My local supermarket is already high as hell and now after paying for the food, the cashier asked

"would you like to DONATE" I cut her off in mid sentence especially since it's hard to buy food in this place because of the prices. Now the market wants me to give more of my money for a donation? I almost said F*CK NO

I need someone to donate money to me for my new move lol This market seems like it strives to put dents in my bank account

Wouldn't a simple "No" have been better? Or maybe a "Not today, sorry" and then forget about it. Like a reasonable person would do. Everything is drama with you.

I did say NO but in a irritated way
You seem to have a pattern of angry behavior.

He is a fucking lunatic and a whiner.

"would you like to DONATE" I cut her off in mid sentence especially since it's hard to buy food in this place because of the prices. Now the market wants me to give more of my money for a donation? I almost said F*CK NO

I need someone to donate money to me for my new move lol This market seems like it strives to put dents in my bank account

How about "no, not today".
FU seems a bit extreme
Why are you so angry? They are just doing their job (what they are told to do) - they do not deserve verbal abuse.
Are you a narcissist?

They ask me all the time, I just smile and say "No, not today thank you" - just like the people that are always outside of the grocery store selling something... baked goods, girl scout cookies etc.

fbj - you need to surround yourself with positive people. People that see the joy and good things in life. Stop focusing on the negative.....

Would you complain if they took up a donation to pay your cable bill???

I doubt it, since you came on USMB begging for money when Comcast cut your cheap ass off for not paying your bill for 3 months...

Charging for plastic bags encourages people to use one of these;

Green-Bag.jpg

They're convenient, carry a lot of groceries without danger of bursting and you ending up with a smashed bottle of expensive pickles, they're environmentally friendly, last a long time and the stores around here charge a buck or two for them. Think about it.

If they were convenient, then there would be no need for a law to force people to use them.

Is a dollar really too much to ask though?

no, but when you shop a lot (like me) if you say yes to everyone it adds up!
I don't run into that very often. Only every once in a while there's one store asking. I give the dollar sometimes just to avoid the impression that I must be living in poverty because I can't even give a dollar

I always take my time grabbing my bags after checking out to try and see if the next person says no and they always do. People are fucking cheap bastards

DO they charge you for grocery bags ? California does.

That law has been put on some kind of “hold” for the time being, pending some sort of litigation against it.

In the mean time, Sacramento has enacted a similar law; now all grocery stores within the Sacramento city limits are required to charge 10¢ per bag, but those outside of city limits still give out disposable bags for free. I've made a point, as much as practical, of doing as much of my shopping as I can outside of city limits. Aside from the convenience issue, I figure that if the stores affected by this idiotic law start losing business to those not affected by it, perhaps they'll do something to influence the city into repealing this law, and the state into giving up on it.

Charging for plastic bags encourages people to use one of these;

Green-Bag.jpg

They're convenient, carry a lot of groceries without danger of bursting and you ending up with a smashed bottle of expensive pickles, they're environmentally friendly, last a long time and the stores around here charge a buck or two for them. Think about it.

And bacteria grows in them very nicely, so you always have friends!

There are legitimate knocks against some of the re-usables but that one shouldn't worry you, pick one that's launderable. You do wash your underwear don't you?

Under....wear....?

They flat out outlawed plastic bags here and make the stores charge 5 cents for paper. This after decades of telling us to use plastic and save the trees.

Any why are there often requests for breast cancer research but never for prostate cancer? Sexists!

I always take my time grabbing my bags after checking out to try and see if the next person says no and they always do. People are fucking cheap bastards

I think most people give. They do around here anyway.
Our charity giving is budgeted and planned out, but, occasionally I will give or even if I don't want a product a kid is selling, will give them a donation.....

The problem is the places they're usually asking are the places where poorer people shop. It's always at Kmart or something. Let me know when they're asking for $1 at nordstroms

The problem is the places they're usually asking are the places where poorer people shop. It's always at Kmart or something. Let me know when they're asking for $1 at nordstroms

Elitist!

No wonder you and G.T. get along. Gen X'ers! (or are you guys Millennials?) - I think you're both on the fringe......

Elitist!

No wonder you and G.T. get along. Gen X'ers! (or are you guys Millennials?) - I think you're both on the fringe......
Nah I'm saying they don't ask for money at the stores where the most people who can actually afford it shop at. I go to Kmart sometimes I'm not gonna lie. There's 2 in my area and they're WAYYYY better than Walmart.. Hardly any people there. That's where I usually get check out solicitations the most

Elitist!

Nah I'm saying they don't ask for money at the stores where the most people who can actually afford it shop at. I go to Kmart sometimes I'm not gonna lie. There's 2 in my area and they're WAYYYY better than Walmart.. Hardly any people there. That's where I usually get check out solicitations the most

I'm talking mostly grocery store shopping. I don't shop much at either (Walmart, KMart) - normally if we need something, we'll research the internet find what we want and either order it on line or go to the place if it's close by. I'm more concerned about brand/quality than where it is sold....

I'm kind of a hermit.
When I go out it's normally to the grocery store, a restaurant or a sports venue

My Walmarts are horrible. I avoid them. My kmarts aren't bad. I only go there for my multivitamin I take and a creatine supplement

Forum List

Back