my kinda mayor!

To be fair would be to acknowledge the part where it said no one would file a formal complaint. The police can't do anything without someone going on record. If these dogs were such a menace and everyone knew it why would no one step up?
I found that troubling too. Why did no one make a formal complaint? The police tried to get them to do it. Sounds fishy to me. Like maybe he was an unpopular neighbor.

The dogs were threatening kids...kids aren't gonna let people know they're afraid of dogs.
And parents may not want their kids dragged through court, for whatever reason.

Oh, and no formal charges were filed against the dogs that spent that day terrorizing our neighborhood either.

When I was about 12, I was chased by two loose black labs that had been roaming the neighborhood I was riding my bike in. First off, I was dumb to try to out pace them on my bike. Dogs have an instinct to chase. I was bitten on my leg and had to jump of my bike onto the roof of a car to escape them. A person nearby grabbed a hose and chased them off.

The police came and eventually I went as a witness in a hearing. I went all on my own. No big deal. Other people came too, though my attack was the only one involving a bite.

The owner of the dogs didn't show, he was fined. He had the dogs taken away. Don't know if they were put down or moved somewhere else.

In any case, the other people in the court room told me the dogs were neglected and had been friendly as puppies but since their owner was never home and never exercised them, they had dug holes under his fence and gone feral.

I'm glad the case was handled that way. Even though I was bitten, if the dogs had been shot in front of me I would have been way more traumatized!!!! Even at that age I knew not to panic though riding off on my bike wasn't wise. I suffered a superficial wound from an untrained un neutered male dog. Key words: untrained, un neutered male.

The other people, myself and the police did the right thing. No one ever had a problem there again. The neglectful owner moved away shortly after the dogs went away.

Last edited:
Even though I was bitten, if the dogs had been shot in front of me I would have been way more traumatized!!!! E

yeah, well if those were PIT BULLS instead of black labs you'd have been a lot more traumitized if they weren't shot.
:cuckoo:

besides what part of this being a town of 400 do you not understand?

there is no police. there is only the mayor.

there is no animal shelter to take the dogs to.

there is no strangle wire to safely apprehend the dogs with.

there is just the Mayor faced with dangerous dogs roaming his city attacking people.

Even though I was bitten, if the dogs had been shot in front of me I would have been way more traumatized!!!! E

yeah, well if those were PIT BULLS instead of black labs you'd have been a lot more traumitized if they weren't shot.
hahaha!!! that's what you think.

Actually no I wouldn't have. I love pit bulls. And still love black labs despite my bad experiences with them. There have been others. The one type dog I am wary of, and for no scientifically proven reason, is Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I took care of a very dangerous one when I worked for a veterinarian. He never harmed me but I was always on my toes. He was a badly neglected un neutered male that had been kept cooped up. I saw just how fucked up a dog can get. Also how much good care and rehabilitation can do for dogs like he was.

Un neutered male dogs, especially ones that have been neglected are the type of dogs that cause the worst injuries and fatalities.

there is just the Mayor faced with dangerous dogs roaming his city attacking people.

Guys hunting dogs from cars in residential areas are definitely something to be concerned about. Neighbors who avoid their civic duty to make formal complaints are either neglecting their community and kids or they are lying about an unpopular neighbor. Either way they are dangerous too on a lessor level. The killing would not have happened if the mayor and the people lived up to their responsibilities.

Guys hunting dogs from cars in residential areas are definitely something to be concerned about. Neighbors who avoid their civic duty to make formal complaints are either neglecting their community and kids or they are lying about an unpopular neighbor. Either way they are dangerous too on a lessor level. The killing would not have happened if the mayor and the people lived up to their responsibilities.

It's a cinch it wouldn't have happened had the dog owner/s lived up to his/their responsibility.

Actually no I wouldn't have. I love pit bulls. And still love black labs despite my bad experiences with them. There have been others. The one type dog I am wary of, and for no scientifically proven reason, is Rhodesian Ridgebacks. I took care of a very dangerous one when I worked for a veterinarian. He never harmed me but I was always on my toes. He was a badly neglected un neutered male that had been kept cooped up. I saw just how fucked up a dog can get. Also how much good care and rehabilitation can do for dogs like he was.

Un neutered male dogs, especially ones that have been neglected are the type of dogs that cause the worst injuries and fatalities.

Have you seen what a pit bull can do? The reason those bulldogs were able to terrorize this neighborhood was because they got out shortly after a pitbull attacked a child and nearly killed him. They put over 200 stitches in just one of his legs, and that's puting one stitch where 5 should go. There was talk that he would never walk again. Fortunately, he was lucky and grew up to play on the highschool football team.
If it was a pitbull that attacked you, it wouldn't have been one bite that you would be complaining about. You would be lucky to be alive.

Have you seen what a pit bull can do? The reason those bulldogs were able to terrorize this neighborhood was because they got out shortly after a pitbull attacked a child and nearly killed him. They put over 200 stitches in just one of his legs, and that's puting one stitch where 5 should go. There was talk that he would never walk again. Fortunately, he was lucky and grew up to play on the highschool football team.
If it was a pitbull that attacked you, it wouldn't have been one bite that you would be complaining about. You would be lucky to be alive.

