my kinda mayor!

I think we've got it straight. You hear what ever you want to hear and mis-characterize anything else. We won't be chatting much in the future. Ask any of the other trolls, I don't waste my time with them either.

drat...

:lol:

so I read the entire article, nobody was bitten? nobody was hurt? nothing. The dogs were lying on a sidewalk.. and he shot them in the head with a nine mm rifle.. great.. lucky no one in the neightborhood was hit accidently.. sounds like a cut and dried case of animal cruelty to me.

so I read the entire article, nobody was bitten? nobody was hurt? nothing. The dogs were lying on a sidewalk.. and he shot them in the head with a nine mm rifle.. great.. lucky no one in the neightborhood was hit accidently.. sounds like a cut and dried case of animal cruelty to me.

Exactly.

"Call has said he pulled up in front of the house in his van and aimed his semiautomatic rifle out the window at the animals, using a nearby fence as a backstop. He said he fired “five or six” shots at both dogs, striking them in the head. He later disposed of the dogs’ bodies at property he owns."

Sounds like he tried to hide the evidence. He knew he was committing a crime. Later the guy whose dogs he wanted to kill said only one of the two dogs killed was his. And the dog killed that was his was a small mixed breed, not a German shepherd as was the type dog rumored to be chasing kids.

If this guy had killed my dog, he would have died a slow painful death at my hands.

Did the dogs chase kids or not? You honestly think it's okay to wait until a kid dies or is maimed?

Fuck that. If they chase, they die. And Anguille, you let your kid-chasing dogs out in my neighborhood, believe me, I'll be waiting for you.

Did the dogs chase kids or not? You honestly think it's okay to wait until a kid dies or is maimed?

Fuck that. If they chase, they die. And Anguille, you let your kid-chasing dogs out in my neighborhood, believe me, I'll be waiting for you.
The dogs were laying on the sidewalk asleep. One of the dogs he shot wasn't a one of the dogs that people had called the police about. Could have been your dog, Allie. you Jack Russell.

I'm sure you didn't bother to read the article though, so you wouldn't know that.

Let me tell you about my dog. I keep my dog in the fucking yard. You know why? She will chase anything and everything. If it's small enough, she'll kill it. If it's big enough, it will kill her. If it's connected to a little old lady (and we have a plethora of them) God knows what will happen.

The other day I was loading kids getting ready to feed horses, and I couldn't find my keys. I had one kid in the car, another in the yard, and I was looking for my keys when my boy opened the gate (something he has been told repeatedly not to do without permission) and my Russell was out.

Just at that time an elderly gentleman was walking by with his little Corgi-type black and white dog. Mylo was all over that dog, running circles around that man and this went on for a block before I found my keys, all the while yelling at Mylo (who ignored me). By then the guy had kicked her off of them, Mylo raced home and he was out of sight. My kids were hysterical.

So we feed the horses and I tell the kids that if the guy who was attacked by my 10 lb dog reported her to the police, she was gone, and if I couldn't find someone to take her she'd have to be destroyed. Are you getting where I'm going with this? Have you seen dogs kill each other? Have you ever seen a child who has been mauled by a dog (or dogs)? I have, and I've no time for pussy footing around it. Dogs aren't as important as kids, aren't as important as people, and just because you like your dogs is no reason for the rest of us to risk life, limb and property because you won't do anything until they actually do hurt someone.

The sidewalk is public property. Loose dogs don't belong on it. In my part of the country, we have the legal right and the duty to KILL any dogs we see that are chasing anything. You can get into trouble if you have the opportunity to kill dogs that are out of control and you don't, and those dogs go on to hurt someone or destroy somebody's property (read livestock).

Anyway, back to Mylo. As we're coming back from feedin the horses, we see the guy walking the little dog still, and I stop and leave the window open so my weeping children can hear what is said. I asked him if he was the one who was attacked by Mylo and he laughed and said yes. I apologized profusely and explained what had happened. He said, "Oh don't worry, my little guy's the cock of the walk, she didn't hurt him any, I just got her off and that was it".

Tragedy averted. I told the kids to thank God because I meant it, I'd shoot her myself, rather than see one of the old ladies who lives around here tripped up by their dogs..or have to watch Mylo become a tasty squirming treat for a bigger dog when she makes that mistake.

I apply the rule all around. If you'd ever been surrounded by a pack, so would you.

Anyway, back to Mylo. As we're coming back from feedin the horses, we see the guy walking the little dog still, and I stop and leave the window open so my weeping children can hear what is said. I asked him if he was the one who was attacked by Mylo and he laughed and said yes. I apologized profusely and explained what had happened. He said, "Oh don't worry, my little guy's the cock of the walk, she didn't hurt him any, I just got her off and that was it".

Tragedy averted. I told the kids to thank God because I meant it, I'd shoot her myself, rather than see one of the old ladies who lives around here tripped up by their dogs..or have to watch Mylo become a tasty squirming treat for a bigger dog when she makes that mistake.

I apply the rule all around. If you'd ever been surrounded by a pack, so would you.

I have been attacked by loose dogs. as a child no less. I ended up a witness in a court case as a result and akso a lot smarter about how not to get chomped on by a dog. I have lots of experience with problem dogs and even with nutcases like you. Just your description alone of your dogs behavior with the Corgi was a clue of what a chicken little you are. And the guys response confirmed it. You made your kids cry for nothing.

I do believe that based on rumors you would shoot the wrong dog sleeping peacefully on a sidewalk. You too would be charged with animal cruelty just like the sadist in the article. Then your kids would have reason to cry.

