My local supermarket is already high as hell and now after paying for the food, the cashier asked

My fine figure is attributed to a diet of coffee, medication, bread and pasta

I have no problem giving because the most my grocery store ever asks for is a $1.00 donation for a local charity.

But for you that is a lot of money. Because a dollar will buy a pint of Mad Dog 20/20 :alcoholic:
ce to donate even a penny. ..... :cool:
he prolly drinks Night Train or Boones Farm

Charging for plastic bags encourages people to use one of these;

Green-Bag.jpg

They're convenient, carry a lot of groceries without danger of bursting and you ending up with a smashed bottle of expensive pickles, they're environmentally friendly, last a long time and the stores around here charge a buck or two for them. Think about it.

If they were convenient, then there would be no need for a law to force people to use them.

Green-Bag.jpg

They're convenient, carry a lot of groceries without danger of bursting and you ending up with a smashed bottle of expensive pickles, they're environmentally friendly, last a long time and the stores around here charge a buck or two for them. Think about it.

If they were convenient, then there would be no need for a law to force people to use them.

Yeah, you would think, but as they say "people are funny". Everybody's known for decades seatbelts save lives yet a large percentage of us still resist using them. I find the re-usables convenient, you keep a couple under your seat, they're there when you need them. Good solid handles, they carry more that the plastic bags so you don't have armfulls of bags to juggle trying to find your keys, and they're not just great for groceries, when I used to drink they carry heavy bottles of booze or wine a lot safer. I've lost more that one bottle of rye through a ripped paper bag. And some of that convenience may be subjective, the feeling of contributing to keeping all that plastic out of the environment helps.

DO they charge you for grocery bags ? California does.

That law has been put on some kind of “hold” for the time being, pending some sort of litigation against it.

In the mean time, Sacramento has enacted a similar law; now all grocery stores within the Sacramento city limits are required to charge 10¢ per bag, but those outside of city limits still give out disposable bags for free. I've made a point, as much as practical, of doing as much of my shopping as I can outside of city limits. Aside from the convenience issue, I figure that if the stores affected by this idiotic law start losing business to those not affected by it, perhaps they'll do something to influence the city into repealing this law, and the state into giving up on it.

Green-Bag.jpg

And bacteria grows in them very nicely, so you always have friends!

There are legitimate knocks against some of the re-usables but that one shouldn't worry you, pick one that's launderable. You do wash your underwear don't you?

Under....wear....?

You phrase that like you don't know what I'm talking about. Do you need a definition?
If you're confused I think I'm confused more, help me help you.

"would you like to DONATE" I cut her off in mid sentence especially since it's hard to buy food in this place because of the prices. Now the market wants me to give more of my money for a donation? I almost said F*CK NO

I need someone to donate money to me for my new move lol This market seems like it strives to put dents in my bank account

Maybe you should donate a dollar and see how quickly it come back to you...

Yeah, you would think, but as they say "people are funny". Everybody's known for decades seatbelts save lives yet a large percentage of us still resist using them. I find the re-usables convenient, you keep a couple under your seat, they're there when you need them. Good solid handles, they carry more that the plastic bags so you don't have armfulls of bags to juggle trying to find your keys, and they're not just great for groceries, when I used to drink they carry heavy bottles of booze or wine a lot safer. I've lost more that one bottle of rye through a ripped paper bag. And some of that convenience may be subjective, the feeling of contributing to keeping all that plastic out of the environment helps.

To me, it's significantly inconvenient. Due to the possibility that I may end up shopping within the no-bag zone, I now have to have my car cluttered up all the time with my supply of reusable bags, which most of the time are just gratuitously taking up space and making my car less orderly. I have to remember to take them into the store with me, and have them tying up my hands while I am trying to shop. And once I've got them home with my groceries, I have to empty them promptly, and put them back out in my car. I have to pay attention to their cleanliness, and launder them as needed.

And all this extra hassle and effort does nothing to help the environment. As it happens, “disposable” plastic bags don't get trashed as soon as they've fulfilled their primary use. I use them afterward for lining wastebaskets, for carrying out trash and cat litterbox scoopings and such. By the time they do make it to the trash, they are filled with other stuff that makes a much more significant impact on whatever landfill they end up in than the bags themselves do.

If it happens that I can no longer get these bags as a free bonus from my regular shopping, I'll just have to buy similar bags to fill the same purposes for which I use these, and they will end up, finally, in the landfills just the same. No difference in impact on the environment, just added hassle, inconvenience, and expense for me, for no gain in return.

To me, it's significantly inconvenient. Due to the possibility that I may end up shopping within the no-bag zone, I now have to have my car cluttered up all the time with my supply of reusable bags, which most of the time are just gratuitously taking up space and making my car less orderly. I have to remember to take them into the store with me, and have them tying up my hands while I am trying to shop. And once I've got them home with my groceries, I have to empty them promptly, and put them back out in my car. I have to pay attention to their cleanliness, and launder them as needed.

And all this extra hassle and effort does nothing to help the environment. As it happens, “disposable” plastic bags don't get trashed as soon as they've fulfilled their primary use. I use them afterward for lining wastebaskets, for carrying out trash and cat litterbox scoopings and such. By the time they do make it to the trash, they are filled with other stuff that makes a much more significant impact on whatever landfill they end up in than the bags themselves do.

If it happens that I can no longer get these bags as a free bonus from my regular shopping, I'll just have to buy similar bags to fill the same purposes for which I use these, and they will end up, finally, in the landfills just the same. No difference in impact on the environment, just added hassle, inconvenience, and expense for me, for no gain in return.

To each his own, I wasn't suggesting Satan was influencing your decision, just telling how I felt. I sometimes forget mine for some reason or another and always find a use for the plastic bags I end up with.

"would you like to DONATE" I cut her off in mid sentence especially since it's hard to buy food in this place because of the prices. Now the market wants me to give more of my money for a donation? I almost said F*CK NO

I need someone to donate money to me for my new move lol This market seems like it strives to put dents in my bank account
Broke ass scrub.

Broke ass scrub.
lolol

Fbj....Next time just give them $20. all on me then I will pay you back.
People that help others...... God will blessed you ten fold back. There are times that it doesn't work but most of the time some goodness will come out of it.

I have two questions:
1.Are you shopping at Whole Foods? If you are find another grocery store, Whole Foods is only for the rich.
2. Why are you a Mr. Grumpy pants all the time?

Do we honestly save those extra nickels? I almost say yes every time because of that.

Forum List

Back