My solution to the obesity crisis: competitive games every morning

There is no childhood obesity crisis in the first place. It's a myth.

No, there are way too many fat kids today, and it's because they do not get enough exercise.
Where are all these fat kids? I live in close proximity to 2 elementary schools, a Jr. high and a high school.

They walk down my street and take a shortcut through my yard all the time. I'm not seeing any more fat kids than there was 30 years ago. Probably less.

If you live in a decent middle class neighborhood or better, those kids are eating better and getting more exercise because the parents see to it. It's in the lower income areas where we see more kids turning out fat. But that isn't to say there aren't fat kids in your community, because I'm sure there are. Kids just do not get anywhere near the same amount of exercise we got as kids. Besides that, statistics do not lie.

It's not just kids that are fat. Take a good look at the adult population. It's because we've become sedentary due to a cushier lifestyle. It simply takes less effort to live these days. Things are so automated. We come home and sit down and veg out in front of a screen be it TV or computer. There we sit for hours on end, our rear end. Not good for good health. And we eat crap food.
Of course you speak for your individual self. The vast majority of people in the USA don't suffer from the same condition as you do.

We have the highest rate of fat asses ever in the US. Just go to the mall and you will see it. You must sit in your house and only watch television where everyone looks great.

I see fat people everywhere and Massachusetts is not even among the top fattest states. Hawaii has that honor, followed closely by Mississippi. I've heard before that the REAL obesity rates are even worse than what they report. I believe it too. I live nearby to some schools as well, and at least half of the girls are at least somewhat overweight, and that is being generous. A person shouldn't be overweight at ALL at that age. That is when you are in the prime physical condition of your life, as a teen. If you are beginning to have a weight problem as a teen, then it's not looking good. I was remembering when I was in school, and there were only a couple/few fat kids. Everyone else was normal sized.

No, there are way too many fat kids today, and it's because they do not get enough exercise.
Where are all these fat kids? I live in close proximity to 2 elementary schools, a Jr. high and a high school.

They walk down my street and take a shortcut through my yard all the time. I'm not seeing any more fat kids than there was 30 years ago. Probably less.

If you live in a decent middle class neighborhood or better, those kids are eating better and getting more exercise because the parents see to it. It's in the lower income areas where we see more kids turning out fat. But that isn't to say there aren't fat kids in your community, because I'm sure there are. Kids just do not get anywhere near the same amount of exercise we got as kids. Besides that, statistics do not lie.

It's not just kids that are fat. Take a good look at the adult population. It's because we've become sedentary due to a cushier lifestyle. It simply takes less effort to live these days. Things are so automated. We come home and sit down and veg out in front of a screen be it TV or computer. There we sit for hours on end, our rear end. Not good for good health. And we eat crap food.
Of course you speak for your individual self. The vast majority of people in the USA don't suffer from the same condition as you do.

We have the highest rate of fat asses ever in the US. Just go to the mall and you will see it. You must sit in your house and only watch television where everyone looks great.
Got any evidence? Or are you just mindlessly repeating what the TV told you over and over and over again until you believed it?

Got any evidence? Or are you just mindlessly repeating what the TV told you over and over and over again until you believed it?

What is that you are arguing about? What more evidence do you need other than to look around and see the morbidly obese people everywhere you go!

Adult Obesity Facts | Data | Adult | Obesity | DNPAO | CDC

Obesity is common, serious and costly
  • More than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese. [Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
  • Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelines]
  • The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. [Read summary]

Oops, my mistake earlier. Hawaii is apparently one of the LOWEST obesity states. Sorry Hawaii.

Weight of the union: Obesity by state - CNN.com

Obesity rates have been steadily rising since the 1990s. In 2013, Mississippi and West Virginia were the first two states to ever report more than 35% of their adult population as obese.

Related: U.S. kids outweigh Canadian kids, says study

"We're seeing some regional differences and that provides us a chance to ... see what's going on at the state level, and do some comparisons there," said Jeff Levi, executive director of the Trust for America's Health, a nonprofit organization devoted to modernizing the public health system.

According to the CDC, more than a third of U.S. adults are obese and around 17% of children are obese. The study puts the obesity rate for African-American adults at 47.8%, Latino adults at 42.5% and white adults at 32.6%.

• More than one-third (34.9% or 78.6 million) of U.S. adults are obese. [Read abstract Journal of American Medicine (JAMA)]
  • Obesity-related conditions include heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer, some of the leading causes of preventable death. [Read guidelines]
  • The estimated annual medical cost of obesity in the U.S. was $147 billion in 2008 U.S. dollars; the medical costs for people who are obese were $1,429 higher than those of normal weight. [Read summary]
Those are myths with no basis in scientific fact.

BMI does not measure adipose tissue. Anyone who is too fucking stupid to comprehend that fact is an idiot.

Another solution might be outlawing food forumlations to do in the brain the same thing heroin does as with stimulating the reward center like a narcotic. Food is specificly formulated to do this. I know because Fox News talked about it. ;)

What is that you are arguing about? What more evidence do you need other than to look around and see the morbidly obese people everywhere you go!
I do look around. And yes I see a few fat people here and there, but to say that 1/3rd of people are obese is absolutely absurd.

BMI does not measure adipose tissue. Anyone who is too fucking stupid to comprehend that fact is an idiot.

Go outside! There are fat people everywhere! :rolleyes-41:

I do look around. And yes I see a few fat people here and there, but to say that 1/3rd of people are obese is absolutely absurd.

What is your angle? Why are you in denial about how fat people in our country are?

What is your angle? Why are you in denial about how fat people in our country are?
I think it's a scam to steal money.

Why the hell else would they be blatantly lying?

Well, I definitely see a LOT more fat and a lot more FATTER people than I ever used to see. They are all over the place. It's not hard to believe at all.

There are even overweight and fat cheerleaders nowadays. I see fat kids playing sports. I think to myself, "how can they play sports and still be so fat?" That's just the kids! It's much worse among the adults. Geesh. Muhammed must be blind.

No point arguing with you. I'm sure you don't believe that temperatures are rising either. What is amazing is that you don't need any more proof than to go to your local mall shopping or Walmart to see all the fat asses out there. I'm done with this because there is no point arguing with someone who is obviously brain dead.

Well, I definitely see a LOT more fat and a lot more FATTER people than I ever used to see. They are all over the place. It's not hard to believe at all.
Are one third of the people you see obese?

At least. In fact, MOST of the people I see are at least SOMEWHAT overweight!

BTW, that 1/3 is only counting morbidly obese people. That doesn't even include the people who are "overweight" and well on their way to becoming obese!

BTW, that 1/3 is only counting morbidly obese people. That doesn't even include the people who are "overweight" and well on their way to becoming obese!
Are one third of the people you see day to day obese?

I seriously doubt it.

Forum List

Back