Last edited:
Dogs are animals and children are people. As a child, I was almost attacked by a "sleeping" dog. I managed to venture into the range of his lease and he just caught the outside of my knee. I've seen a dog attack and I swear the dog won't let go of whatever he has for shit!

Let me tell you about my dog. I keep my dog in the fucking yard. You know why? She will chase anything and everything. If it's small enough, she'll kill it. If it's big enough, it will kill her. If it's connected to a little old lady (and we have a plethora of them) God knows what will happen.

The other day I was loading kids getting ready to feed horses, and I couldn't find my keys. I had one kid in the car, another in the yard, and I was looking for my keys when my boy opened the gate (something he has been told repeatedly not to do without permission) and my Russell was out.

Just at that time an elderly gentleman was walking by with his little Corgi-type black and white dog. Mylo was all over that dog, running circles around that man and this went on for a block before I found my keys, all the while yelling at Mylo (who ignored me). By then the guy had kicked her off of them, Mylo raced home and he was out of sight. My kids were hysterical.

So we feed the horses and I tell the kids that if the guy who was attacked by my 10 lb dog reported her to the police, she was gone, and if I couldn't find someone to take her she'd have to be destroyed. Are you getting where I'm going with this? Have you seen dogs kill each other? Have you ever seen a child who has been mauled by a dog (or dogs)? I have, and I've no time for pussy footing around it. Dogs aren't as important as kids, aren't as important as people, and just because you like your dogs is no reason for the rest of us to risk life, limb and property because you won't do anything until they actually do hurt someone.

The sidewalk is public property. Loose dogs don't belong on it. In my part of the country, we have the legal right and the duty to KILL any dogs we see that are chasing anything. You can get into trouble if you have the opportunity to kill dogs that are out of control and you don't, and those dogs go on to hurt someone or destroy somebody's property (read livestock).

People like you probably should not own pets..

McCune, Kansas is a very small burg of about 200 houses and 400 people. If there were dogs in town that were acting aggressive toward children, then everyone in town would know it. Not knowing the full facts about the situation, I cannot say how justified the mayor's actions were. However, if the owners of the dogs had been warned, and took no action, then what the mayor did was justified.

Dogs that run livestock, in any area that I have lived in, are dead meat. Anyone observing them that has a firearm has a duty to end the situation. And a dog that agresses children should be shot immediatly. I have shot one such myself.

From the KC Star
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/1018059.html

Don Call is charged with two felony counts of cruelty to animals and one misdemeanor count of criminal discharge of a firearm. He was released after posting $3,000 bond.Call says he was protecting his community when he shot the dogs, which apparently had been chasing some children.He said the city had called the Crawford County Sheriff’s Office several times about dogs owned by Duane Wahl, but the complaints continued. On Sunday, the mayor said, he received a call from a couple who said their children were being chased by the dogs.

Dogs aren't as important as kids, aren't as important as people, and just because you like your dogs is no reason for the rest of us to risk life, limb and property because you won't do anything until they actually do hurt someone.

having been surrounded by a pack, with two other adults present and all three of us in fear, one of them being the animal control officer, i can say thank heavens there weren't any kids around.(having witnessed this as an adult, not a child). The animal control agent had to call the police, the cop showed up and pulled out mace. The animal control (you know someone with actual experience (beyond as a fricking child) told the cop to pull out his gun.

realistically the mayors actions were extreme, but for upteenth time (i know some little readers can't appreciate this) the city does not have the money for a pound, and a dog catcher and a happy euthanasia....in perfect world, sure raise taxes and build a pound.

PS. that was really ugly and uncalled comment from anguille about Allie's parent abilities.

Dogs aren't as important as kids, aren't as important as people, and just because you like your dogs is no reason for the rest of us to risk life, limb and property because you won't do anything until they actually do hurt someone.

having been surrounded by a pack, with two other adults present and all three of us in fear, one of them being the animal control officer, i can say thank heavens there weren't any kids around.(having witnessed this as an adult, not a child). The animal control agent had to call the police, the cop showed up and pulled out mace. The animal control (you know someone with actual experience (beyond as a fricking child) told the cop to pull out his gun.

realistically the mayors actions were extreme, but for upteenth time (i know some little readers can't appreciate this) the city does not have the money for a pound, and a dog catcher and a happy euthanasia....in perfect world, sure raise taxes and build a pound.

PS. that was really ugly and uncalled comment from anguille about Allie's parent abilities.

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell. She tells me so all the time. :cuckoo:

What do you think about the guy shooting the wrong dog?

ah, if the dog was stray how was it the wrong dog?

second how you know the stray wasn't part of the pack that chased the kids?

as old rock said, we're talking a town of 400.

we're also talking about (as i picture it) a pack of dogs that had been bothering the community for an extended period.

I picture my hero the mayor knowing and having observed these dogs running at large around town.

ah, if the dog was stray how was it the wrong dog?

second how you know the stray wasn't part of the pack that chased the kids?

as old rock said, we're talking a town of 400.

we're also talking about (as i picture it) a pack of dogs that had been bothering the community for an extended period.

I picture my hero the mayor knowing and having observed these dogs running at large around town.
How do you know it was a stray?

No one had been bitten. His actions were extreme. He tried to hide the evidence.
I don't suppose you like dogs very much. I remember reading a post of yours in another thread where you favored killing all dogs of certain breeds.
So I can see why you'd like this wacko.

Forum List

Back