My immigration rant

I have very specific feelings about immigration but before I get into that let me preface it with a few thoughts. We are a nation of immigrants. Everybody here came from somewhere else and it is that cultural diversity that makes us the wonderful thriving (yes, even now) country we are. In Houston, which is a seaport town as well as a close neighbor of the border we get to see more of that than many, both the good and the bad.
I have no problem whatsoever with immigration. Many people are literally dying to come here and many leave behind the country of their birth to swear allegiance to America. There must be something very urgent compelling a person to make such a commitment and I do not take it lightly.

But you have to come correct! You cannot come here and cut in line, bypassing the millions of people that did it the right way, did the work and took their turn. Anymore than you'd let somebody cut in line in front of you at the bank. Anymore than you'd let somebody squat in your living room and declare it was theirs now and you must support them.

It is no secret the Taliban is very interested in our border because it is so pourous. And it isn't reported like it should be but there is also a border war going on down here between the drug cartels and the rest of humanity and the body count makes Iraq look like a 3 car pile-up. Some of their tactics make Bin Ladin look like a rank amateur.

My family has land in Zavala County, Texas. We have a nice plot that has been handed down for several generations and has changed hands many times due to marriages, divorces, land wars big and small and water rights fights that have gone on for generations. At this writing that land is back in the hands of my family and we intend to keep it. We understand as many before us that we are only the temporary 'owners' and at best we are only stewards, and that stewardship is only good if the land is left in better shape than what we found it.

And I know the good Mexican people that have worked the border for many generations. They are wonderful people, quick to laugh, loyal and generous to a fault. But a year ago one of them was shot to death, on our land, in broad daylight. By an illegal that has been deported 3 times in the last 3 years!!

Now. I told you all that to get to this:

Along the southern border of our property is a great huge hole in our fence. The men fix it every two weeks or so and always it is cut again. The property at the south end is covered in fast food wrappers, discarded clothing, used contraceptives, empty whisky bottles and the occasional drunken Campisino that didn't leave with the morning rush to Austin. The few experimental cattle pastured there are diminishing quickly and the people don't understand these animals could help to change the way beef is raised and processed in this country. They slaughter a calf, take out a few cuts of steak and leave the remains to rot in the sun. Sometimes they just kill them for fun or maim them. Other times they start fires. Not for warmth. Just for fun.
I cannot understand the waste. And it angers me.

I have complained to every agency, Senator, Congressman, and maintenence man at the state capitol at Austin. . .in person, and loudly at that. I figure there isn't an alert memo, homeland security report or enemies list in the country that Im not already on and probably at the very top of the page at that!! And I don't care. Maybe they will do something just to get rid of people like me.
It's a dilemma.

Interesting read, well put :clap2:.

The people cutting your fence are lucky im not a family member, i'd be camped out protecting my property with force...im not as nice as you ;).

And here's the worst of it. The workers don't even have a shot anymore. It's no longer the poor people looking for a better life we are dealing with. It's drug runners and murderers and kidnappers making the jump now.

They use the workers for mules. Those Coyotes take a bite, usually leaving their charges destitute or worse. The druggies know they have an easy target. A poor man takes a load of drugs across, supposably he's paid handsomely and he's in. It's hard to turn down.
Right now they are digging up bodies all along the Mexican border, not all of them warring cartel members.

When you support illegals entering this country you support the deaths of thousands of innocents, from the UA's right down to the drug addicted children in your own neiborhoods, maybe even your own house.

I have very specific feelings about immigration but before I get into that let me preface it with a few thoughts. We are a nation of immigrants. Everybody here came from somewhere else and it is that cultural diversity that makes us the wonderful thriving (yes, even now) country we are. In Houston, which is a seaport town as well as a close neighbor of the border we get to see more of that than many, both the good and the bad.
I have no problem whatsoever with immigration. Many people are literally dying to come here and many leave behind the country of their birth to swear allegiance to America. There must be something very urgent compelling a person to make such a commitment and I do not take it lightly.

But you have to come correct! You cannot come here and cut in line, bypassing the millions of people that did it the right way, did the work and took their turn. Anymore than you'd let somebody cut in line in front of you at the bank. Anymore than you'd let somebody squat in your living room and declare it was theirs now and you must support them.

