My neighbour broke the lockdown directive today.

The British troll trolling this thread is lucky he doesn’t live in the US if his asshole persona isn’t just an act to elicit a response.

Do you have to personally collect protection money?

If you got an iPhone with a card scanner, that would be ideal. Then they could pay you and look the other way. With the ones not willing to pay, you watch and turn them in early and often until they pay.

Breaking - I have been asked if I can help the war on covid even more. An old friend who is a prominent member of the local Covid Compliance Committee called me this week with an interesting proposition.

I would be required to monitor activity on my street from Top House down to the pub on the corner. In addition to this I would act as a mentor to residents who have already fallen foul of the new guidelines. (I think we all know who I am referring to)

There would be no uniform involved and I would not have statutory powers. I would be provided with a whistle and an armband to signify my status in the community.

I would work as a support to local law enforcement and call them when necessary. It would be an unpaid role, I would be doing it as a service to my local community.

It quite appeals to me. A chance to make a real contribution to the greater good. Some training would be given but the main requirement is an overflowing sense of community spirit.

The only thing I am a bit sniffy about is having to use my own phone to take videos of delinquent behaviour. I should get an Iphone for that.
Now you're something like a bobby Tommy (a bobby with no uniform) :)

Breaking - I have been asked if I can help the war on covid even more. An old friend who is a prominent member of the local Covid Compliance Committee called me this week with an interesting proposition.

I would be required to monitor activity on my street from Top House down to the pub on the corner. In addition to this I would act as a mentor to residents who have already fallen foul of the new guidelines. (I think we all know who I am referring to)

There would be no uniform involved and I would not have statutory powers. I would be provided with a whistle and an armband to signify my status in the community.

I would work as a support to local law enforcement and call them when necessary. It would be an unpaid role, I would be doing it as a service to my local community.

It quite appeals to me. A chance to make a real contribution to the greater good. Some training would be given but the main requirement is an overflowing sense of community spirit.

The only thing I am a bit sniffy about is having to use my own phone to take videos of delinquent behaviour. I should get an Iphone for that.
Now you're something like a bobby Tommy (a bobby with no uniform) :)
I will have an armband. Dissenters will tremble before my authority.

The rules are very clear on this. She was non-compliant for having people around who were non resident and they were non-compliant by making a journey that was not essential. They were all non-compliant by being seated within 6 foot of each other.

As you can see there was a LOT of non compliance going on.

This presented me with a dilemma. On the one hand she is generally a good neighbour who is quiet, keeps her lawn neat and takes in our parcels when we are out. But on the other hand she is breaking the law and putting everyone at risk.

So I got on the lockdown hotline and spoke to a member of the compliance squad. They are very well organised, probably because they are part of one of the governments death squad groups.

Half an hour later and there was a van outside and 4 officers taking names and "kicking ass" as you would say. Nobody was arrested but tickets were issued and £1k fines will follow in due course. A high price for a quiet afternoon in the garden.

I am not one to blow my own trumpet but I like to think that my prompt actions have helped to stop the spread of the virus. I might even have saved their lives.

I doubt that I will get any thanks though.
You commies just have no sense of real...you did a very bad and disgraceful thing tommy, and spare me the typical commie "so saving someones life is now a bad thing?" routine...this is the very thing communism brings to the table, neighbors policing and ratting on one another for not strictly adhering to government edict.

The rules are very clear on this. She was non-compliant for having people around who were non resident and they were non-compliant by making a journey that was not essential. They were all non-compliant by being seated within 6 foot of each other.

This presented me with a dilemma. On the one hand she is generally a good neighbour who is quiet, keeps her lawn neat and takes in our parcels when we are out. But on the other hand she is breaking the law and putting everyone at risk.

So I got on the lockdown hotline and spoke to a member of the compliance squad. They are very well organised, probably because they are part of one of the governments death squad groups.

Half an hour later and there was a van outside and 4 officers taking names and "kicking ass" as you would say. Nobody was arrested but tickets were issued and £1k fines will follow in due course. A high price for a quiet afternoon in the garden.

I am not one to blow my own trumpet but I like to think that my prompt actions have helped to stop the spread of the virus. I might even have saved their lives.

You commies just have no sense of real...you did a very bad and disgraceful thing tommy, and spare me the typical commie "so saving someones life is now a bad thing?" routine...this is the very thing communism brings to the table, neighbors policing and ratting on one another for not strictly adhering to government edict.
When we have beaten this virus I will get a campaign medal.

When we have beaten this virus I will get a campaign medal.
That's typical of communism..."the order of the red banner" of some such nonsense I suppose
I would like to think that those of us who marched the hard yards will get something a bit more substantial than Doctors and nurses who are basically just doing their jobs.

UPDATE -
I went around to speak to my neighbour last night. She seemed in good spirits generally despite her recent brush with the law. Obviously I kept an approved distance between us by standing in the doorway and wearing a face mask.

Whilst standing there I noticed that she had a knife rack attached to the wall near the prep table. I recognised the type, it was Japanese and the set contains at least 2 knives that require a permit to own.

At this point I do not have the time to personally check the permit registry at the local Police Station. But I am confident that this irresponsible woman will not have registered these weapons with the appropriate authorities.

She is required to do so by order of the Sharp knives statute of 2016. Breaking the order can lead to a term of imprisonment of up to 10 years.

Once again I have had no option but to report this wretched woman to the appropriate authorities. I do not think that she will face the full force of the state but a hefty fine is surely coming her way. This assumes that this is a first offence.

I think the lesson here is that we should never miss an opportunity to help our community in the fight to keep us safe.

On that note I will spend this afternoon checking that all car tyres in the street have an appropriate amount of tread on them. Wish me well.

She had 3 friends around for a garden party and the rules state quite clearly that you should not have visitors and you should only travel if essential.

Did you tell your neighbor what you did to "save her life", Tommy? Or did you call that in and hide in your house while they came and ticketed her and her friends? Be a stand up guy for once in your life and take credit for what you did! Don't be surprised by her reaction though...you're the kind of neighbor that nobody wants to have!

She had 3 friends around for a garden party and the rules state quite clearly that you should not have visitors and you should only travel if essential.

Did you tell your neighbor what you did to "save her life", Tommy? Or did you call that in and hide in your house while they came and ticketed her and her friends? Be a stand up guy for once in your life and take credit for what you did! Don't be surprised by her reaction though...you're the kind of neighbor that nobody wants to have!

Don't bother. It's all bullshit.

Up here in the TX panhandle, Moore county has had a HUGE spike in cases, and now it's mandatory for anyone over the age of 5 to be wearing a mask if they are in public. The only exception is those people who are working out and practicing social distancing. If you are caught without a mask in public, it will result in a misdemeanor and a fine. That order goes into effect 48 hours from now (to give people time to get masks), and will remain in effect until May 2.

Forum List

Back