my kinda mayor!

I live in McCune, Kansas and would like to clear up a few facts...1) We are able to enforce our dog ordinances. We have a tranquilizer gun and an arrangement with a local veterinarian to provide impoundment for the animals confiscated. 2) The mayor used a 9mm in town! 3) According to eye witnesses of the shooting, at least one of the dogs was chained up when it was shot.

This man has only been Mayor a few months. He was not elected, but rather appointed when our elected Mayor moved away. He has been in trouble with the law numerous times for bar fights, drunkenness and bullying.

If you will check out the in-depth story Fox4 WDAF TV in Kansas City ran, it might clear up a lot of things.

It has a good interview with the Sheriff. Also: No, the Sheriff cannot enforce an ordinance if someone does not mow their yard, but who cares? We are in the process of hiring a new Municipal Court Judge to enforce things like that and take care of fines, etc.

And finally: The guy who allegedly made the complaint..."Gomez" is a known heroin head. Probably got pissed that the dog owner was trying to run him out of town.

Guess, there is always two sides to the story. If one of the dogs was chained, there is no way in heck he should have been shot.

Okay, I have to take back everything I said in defense of this mayor. If both dogs were on chains, then they weren't running free and therefore weren't a threat. Further, if he had to drive around the block and shoot at them THREE times, he shouldn't have been shooting a gun in the first place.

Forum List

Back