It is no secret the Taliban is very interested in our border because it is so pourous. And it isn't reported like it should be but there is also a border war going on down here between the drug cartels and the rest of humanity and the body count makes Iraq look like a 3 car pile-up. Some of their tactics make Bin Ladin look like a rank amateur.

My family has land in Zavala County, Texas. We have a nice plot that has been handed down for several generations and has changed hands many times due to marriages, divorces, land wars big and small and water rights fights that have gone on for generations. At this writing that land is back in the hands of my family and we intend to keep it. We understand as many before us that we are only the temporary 'owners' and at best we are only stewards, and that stewardship is only good if the land is left in better shape than what we found it.

And I know the good Mexican people that have worked the border for many generations. They are wonderful people, quick to laugh, loyal and generous to a fault. But a year ago one of them was shot to death, on our land, in broad daylight. By an illegal that has been deported 3 times in the last 3 years!!

Along the southern border of our property is a great huge hole in our fence. The men fix it every two weeks or so and always it is cut again. The property at the south end is covered in fast food wrappers, discarded clothing, used contraceptives, empty whisky bottles and the occasional drunken Campisino that didn't leave with the morning rush to Austin. The few experimental cattle pastured there are diminishing quickly and the people don't understand these animals could help to change the way beef is raised and processed in this country. They slaughter a calf, take out a few cuts of steak and leave the remains to rot in the sun. Sometimes they just kill them for fun or maim them. Other times they start fires. Not for warmth. Just for fun.

I have complained to every agency, Senator, Congressman, and maintenence man at the state capitol at Austin. . .in person, and loudly at that. I figure there isn't an alert memo, homeland security report or enemies list in the country that Im not already on and probably at the very top of the page at that!! And I don't care. Maybe they will do something just to get rid of people like me.
It's a dilemma.

The people cutting your fence are lucky im not a family member, i'd be camped out protecting my property with force...im not as nice as you ;).

:eusa_shhh:Everybody in my family knows how to shoot. Even the little tads. Our men go about their business armed.
We have a lot of fence, which is part of the problem to begin with, the logistics of covering all of it all the time.

The United States is like Israel. Surrounded by people that hate us. But if this WERE Israel, the border would be covered with dead bodies and the country would be inhabited by heroes.

Don't you get it? Our borders ARE covered with dead bodies and mass graves everywhere. And that's just the one's they've found. Lot's of holes in the desert will never be found.

On your property, this is a pretty bad senario. I work along the border in Otay mesa, (San diego) and have seen alot of the same incidents. Personally, these people need to be shown some justice yet due to our PC culture it will never happen. First, you need to install barb wire fence, secondly get some german shepards, and lastly if it continues you will have to hire someone to patrol the area or do it yourself. I am not stereotyping, but it is in their culture to take the easy road, what you need to do is make your property the tough road. Once they realize that it isn't as easy as it once was they will move to the next property to avoid the trouble.

And how about coming down hard on the businesses that hire these poor people. They don't care anything about their problems, they just want the cheap labor.

Hahah I'd worry about one problem at a time.

On your property, this is a pretty bad senario. I work along the border in Otay mesa, (San diego) and have seen alot of the same incidents. Personally, these people need to be shown some justice yet due to our PC culture it will never happen. First, you need to install barb wire fence, secondly get some german shepards, and lastly if it continues you will have to hire someone to patrol the area or do it yourself. I am not stereotyping, but it is in their culture to take the easy road, what you need to do is make your property the tough road. Once they realize that it isn't as easy as it once was they will move to the next property to avoid the trouble.

And how about coming down hard on the businesses that hire these poor people. They don't care anything about their problems, they just want the cheap labor.

LOL, Oh trust me, I'ver been told that before. . . by so-called experts.:lol:

It's a dilemma.

:eusa_shhh:Everybody in my family knows how to shoot. Even the little tads. Our men go about their business armed.
We have a lot of fence, which is part of the problem to begin with, the logistics of covering all of it all the time.

Yeah you have to sleep sometime ;).

