My Childhood Brainwashing

I wonder why so many find it comforting to criticize the beliefs of Christians?

Does it really matter what others believe?

Why can't you just live and let live?

Because Christianity is so incredibly powerful, and it is a huge obstacle to those who have an agenda that counters it.

in reality christianity is losing ground....i wonder what christians will act like when they are the minority?

No. Not at all grasshopper.

Apparently so. Read your own statement again.
Ok. I will.
"Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus."​
Yep. My citation appears to be spot on.

What's your problem with it?

Wow, you're dumb.

Apparently so. Read your own statement again.
Ok. I will.
"Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus."​

Wow, you're dumb.
Yet still a reasonable and decent person.

That is, not so dumb as to suggest or imply that nailing someone to a cross (let alone Jesus) is reasonable or decent--particularly as a human sacrifice to appease a God that "loves" us.

So what's your excuse?

i love the christian compassion shown in this thread......if you dont believe the way i do....i feel free to mock and tease ya....christian bullies???

Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus.

You're speaking of Roman Catholic practices.

You do know that it is not really a good example of Christianity?

The Crucifix is a prime example. Roman Catholics use the crucifix with Jesus still nailed to the cross while all other Christians use an empty cross as remembrance of what Jesus did for us. We should not worship any graven image but we keep the cross. But it is important that we do not pray to it. The cross is small consolation to Christians but most keep it like a security blanket.

Most of the complaints about Christian history is the direct result of a diversion from the Bible that Roman Catholics practice. Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic institution contradict the Bible repeatedly.

Jesus did not teach us to beat the Devil out of someone. The fact that Jesus taught the disciples to be forgiving and to spread love, not force others to adhere to the word of God seems to escape most Christians.

Jesus is the core of Christianity, not the religions that men dreamed up hundreds of years after his death.

Blame not Christianity for the evils they have committed. Instead blame those who committed evil supposedly in the name of Christianity.

Last edited:
Ok. I will.

Wow, you're dumb.

That is, not so dumb as to suggest or imply that nailing someone to a cross (let alone Jesus) is reasonable or decent--particularly as a human sacrifice to appease a God that "loves" us.

So what's your excuse?

How can you possibly be so stupid as to not have figured this out by now? Wow :cuckoo:

I quit religion when I was 8.

I was forced to go to catechism (CCD) every Monday after school and I guess i was annoying the nun with all kinds of questions. She called in the priest who squeezed my face in his bony fingers and got right up in my grill and yelled, "You are not here to ask questions! You are here to listen and believe!"

I started skipping Monday CCD the very next week and haven't been in a church since.

As far as believing; I do not believe the god that the bible tells of exists.

If there is a supreme being then I have yet to see evidence proving that existence.
It wasn't a Catholic, but a Presbyterian who essentially said to me, "You are not here to ask questions! You are here to listen and believe!"

I was 10. I really liked the missionary family that brought me to the place; every now and again we exchange a letter or two, or catch up on the phone. But back then, even to my 10 year old mind, the shit taught by the Church-Lady-freak-shows in Sunday School was fucking bananas; and the questions that my 10 year old mind presented to them apparently revealed some embarrassing truths about their beliefs--too embarrassing to allow the churchers to be understanding, patient or welcoming.

What they, and frankly every single (alleged) "Christian" I've encountered since (including those here), have managed to validate for me is their God is a vain, sadistic, bloodthirsty God; that their God is the God of human suffering and misery.

I reject their God of torture and human misery on moral grounds. I refuse to validate the authority of a being who (allegedly) created imperfect volitionals to worship him, and then refuses to accept responsibility for the predictable consequences of such imperfection in his creation, so that he can rationalize justifications to inflict eternal suffering on those who (predictably) are imperfect "believers."

AND I SWEAR, if you offer me salvation through the blood of the Lord, Jesus Christ(TM), I'll say "NO THANK YOU" to this offer to expunge my "sins" in the blood of an innocent, nor shall I place upon him the burdens of "sins" he has not committed. In other words, I refuse to make a sacrificial animal of any human being -- including Jesus.

So, while the God of misery is certainly my enemy, Jesus is all-right with me; and I'm pretty certain that I'm all-right with Jesus.

Last edited:
Wow, you're dumb.

So what's your excuse?

How can you possibly be so stupid as to not have figured this out by now? Wow :cuckoo:
Despite having every opportunity to "set me straight," to point out how it is that what I've posted is dumb and/or stupid, all you've been able to manage is to call me dumb and stupid.

I'll just bet that makes you a fucking genius in your stolidly obtuse mind! BRAVO, RETARD!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

LOL @ these dopes who proudly display no more than a ten year old's understanding of something but arrogantly claim to have it all figured out. If these same people were to apply this same attitude to other subjects they would surely be a danger to themselves and others.

Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus.

You're speaking of Roman Catholic practices.

You do know that it is not really a good example of Christianity?

The Crucifix is a prime example. Roman Catholics use the crucifix with Jesus still nailed to the cross while all other Christians use an empty cross as remembrance of what Jesus did for us. We should not worship any graven image but we keep the cross. But it is important that we do not pray to it. The cross is small consolation to Christians but most keep it like a security blanket.

Most of the complaints about Christian history is the direct result of a diversion from the Bible that Roman Catholics practice. Practically all precepts of the Roman Catholic institution contradict the Bible repeatedly.

Jesus did not teach us to beat the Devil out of someone. The fact that Jesus taught the disciples to be forgiving and to spread love, not force others to adhere to the word of God seems to escape most Christians.

Jesus is the core of Christianity, not the religions that men dreamed up hundreds of years after his death.

Blame not Christianity for the evils they have committed. Instead blame those who committed evil supposedly in the name of Christianity.
Nope. See above.

So what's your excuse?

Despite having every opportunity to "set me straight," to point out how it is that what I've posted is dumb and/or stupid, all you've been able to manage is to call me dumb and stupid. :

I honestly find it hard to believe that you haven't figured out what's wrong with your original statement by now.

LOL @ these dopes who proudly display no more than a ten year old's understanding of something but arrogantly claim to have it all figured out. If these same people were to apply this same attitude to other subjects they would surely be a danger to themselves and others.
LOL @ retards that get morally and intellectually stuffed by 10-year-olds and then accuse them of being dumb and stupid.

That is, not so dumb as to suggest or imply that nailing someone to a cross (let alone Jesus) is reasonable or decent--

Ok, I can't stand to see you embarrass yourself any further. Who did that nailing? (hint: not the "Christians" you deem indecent)

LOL @ retards that get morally and intellectually stuffed by 10-year-olds and then accuse them of being dumb and stupid.

Yeah, let me know when you see that happen, professor.

Despite having every opportunity to "set me straight," to point out how it is that what I've posted is dumb and/or stupid, all you've been able to manage is to call me dumb and stupid. :

I honestly find it hard to believe that you haven't figured out what's wrong with your original statement by now.
I honestly don't believe you have a fucking clue as to what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure that all I've done is post something that you've judged "wrong" on some emotional basis, and having no valid reasons for such judgment, you simply declare me and the post to be stupid and dumb.

You know, like a retard.

It would be better for you not to use the word "retard" like that, you callous, inappropriate fucker. I understand that you are stupid, but at least try to have some character.

This has me cringing at my own levels of idiocy... and I have even been cracked in the head with the toilet tank today... :cuckoo: :eusa_shhh:

This has me cringing at my own levels of idiocy... and I have even been cracked in the head with the toilet tank today... :cuckoo: :eusa_shhh:

Must be an interesting story behind that!

Forum List

Back