My Paintings

36X36 $main st..jpg

Becki: do you know where this place is?

Last edited:
That wouldn't be Roatan, as you leave the ship and enter the town would it?

You would be correct! Main St. Coxen Hole, Roatan...What impressed me was the Coca Cola sign and the reach of American products...

Coca Cola is kind of everywhere, come to think of it. That's a really nice painting, by the way, pbel. Kudos and keep up the wonderful work.

The lesson produced something that looks so real. There's a lake behind the house here, and it was misty 3 times last week in these odd days between fall and winter. I was wondering how one would make it look real on canvas. You did that, Pbel. :)

Professional level,how long have you learned the skill? i admire you too much

Started late in life part time hobby for 14-16 years...However I was and still am a Collector...

Last edited:
$sargent 004.JPGThe only way to attain realism and everything else, is to study the old master's portraits, everything else comes easy.

Last edited:
That's beautiful, pbel. Reminds me of a few 14th Century quilts shown at the museum in Ponce, Puerto Rico a few years back. That museum's interior was the surprise of a lifetime for me. I was totally enthralled at the works there for over 4 hours. Whoa.

Your study of Velazquez is very good. Very good.

Oh, glad I found this thread again. Seems to have been lost to me for a few days.

$sinatra poster65.jpg

The unbelievable portrait artist, Clement Micarelli with whom I studied...

$summer and winter 006.JPGSummer Sun

Thinking of
Summer's colors
And the warmth

They bring to me,

The sea is glistening
The tides running
In running out

Covering and exposing
Treasures un-seen
And un-touched,

By human hands,

All just for me
To paint a picture
And try catch the

Summer Sun…

soon the Tulips will be breaking ground...

$blue tulip post.JPG

Forum List

Back