Your family should get a grant from homeland security to secure and patrol your border :).

But immigration is more than one problem all at the same time so you have to identify the problems then provide solutions......maybe we will elect Herman Cain and fix it finally.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC4RkZlk-Hk]YouTube - ‪Herman Cain on Arizona immigration law‬‏[/ame]

Yeah you have to sleep sometime ;).

Your family should get a grant from homeland security to secure and patrol your border :).

Yeah, I'll wait on THAT till it grows a fungus.
:razz::lol:

CandySice, I read an article a few days ago that speaks about this 'we are a nation of immigrants'.

It went something ike this:

'We are NOT a 'nation of immigrants'. The current pop of the USA is 307M and of that number about 40M are legal immigrants and perhaps 12M are illegal. That makes 13% of our pop naturalized citizens. Include the illegals and you have 16%. These percentages are not all that much different from other indusrialized nations'.
'Should we reflect on how America was founded by immigrants over two centuries ago? That is not true. Most of our Founders were born on American soil. Only nine of the delegates to the first Constitutional Convention were immigrants.. The people who came before them were colonists, NOT immigrants.'

'We are unquestionably a nation that has welcomed many immigrants. The American spirit burns bright when a new citizen recites the Pledge of Allegiance for the first time. Those who drag out the 'nation of immgirants' chesnut are not seeking to congratulate Americans for their hospitality. On the contrary, they want us to see ourselves as a vast flock of migratory birds that just happened to settle on this lovely piece of ground and have no right to set conditions for anyone who wishes to roost in the same spot'.America is a nation WITH immigrants. We add a million of them every year. We are proud of them and they are proud to be Americans. There is a difference between immigrants and aliens. It's possible for an alien to become an immigrant. The process is currently more difficult than it should be. It will never be automatic. That's why we have a border.'

(Taken from Daily Events - written by John Hayward, Staff Writer, 05.12.11)

CandySice, I read an article a few days ago that speaks about this 'we are a nation of immigrants'.

It went something ike this:

'We are NOT a 'nation of immigrants'. The current pop of the USA is 307M and of that number about 40M are legal immigrants and perhaps 12M are illegal. That makes 13% of our pop naturalized citizens. Include the illegals and you have 16%. These percentages are not all that much different from other indusrialized nations'.
'Should we reflect on how America was founded by immigrants over two centuries ago? That is not true. Most of our Founders were born on American soil. Only nine of the delegates to the first Constitutional Convention were immigrants.. The people who came before them were colonists, NOT immigrants.'

'We are unquestionably a nation that has welcomed many immigrants. The American spirit burns bright when a new citizen recites the Pledge of Allegiance for the first time. Those who drag out the 'nation of immgirants' chesnut are not seeking to congratulate Americans for their hospitality. On the contrary, they want us to see ourselves as a vast flock of migratory birds that just happened to settle on this lovely piece of ground and have no right to set conditions for anyone who wishes to roost in the same spot'.America is a nation WITH immigrants. We add a million of them every year. We are proud of them and they are proud to be Americans. There is a difference between immigrants and aliens. It's possible for an alien to become an immigrant. The process is currently more difficult than it should be. It will never be automatic. That's why we have a border.'

(Taken from Daily Events - written by John Hayward, Staff Writer, 05.12.11)

Very cool article and maybe I should have qualified my original statement and replaced the word 'immigrant' becaue now we are just talking semantics. It was a means to an end, nothing else. But now that you've called this to my attention I must say it makes sense.

And here's the worst of it. The workers don't even have a shot anymore. It's no longer the poor people looking for a better life we are dealing with. It's drug runners and murderers and kidnappers making the jump now.

They use the workers for mules. Those Coyotes take a bite, usually leaving their charges destitute or worse. The druggies know they have an easy target. A poor man takes a load of drugs across, supposably he's paid handsomely and he's in. It's hard to turn down.
Right now they are digging up bodies all along the Mexican border, not all of them warring cartel members.

When you support illegals entering this country you support the deaths of thousands of innocents, from the UA's right down to the drug addicted children in your own neiborhoods, maybe even your own house.

