My opinion on why DeSantis hasn't announced.

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
I could be completely wrong about this. It's just a thought, so don't ream me over it.

The law that says a FL state politician, including the governor, has to resign before he can enter the race for another seat. In DeSantis's case, the POTUS. The FL legislative session just ended without any word of the rules change. They've changed it before to allow other governors to run for federal office. But so far, there's been no word of them doing it for DeSantis.

Why? I'm starting to believe that it's because too many GOP legislators are supporting Trump and just aren't going to support the rules change.

I could be completely wrong about this. It's just a thought, so don't ream me over it.

The law that says a FL state politician, including the governor, has to resign before he can enter the race for another seat. In DeSantis's case, the POTUS. The FL legislative session just ended without any word of the rules change. They've changed it before to allow other governors to run for federal office. But so far, there's been no word of them doing it for DeSantis.

Why? I'm starting to believe that it's because too many GOP legislators are supporting Trump and just aren't going to support the rules change.

I assume DeSantis is waiting for more court rulings against Trump.
Probably. He realized he screwed up early by piling on Trump as others did, his donors told him "let the stuff come out, you stay neutral, then jump in and say that you disagreed with some of the actions against him", thus trying to maintain Trump voters. In the end it won't work anyways.

The bad news for DeSantis is that Trump becomes stronger the more Democrats take him to court.

Forum List

Back