My!! How the Dow has grown!!!

ron4342

VIP Member
Feb 29, 2012
Has anyone noticed how the right has remained silent about how the Dow Jones Industrial Average has climbed since Obama took office. When bush left office the DJIA was around 8000. Under Obama it has doubled and is arround 16,500. So much for the right claiming that they are the party that will grow the economy.

Has anyone noticed how the right has remained silent about how the Dow Jones Industrial Average has climbed since Obama took office. When bush left office the DJIA was around 8000. Under Obama it has doubled and is arround 16,500. So much for the right claiming that they are the party that will grow the economy.

Is the Left genuinely celebrating Dow growth? Why now? Simply because it is your guy in charge? How many more breaths before the Left also demonizes same companies for their success? How long before some anti-capitalist from the Left begins targeting Americans' 401(k) plans for redistribution?

I celebrate a high Dow at anytime. But, I also look other factors so that the Dow can sustain or at least maintain high levels. Too much cash is on the sideline. Too many Americans have left the Labor participation pool and the welfare state continues to rise. Company expansion in the form of net new jobs and capital projects is low compared to economic boom times. Corporate tax rates need to decline and regulation and legal liability need to be capped.

Is the Left genuinely celebrating Dow growth? Why now? Simply because it is your guy in charge? How many more breaths before the Left also demonizes same companies for their success? How long before some anti-capitalist from the Left begins targeting Americans' 401(k) plans for redistribution?

Just a matter of time before we see a push for this.
That is a boatload of money that the Libs would love to get their hands on.

Last edited:
I do not care what the stock market is doing if the quality of life for the majority of Americans is going down.

Which it seems to still be doing.

During the Reagan years, the Bush 41 and Bush 43 years, all we heard from the left was the old mantra:

"The rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer!"

How come they're all silent when the entire country is getting poorer????
68% of Americans believe we are still in a recession. Auto sales are increasing only because cars wear out and now you can get financing as long as 84 months.

I congratulate any wealthy person who can insulate himself from this debacle we have in Washington.

The only reason the Stock Market is doing well is because the Federal Reserve is pumping 85 Billion into it every month.
The Dems are doing the same damn thing like they did to housing and this market bubble will eventual burst and cause an even worse recession than the housing bubble did.
This action is weakening our dollar amount and this causes inflation.
Just wait till this Stock Market Bubble bursts and we get extreme high inflation.
Yet people will continue to vote for the Dem's thinking that they are for the people and believing their lies that it is the Republican's fault, just like it was the housing bubble.

The only reason the Stock Market is doing well is because the Federal Reserve is pumping 85 Billion into it every month.
The Dems are doing the same damn thing like they did to housing and this market bubble will eventual burst and cause an even worse recession than the housing bubble did.
Just wait till this Stock Market Bubble bursts and we get extreme high inflation.
Yet people will continue to vote for the Dem's thinking that they are for the people and believing their lies that it is the Republican's fault, just like it was the housing bubble.

The DEMS and the housing bubble? I want two of what you're drinking. And while the fed may well be propping up the equities, if you've looked at real estate and the wealth of avg Americans, we're having deflation, not inflation.

Who has remained quiet about it?

You do realize that the Dow is propped up with 85 billion dollars a month, right? Has been since 2009.

Let Me guess. Your not the least bit concerned.

I'm more concerned with deficits and reducing them. QE staved off 1930 type deflation, as Friedman predicted. However, as you posted the effect is to bubble equities, as the fed "buys" corporate bonds and real estate debt obligation bonds. An unintended effect is greater wealth disparity. If you want to give Obama credit for something he had nothing to do with, you prolly should give him credit for that as well.

Most local real estate markets are slowing recovering losses, and gnp and employment slowly recover. The fed will withdraw from buying securities. Among the uncertainties are: what will the effect be on retirement accounts which have seen reduced bond yields, which traditionally are the safe bet for old people who can't take the risk of equities. Equities will fall and bonds will rise. Will that increase wealth disparity even more? Yields on all bonds will rise, and I assume that will put upward pressure on debt we sell to finance deficits. At the same time, more boomers will retire. And public pensions are underfunded already.

The DEMS and the housing bubble? I want two of what you're drinking. And while the fed may well be propping up the equities, if you've looked at real estate and the wealth of avg Americans, we're having deflation, not inflation.

The Fed is still buying MBS, bud. Get your facts straight. Real estate is being propped. We've had deflation? No, clearly not. Prices are as high as ever and only in market areas where they were leaps above the fundamentals are they lower than they were before the bubble burst. Like real estate.

I'm more concerned with deficits and reducing them. QE staved off 1930 type deflation, as Friedman predicted. However, as you posted the effect is to bubble equities, as the fed "buys" corporate bonds and real estate debt obligation bonds. An unintended effect is greater wealth disparity. If you want to give Obama credit for something he had nothing to do with, you prolly should give him credit for that as well.

Most local real estate markets are slowing recovering losses, and gnp and employment slowly recover. The fed will withdraw from buying securities. Among the uncertainties are: what will the effect be on retirement accounts which have seen reduced bond yields, which traditionally are the safe bet for old people who can't take the risk of equities. Equities will fall and bonds will rise. Will that increase wealth disparity even more? Yields on all bonds will rise, and I assume that will put upward pressure on debt we sell to finance deficits. At the same time, more boomers will retire. And public pensions are underfunded already.

No, it did not.

No, it did not.
yes it did, now go dream about the gold standard.

The fed has held down inflation. Inflation is occurring in the private sector mainly through agricultural commodities which have increased approx 7 percent when indexed. That is striking. The fed should have raised rates 8, 9 years ago to suck some of the money back in order to stop the devaluation of the dollar.

Forum List

Back