What about those illegals that get a brand new house in the US. All they have to do is water the marijuana plants. That's like winning a lottery. I don't feel sorry for any other these people. They are ruining the country for everyone else.

What about those illegals that get a brand new house in the US. All they have to do is water the marijuana plants. That's like winning a lottery. I don't feel sorry for any other these people. They are ruining the country for everyone else.

How can we get a job like that? Im ready to retire and it sounds like just enough to keep me busy.:lol:

Can I come check this land and situation of yours out? I am intrigued.

are you on the border? it seems Zavala County is inland a little over 30 miles? is your fence on the border or is it just from migrants trying to get deeper inland? Our fence is cut about once a year, and we are one mile from the border, but our fence is usualyl cut because they are looking for metal to steal..

Last edited:

are you on the border? it seems Zavala County is inland a little over 30 miles? is your fence on the border or is it just from migrants trying to get deeper inland? Our fence is cut about once a year, and we are one mile from the border, but our fence is usualyl cut because they are looking for metal to steal..

We are inland somewhat though parts of our land extend to the border itself. There are several different parcels, not all of them connected. There is also land up by the Palo Duro Canyon. We are on one of the lesser talked about trails from the desert to San Antonio. See, Laredo, Harlingen, El Paso, they get all the ink. Nobody cares much about a little monkey fart town like Crystal City and the surrounding area. So on top of bad and sometimes non-existant reporting by the MSM we also don't have the mystery and romance of a big city. But we get our share of long nights for just that reason. Nobody knows better than the cartels and others who and what is being ignored.

We are inland somewhat though parts of our land extend to the border itself. There are several different parcels, not all of them connected. There is also land up by the Palo Duro Canyon. We are on one of the lesser talked about trails from the desert to San Antonio. See, Laredo, Harlingen, El Paso, they get all the ink. Nobody cares much about a little monkey fart town like Crystal City and the surrounding area. So on top of bad and sometimes non-existant reporting by the MSM we also don't have the mystery and romance of a big city. But we get our share of long nights for just that reason. Nobody knows better than the cartels and others who and what is being ignored.

Reading some of the questions and comments lead me to believe that very few people really are aware of what it's like living in a border state. Tucson is about 40 miles from the border of Nogales, AZ/Nogales, Mex and trust me, it's very, very close. Too close for comfort. It's the most porous border between the two countries. I would suggest that more people visit these border states to really get a feel about what is going on and not depend on lies that are being told by those in WA. Obama has visited ONE border state and that was TX a few days ago and had the audacity to say that the borders are now more secure than ever. Who, in the name of all that is holy, is he to make such a utterly false statement? The man lives in a make believe world and comes across as a pollyana! Not to mention his 'comical' cracks about a moat an alligators! The man is in total denial.

boondocks man, out in the boondocks. Wasn't that dude killed jetski'ing near there? his wife got away and she said some mexican drug cartel folks just rode up in a boat and toasted him? I think that was zapata county.... hmmm, whats the long arm of the law like out in your parts/ maverick county? Do you face any consequences if you go vigilante on these trespassers?

Reading some of the questions and comments lead me to believe that very few people really are aware of what it's like living in a border state. Tucson is about 40 miles from the border of Nogales, AZ/Nogales, Mex and trust me, it's very, very close. Too close for comfort. It's the most porous border between the two countries. I would suggest that more people visit these border states to really get a feel about what is going on and not depend on lies that are being told by those in WA. Obama has visited ONE border state and that was TX a few days ago and had the audacity to say that the borders are now more secure than ever. Who, in the name of all that is holy, is he to make such a utterly false statement? The man lives in a make believe world and comes across as a pollyana! Not to mention his 'comical' cracks about a moat an alligators! The man is in total denial.

Wasn't that a sorry sight? I never wanted to drop kick a man's head so much in all my life. He insulted A LOT of people with those cracks. The man is a serious idiot or the most evil thing to come down the pike since the anti-Christ.

As for knowing what it's like you have no way of knowing until you actually experience it and it's a shame some of the places we used to run unfettered when we were young can't even be approached without a sun helmet and a bayonette.

Forum List

Back