that paragraph thus you LIED again since I was talking about Climate change only you idiot!

===

Again you post nothing that contradicts my statement about no climate change in the region and the state I live in which contradicts the climate change mantra you warmist/alarmists prate everyday because you are a LIAR and actively supports that lie.

58 years is from 1964 I have personally lived through already told you that it goes back to the 1930's which now makes it about 90 years when I used to have the data for the region and there was no change that far back too which means ANNUAL temperature data sets show NO change in the climate for the region thus your single data point argument is stupid.

You have yet to show real climate change in the Northwest or America in general.

Last edited:

No, it was the powerful UPPER Low pulling artic air from the North as shown by Dr. Mass who lives in the Northwest that caused the rare snowfall to be possible

From Dr. Mass website,

Why all the cold and snow? A very persistent trough of low pressure aloft above our region, something illustrated by the anomaly map (difference from normal) of upper-level heights (like pressure). The purple indicates much lower pressure than normal aloft.

You are incorrect once again.

Again you post nothing that contradicts my statement about no climate change in the region and the state I live in which contradicts the climate change mantra you warmist/alarmists prate everyday because you are a LIAR and actively supports that lie.

You have clearly never even bothered to read any of the basics of AGW science.

58 years is from 1964 I have personally lived through

THAT'S CALLED ANECDOTAL DATA.

Again, temperature data is averaged across larger areas than just one point.

No, it was the powerful UPPER Low pulling artic air from the North as shown by Dr. Mass who lives in the Northwest that caused the rare snowfall to be possible

From Dr. Mass website,

Why all the cold and snow? A very persistent trough of low pressure aloft above our region, something illustrated by the anomaly map (difference from normal) of upper-level heights (like pressure). The purple indicates much lower pressure than normal aloft.

You are incorrect once again.

Ummm....do you see the black outline of the USA there on the map? Do you see where the LOW is at?

IT'S IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN.

The Cascades didn't cause the low.

You have clearly never even bothered to read any of the basics of AGW science.

THAT'S CALLED ANECDOTAL DATA.

Again, temperature data is averaged across larger areas than just one point.

You are full of shit since you have yet to show that me and ReinyDays who actually live in the region are wrong in saying there has been ZERO climate change in the northwest for many decades and actually for several centuries since the set up now was the same then since the Cascades is a Million years old.

There has been no climate change in my region for centuries that is a fact!

I haven't said anything about AGW at all it has been about Climate Change man you are one dishonest warmist/alarmist GOOK!

You are full of shit since you have yet to show that me and ReinyDays who actually live in the region are wrong in saying there has been ZERO climate change in the northwest for many decades and actually for several centuries since the set up now was the same then since the Cascades is a Million years old.

What part of PNW geography and geology did I get wrong? (Or do you not know enough about the area to assess that?)

There has been no climate change in my region for centuries that is a fact!

ORLY? You might want to look at this map:

3017_gistemp_1979-2019_768px.jpg

I will assume with your vast knowledge of the PNW that you can find where the PNW is and then you can see the yellow color. Then look down at the little bar across the bottom. Ooopsy! The temp there has increased by a bit. Hmmmmm.....

But then you probably think NASA are part of the Illuminati.

I haven't said anything about AGW at all it has been about Climate Change man you are one dishonest warmist/alarmist GOOK!

AGW is climate change.

(Also: ease up on the racist epithets. I know you are trying to use it generally but it is still a grossly offensive racist comment and I assume that you aren't just a kluxer)

Ummm....do you see the black outline of the USA there on the map? Do you see where the LOW is at?

IT'S IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN.

The Cascades didn't cause the low.

I didn't say anything about the Cascades at all you liar!

This is what I wrote and posted:

"No, it was the powerful UPPER Low pulling artic air from the North as shown by Dr. Mass who lives in the Northwest that caused the rare snowfall to be possible"

"Why all the cold and snow? A very persistent trough of low pressure aloft above our region, something illustrated by the anomaly map (difference from normal) of upper-level heights (like pressure). The purple indicates much lower pressure than normal aloft."

Show me where I wrote the word Cascade in those two paragraph blocks?

You seem to have the delusion that 70F pacific water can give us 25F air temperature but then again you failed to read the critical words:

"A very persistent trough of low pressure aloft above our region"

I correctly told you that cold air came from the north as it was pulled in by the UPPER air low to mix in with some pacific moisture that is WHY they got a very late season snowfall.

Man, you are one dumb jackass!

What part of PNW geography and geology did I get wrong? (Or do you not know enough about the area to assess that?)

ORLY? You might want to look at this map:

3017_gistemp_1979-2019_768px.jpg

I will assume with your vast knowledge of the PNW that you can find where the PNW is and then you can see the yellow color. Then look down at the little bar across the bottom. Ooopsy! The temp there has increased by a bit. Hmmmmm.....

But then you probably think NASA are part of the Illuminati.

AGW is climate change.

(Also: ease up on the racist epithets. I know you are trying to use it generally but it is still a grossly offensive racist comment and I assume that you aren't just a kluxer)

You are so fucked up on what the word Climate change means since it hasn't changed in my region for centuries it is still the same hot and dry Summers to a cold but mainly low precipitation winter and the region is still a steppe high desert that has been for centuries as well.

Your map covers a 30 year period but you dispute my 58 years and longer no climate change argument for the NW, you are one stupid warmist.

A small temperature change up and down doesn't change the climate since temperature and precipitation varies over time but stays in a boundary between the high end to the low end which is elementary knowledge for real scientists who knows they vary some every single year.

I had a June in 1970 that was over 100 degrees F for 21 consecutive days while it never reached 100 degrees a single time in 1980 yet the climate is still the same hot and dry summer. I have always had.

Well that was the topic you chose to interject yourself into.

Another lie since I never talked about the Cascades at all but about Climate Change over and over.

You should stop being a liar and stop being dishonest in your replies.

Now you showed how messed up you are about this as PV dishonest boy writes:

"AGW is climate change."

:muahaha:

No, it is about additional CO2 effecting the planetary heat budget (warm forcing) and the postulated never seen "Hot spot" and large never seen Positive Feedback loop.

AGW adds very little additional warm forcing which is why the change in temperature is small and why it is well accepted that natural warming is still existing.

Since 1979 it is known that the periodic El-Nino that generated the big warming temperature spikes and then flat to a cooling trend in between the El-Nino phases it is OBVIOUS which means CO2 has little left to add on and there has been No warming since 2016....

1650046273016.png

LINK

This clearly shows that it is the SUN/Ocean Dynamo driving the weather and temperature spikes which is NATURAL warming events.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back