Take a Look At What Passes for "Art" in 2024 USA

Not that I have any interest in being a sole arbiter, but Why ?

Are you saying that junk like stuff by Jackson Pollock's "art" is actually art? If so, you are just another sucker in th art world, and you should learn to distinguish between real art and scam art.

View attachment 905206

So-called art "experts" call this abstract expressionism. :rolleyes:

There is one word that comes to mind regarding what this expresses.
The word is NOTHING.

Why? Seriously? Because what constitutes art is purely subjective, it is the individual who determines whether or not something is art.

Pollack is not to my liking, but neither is Bert Emanual. I do not consider one more valid than the other, I will not say neither of them are art. They're simply not to my liking.

Why? Seriously? Because what constitutes art is purely subjective, it is the individual who determines whether or not something is art.

Pollack is not to my liking, but neither is Bert Emanual. I do not consider one more valid than the other, I will not say neither of them are art. They're simply not to my liking.
To each his own. :biggrin: I haven't been looking for 100% acceptance. I'll settle for the 90% I have.

Regarding art being objective or subjective, that is quite true, but just within the context of pieces that are REAL art. Some pieces are outside that context, and are just simply scam junk. People should discern the difference. When they say that ALL art is subjective, that lends legitimacy to the scammers, and that is harmful to everyone.

Suppose an artist, paid $84,000 in advance, gave a gallery a BLANK canvas, and entitled it "Take the Money and Run" - should we call this art ? Subjective ? The museum didnt think so, and is asking for its money back.

1708469349608.png

That Danish Museum that blew $84,000 and got stuck wth a blank canvas, should have paid their *84K for these >>>

Buddies by Bert Emanuel

Twilight San Francisco by Bert Emanuel
1708473626365.jpeg

Attachments

• 1708469698149.jpeg
    1708469698149.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
For about twenty years, I continued to collect images of crap some called "art."
Then Google deleted all fifty of my websites after I criticized Hunter Biden for
his pedophilia.
So I attempted to rebuild it:

My original URL was the same without hyphens.
If you click on the original, Google tells you it has been removed.

Much of what passes for "art" today is actually artifice, in other words a fraud, a fake.
I explain this in my website, and an art professor has a wonderful video differentiating art from artifice.

Very poor analysis. Frank Zappa seems to be unaware of a treasure trove of American culture, especially in music. Blues, Bluegrass, Jazz, Rock n Roll, and tons of great songs from American songwriters like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Chuck Berry, etc/

Poets like Walt Whitman, Emily Dickinson, Carl Sandburg, Robert Frost, etc.

Thousands of excellent artists, nobody ever heard of.
See FineArtAmerica.com or Artpal.com

Last edited:
The wealthiest classes of the wealthiest nations have so much money sloshing around in their pockets that they can throw thousands or millions of dollars at random objects that might be art.

The wealthiest classes of the wealthiest nations have so much money sloshing around in their pockets that they can throw thousands or millions of dollars at random objects that might be art.
True. They give art a bad name.

Who has 95% plus control of the Galleries ?

Yes , even Art has been lumped within Entertainment and is part of the same Psy Op that covers Films and the Music Industry .
Other mediums are also available for the same reason .

Think it through .

This is what a supposedly dignified art museum currently displays on its walls, Video is from 11 days ago (February 8, 2024). >>
Sad that we have sunk this low.

But not all is lost. They are still artists producing the REAL thing. They may not have paintings in big city art museums, but they are here, and their paintings are viewable on line.
Here's an example >> Bert Emanuel
View attachment 904708

View attachment 904709

aggabzbzbnznznz.jpeg

This is what a supposedly dignified art museum currently displays on its walls, Video is from 11 days ago (February 8, 2024). >>
Sad that we have sunk this low.

But not all is lost. They are still artists producing the REAL thing. They may not have paintings in big city art museums, but they are here, and their paintings are viewable on line.
Here's an example >> Bert Emanuel
View attachment 904708

View attachment 904709

$225 000 for Hunter Biden's

1713692095770.png

Forum List

Back