CDZ My suggestion for reducing illegal immigration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I don't know why we didn't think of this before. It's so simple. Get them at the border and go ahead and let them in. But only after they have been forced to have a tubal ligation or vasectomy. Welcome aboard!

I don't know why we didn't think of this before. It's so simple. Get them at the border and go ahead and let them in. But only after they have been forced to have a tubal ligation or vasectomy. Welcome aboard!

Not cost effective. Let them do it themselves, THEN cross.

I would definitely trade any of you worthless, ignorant crybabies for any of them, straight up.

You could put the people that hire "undocumented" workers in jail. Then there would be little incentive for the illegals to come in.

Heck, deport or execute enough businessmen who subvert the U.S.A. by hiring illegals and we'd have more room to import good honest future Americans.

• Banned
I would definitely trade any of you worthless, ignorant crybabies for any of them, straight up.
We already know....

You could put the people that hire "undocumented" workers in jail.
But these are ensconced parts of our economy. These people won't suddenly pay more for their employees. They will just leave their respective markets and do other things. Prices of some essential goods and services would spike, and there would be shortages. While it may be good for labor when the demand for some goods rises, it is generally not good for most Americans when basic, essential goods and services become more expensive.

In short, this measure would cause economic pain for many Americans, and not just lower earners . Spending more on basic goods and services affects America's consumer base, who will then spend less on houses, cars, vacations, investment, etc

You could put the people that hire "undocumented" workers in jail.
But these are ensconced parts of our economy. These people won't suddenly pay more for their employees. They will just leave their respective markets and do other things. Prices of some essential goods and services would spike, and there would be shortages. While it may be good for labor when the demand for some goods rises, it is generally not good for most Americans when basic, essential goods and services become more expensive.

In short, this measure would cause economic pain for many Americans, and not just lower earners . Spending more on basic goods and services affects America's consumer base, who will then spend less on houses, cars, vacations, investment, etc

I think you've hit a logic circle.

Now you are arguing that illegal employees are necessary for the economy.

Have a bit of faith in capitalism.

If you take away the ability to hire cheaper workers from Tyson chicken then they will just pay Americans and the price of frozen chicken will go up $.50 a bag. We'll buy more fish, they'll figure out how to get more efficient, the CEO will get a pay cut (nevermind, that's fantasy). We'll buy a beer less this weekend or own our Hyunadi a few months longer before buying another and shipping more of our money to Korea.

After you eliminate the companies hiring illegals we can revisit minimum wage laws. My idea is based on efficiency. To be over stereotypical, for every 10 illegals there is only 1 lawn care business hiring them or for every 500 one Tyson Chicken CEO. So instead of housing 500 people in jail we just jail 1 easy to find soft CEO.

Wrong. I am saying they are ensconced in this particular economy, which is a fact. I am not arguing that we would not have an economy without them..

This is why this country is just so messed up right now. Not a single word of what I said contains any value judgments of illegal immigration whatsoever. It was simply a statement of facts, those being relevant facts that must be considered in any honest discussion of immigration reform.

But people are so entrenched and emotionally vested that we can't even agree on the baseline facts. Thus, no honest discussion can be had.

Last edited:
Wrong. I am saying they are ensconced in this particular economy, which is a fact. I am not arguing that we would not have an economy without them..

This is why this country is just so fucked right now. Not a single word of what I said contains any value judgments of illegal immigration whatsoever. It was simply a statement of facts, those being relevant facts that must be considered in any honest discussion of immigration reform.

But people are so entrenched and emotionally vested that we can't even agree on the baseline facts. Thus, no honest discussion can be had.

my apologies for the choices of words.

I'm not sure where our opinions diverge then. Putting even the whole board or HR & Payroll VP's of "hypothetical illegal hiring company" in jail probably won't shut down the company so I don't see there being much of a disturbance and you don't think its necessary for our economy to have illegal workers...

This is why this country is just so fucked right now. Not a single word of what I said contains any value judgments of illegal immigration whatsoever. It was simply a statement of facts, those being relevant facts that must be considered in any honest discussion of immigration reform.

my apologies for the choices of words.

I'm not sure where our opinions diverge then. Putting even the whole board or HR & Payroll VP's of "hypothetical illegal hiring company" in jail probably won't shut down the company so I don't see there being much of a disturbance and you don't think its necessary for our economy to have illegal workers...
I cannot say it is necessary to have illegal workers,but why would I? That's a red herring. The fact remains that we do rely on cheap, immigrant labor, and ending it abruptly would cause severe economic pain....uch of it to the very same demographic so ostensibly outraged by illegal immigration.

Just neuter them all at the border. No problemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back