My Paintings

Very nice.
Wish I could still paint. Alas...no can do. Maybe they will be worth something some day, lol.

$funky piano  029.JPGMy Funky Piano...

Lovely! Thank you for sharing these.

Do you sell your work ?
I do sell commissions and in a couple of galleries, but I am a hobbiest in that I paint 1-2 paintings a month...I honestly don't paint to sell, I like my freedom.

A sketch of my significant other's grandson in my messy office!$andrew3 00JPG.JPG

Key West, Florida 36X36

Attachments

• $key west 001.JPG
    $key west 001.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Key West, Florida 36X36

If I may offer a bit of constructive criticism. There is a problem with perspective. I have the same problem so I sympathize. The fence is correctly getting smaller as it goes into the distance, but it appears to levitate as it goes. The shorter the fence posts the higher it is off the ground. It might be a problem with the angle making it look like the fence is going up instead of going further away. The fence isn't grounded at all giving the appearance of floating just above the surface.

Also, you have a shadow cast by the big tree indicating a light source coming from the right. But, it's the only shadow in the whole picture. The trees on the left, the car and even the fence would also be casting shadows to the left.

I only recognize these because I've made the same mistakes myself.

I made the same mistake here. The shadows cast by the plants over the walk way are correct, but I should have had a shadow cast by the boat too and completely missed it. The picture has already been sold so I can't fix it now and recognized the error too late.

Key West, Florida 36X36

If I may offer a bit of constructive criticism. There is a problem with perspective. I have the same problem so I sympathize. The fence is correctly getting smaller as it goes into the distance, but it appears to levitate as it goes. The shorter the fence posts the higher it is off the ground. It might be a problem with the angle making it look like the fence is going up instead of going further away. The fence isn't grounded at all giving the appearance of floating just above the surface.

Also, you have a shadow cast by the big tree indicating a light source coming from the right. But, it's the only shadow in the whole picture. The trees on the left, the car and even the fence would also be casting shadows to the left.

I only recognize these because I've made the same mistakes myself.

I made the same mistake here. The shadows cast by the plants over the walk way are correct, but I should have had a shadow cast by the boat too and completely missed it. The picture has already been sold so I can't fix it now and recognized the error too late.

Appreciate, However Snow Fences used on a beach , do not touch the ground and are usually 4" off the ground and the wind makes it flop back and forth.

Last edited:
Nice work Pbel. I do watercolor myself and have a few nice ones. Maybe I'll have to post pictures of them.

Forum List

Back