My Childhood Brainwashing

One day you will get to tell all of this to God face to face. What then?

God and I will sit down and have a beer and I can tell him stories about the self righteous jerks that claim to worship him
It won't be God you will be drinking beer with. Let us know how boiling beer tastes.

Actually, God is a good guy and enjoys a good beer now and then. That is why he created them.

God finds that those who use his name to claim to be superior to others are undeserving of drinking beer with him

I wonder why so many find it comforting to criticize the beliefs of Christians?

Does it really matter what others believe?

Why can't you just live and let live?

Because Christianity is so incredibly powerful, and it is a huge obstacle to those who have an agenda that counters it.

Many atheists feel strongly compelled to proselytize.

Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus.

What are we, Moslems?

Arguing about other people religious beliefs is ANTI-AMERICAN.

If you don't like somebody's religion or non religion?

Suck it up and just move on.

Nobody CARES what you think about their religion or their lack of it.

Save your preaching for the choir to which you are a member.

Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus.

You might want to think about your 'citation' again, professor.

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...My grandmother telling me "OL' Scratch Will Get You."...my first recollections.

In grammar school I was required to memorize bible verses and pray. Wednesday night prayer meetings in Baptist or primitive Baptist churches. Prayers before every public event.

Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.

Well boo fuckin' hoo. Aren't you just the sad sack!

You might want to think about your 'citation' again, professor.

Ok. Thought it over; the crucifixion of Jesus is still an affront to reason and decency.

It started from my parents and grandparents when I was two...Add to that nearly forty years in the church until I finally gave up about 15 years ago and knew I wouldn't believe all that BS if I live to 100. 'Course that ain't that far away.
You've said you used to give testimony and teach sunday school. Now, you say you were wrong, and you're on a mission. You were pretty sure you were right back then, and you're pretty sure you're right now. Don't you think its possible that you're wrong now, just like you were wrong then? Are you sure enough of what you think to be telling others they should embrace your views?

I remember sitting in JR. High when the alarm would sound and the teacher would tell the sheep to go out in the hall and hide under a concrete shelf, simulation what to do when a nuke lands. I explained to the dumb **** in these very words.
"Woman, if a fucking nuclear bomb goes off we're dead meat anyway. I'm not going out there" Suspended yet again.

That's the kind of brainwashing the government has been doing all of my life. I worked at Oak Ridge, TN and they had an evacuation plan. Those of us who worked in the process knew that if there ever was a nuclear accident there wouldn't be anyone left to evacuate. We had one storage facility which contained Hydrogen Flouride stored in ten ton cylinders. There was enough there that if one had exploded the others would have also exploded and if our normal west wind prevailed anybody within a fifty mile wide tract all the way to the east coast would have been killed. 50ppm of that material will cause a sore throat. Exposure to 1000 ppm is usually fatal. That's just one example. In the forties and fifties the toxic chemicals involved in the process and the bi products were so ha ardous that as soon as they begin to reali e it they closed most of the facility down. That doesn't even consider the hundreds of tons of radioactive materials contained within the process itself.

Last edited:
Still missing the point, professor?
No. Not at all grasshopper.

Apparently so. Read your own statement again.
Ok. I will.
"Christianity, as most commonly practiced throughout history and all around the world, is an affront to reason and decency. I cite as evidence the crucifixion of Jesus."​
Yep. My citation appears to be spot on.

What's your problem with it?

I quit religion when I was 8.

I was forced to go to catechism (CCD) every Monday after school and I guess i was annoying the nun with all kinds of questions. She called in the priest who squeezed my face in his bony fingers and got right up in my grill and yelled, "You are not here to ask questions! You are here to listen and believe!"

I started skipping Monday CCD the very next week and haven't been in a church since.

As far as believing; I do not believe the god that the bible tells of exists.

If there is a supreme being then I have yet to see evidence proving that existence.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back