I've been around lots of pit bulls and I've seen lots of dog fights involving all kinds of breeds and mixed breeds. Most pit bulls are great pets. Just like any other breed. . Basically just like any other dog. Some people seem to have gotten the false impression that pit bull are a separate species. Like the inner city poor blacks they are associated with in popular culture.

I worked for a vet who taught me to rely on statistics and the results of studies done by major medical and veterinary associations. None recommend breed specific regulations concerning dogs and public safety, in fact they condemm then as fostering misconceptions concerning the importance of proper care and neutering of dogs.
At one time it was German shepherds who were the demon dogs, then it was Doberman pinchers. Dalmations had their 15 minutes of fame. Then Rottweilers. Pit bulls are the current latest target. Next it will be something else. It's just human nature.

You might fear pit bulls. I get a chill everytime I see a Rhodesian Ridgeback. Neither of us is reacting to a real danger, just experiencing anxiety.

Did you even read your own link?

Call has maintained that his action was necessary because the Sheriff’s Department had not acted on previous complaints about dogs owned by Wahl running loose.

Crawford County Sheriff Sandy Horton this week said his department had received at least four complaints since July 2008 about three German shepherds owned by Wahl running loose through the streets and menacing residents by acting aggressively.

He said his deputies could not seek formal charges because no victim ever came forward in connection with any of the complaints.

Anyone that doesn't acknowledge the reality outlined above will be ignored by me on this subject. Acting like there isn't a police presence because it's inconvenient to the stance you want to take just isn't cutting it with me.

Did you even read your own link?

Call has maintained that his action was necessary because the Sheriff’s Department had not acted on previous complaints about dogs owned by Wahl running loose.

Crawford County Sheriff Sandy Horton this week said his department had received at least four complaints since July 2008 about three German shepherds owned by Wahl running loose through the streets and menacing residents by acting aggressively.

He said his deputies could not seek formal charges because no victim ever came forward in connection with any of the complaints.

Anyone that doesn't acknowledge the reality outlined above will be ignored by me on this subject. Acting like there isn't a police presence because it's inconvenient to the stance you want to take just isn't cutting it with me.

well pretty sure i paid more attention to than to your promise to not have discussions with trolls.

you might want to ask Catzmeow about some federal system er other...

oh here it is, a county sheriff is not a city police officer.

idiot.

I live in McCune, Kansas and would like to clear up a few facts...1) We are able to enforce our dog ordinances. We have a tranquilizer gun and an arrangement with a local veterinarian to provide impoundment for the animals confiscated. 2) The mayor used a 9mm in town! 3) According to eye witnesses of the shooting, at least one of the dogs was chained up when it was shot.

This man has only been Mayor a few months. He was not elected, but rather appointed when our elected Mayor moved away. He has been in trouble with the law numerous times for bar fights, drunkenness and bullying.

If you will check out the in-depth story Fox4 WDAF TV in Kansas City ran, it might clear up a lot of things.

It has a good interview with the Sheriff. Also: No, the Sheriff cannot enforce an ordinance if someone does not mow their yard, but who cares? We are in the process of hiring a new Municipal Court Judge to enforce things like that and take care of fines, etc.

And finally: The guy who allegedly made the complaint..."Gomez" is a known heroin head. Probably got pissed that the dog owner was trying to run him out of town.

I live in McCune, Kansas and would like to clear up a few facts...1) We are able to enforce our dog ordinances. We have a tranquilizer gun and an arrangement with a local veterinarian to provide impoundment for the animals confiscated. 2) The mayor used a 9mm in town! 3) According to eye witnesses of the shooting, at least one of the dogs was chained up when it was shot.

This man has only been Mayor a few months. He was not elected, but rather appointed when our elected Mayor moved away. He has been in trouble with the law numerous times for bar fights, drunkenness and bullying.

If you will check out the in-depth story Fox4 WDAF TV in Kansas City ran, it might clear up a lot of things.

It has a good interview with the Sheriff. Also: No, the Sheriff cannot enforce an ordinance if someone does not mow their yard, but who cares? We are in the process of hiring a new Municipal Court Judge to enforce things like that and take care of fines, etc.

And finally: The guy who allegedly made the complaint..."Gomez" is a known heroin head. Probably got pissed that the dog owner was trying to run him out of town.

LOL, I think you're prolly a sock but thanks for getting my back. :tongue:

Got a link to that story on Fox? I couldn't find it. maybe because I only watch Fox news for that hottie Don Harmon giving the weather in the morning. :lol:

That's so sick!!!

I suspected something of the sort. It usually is when no one is willing to make a formal complaint. They are still kept anonymous. Gomez was probably supplying some of the phone callers. I hope the dog owner gets some kind of restitution, though nothing can replace a murdered pet. Myself, I would have strangled that drunk mayor. I don't think I would have been able to stop myself.

LOL, I think you're prolly a sock but thanks for getting my back. :tongue:

Got a link to that story on Fox? I couldn't find it. maybe because I only watch Fox news for that hottie Don Harmon giving the weather in the morning. :lol:

I had no trouble finding it.

McCune Mayor Confesses to Shooting Dogs - WDAF

Now about that cutie?? Is he worth searching too? :lol:

My Google-fu was weak :(
Thanks for the link. :)

This pretty much reaffirms how I feel about the case. The mayor should be arrested.

Forum List

Back