My cat got away

Turning loose a cat is like signing it's death warrant.
Not necessarily. It depends mainly on location and how contented the cat is with its home.

My neighbor has a big fat cat named Simon who goes outside on nice days. He doesn't stray from the lawn area and he rushes inside through his cat-port when other animals or strange humans approach.

He knows me, so I can pet him, but he's very wary of strangers.

Turning loose a cat is like signing it's death warrant.
Not necessarily. It depends mainly on location and how contented the cat is with its home.

My neighbor has a big fat cat named Simon who goes outside on nice days. He doesn't stray from the lawn area and he rushes inside through his cat-port when other animals or strange humans approach.

He knows me, so I can pet him, but he's very wary of strangers.
Most of my neighbors leave their cats out all of the time. I used to let mine go out whenever he wanted. Then he came back one day with a broken jaw. We had to feed him by hand for a few months because his jaw was wired shut. After he healed we let him out again all of the time. A year later he was on found my doorstep paralyzed from a broken pelvis. We had to put him to sleep. I don't let my cats out anymore.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .
I put some foods and water at the door outside. but Nothing.
I am so sad...:crybaby:
Your cat will be fine in the morning. She's just out being an alley cat. If she gets hungry she'll come home and appreciate being fed. She won't do it again for a long time.

They don't always come home. Eric the Cat ran away when he was 12 and I never saw him again.
This is why I never let my cats out. They can get run over.

Same. Eric the Cat managed to push the screen out of the living room window when I was putting the kids to bed one night. I didn't notice it until several hours later. Looked all over for him but he never did come home. :(

Your cat will be fine in the morning. She's just out being an alley cat. If she gets hungry she'll come home and appreciate being fed. She won't do it again for a long time.

They don't always come home. Eric the Cat ran away when he was 12 and I never saw him again.
not cats, you incarcerate. running over, you need not fear.
You must be wasted.
nope. i tried to emanate wisdom.

do not have a cat, if you cannot give it space.

Inside only cats live longer than inside out cats, on average.

Bonsoir, my cat got to the door and got away and did not come back i look everywhere for her .

So very sad when this happens.

You never know what happened.

Sometimes the cat gets lost and someone else adopts them.

Sometimes the cat gets killed by a car or a dog.

Sometimes the cat just leaves on their own and finds a new master.

not cats, you incarcerate. running over, you need not fear.
You must be wasted.
nope. i tried to emanate wisdom.

do not have a cat, if you cannot give it space.

Inside only cats live longer than inside out cats, on average.
Yes because there is danger outside in the real world.

But my cat is good about scrambling up trees if dogs show up.

And very good about looking both ways and hiding from cars coming when trying to cross the road.

Same. Eric the Cat managed to push the screen out of the living room window when I was putting the kids to bed one night. I didn't notice it until several hours later. Looked all over for him but he never did come home. :(
Someone else probably fed and adopted him then.

Well the sun should be up soon in France and then Dalia can go looking for her kitty again.

The early morning is very safe from cars and criminals, so it is a good time to go walking around the neighborhood for a lady.

For me, I can walk anywhere I want anytime I want, because there is nothing on this Earth that I cannot kill. But after midnight I get harassed by pole-eece a lot if I go out then with my cat or looking for him.

I often wondered if maybe he was sick and we didn't know it but he did, and he got out because he knew his time was up. I got him from a woman who lived by the zoo whose cat had kittens. Pretty sure the dad cat was a feral, as ETC displayed pretty wild behavior. Maybe the call of the wild got to him and he wanted to follow it.

I often wondered if maybe he was sick and we didn't know it but he did, and he got out because he knew his time was up. I got him from a woman who lived by the zoo whose cat had kittens. Pretty sure the dad cat was a feral, as ETC displayed pretty wild behavior. Maybe the call of the wild got to him and he wanted to follow it.

My first cat got lost too. I used to let him out daily, but one day I had to go to hospital. When I came back, he was gone, and none of my friends knew what happened to him. I never stopped wondering what happened to him.

You can make an announcement that you lost your cat on your computer, put a photo of the cat (black and white should be o.k. when printed) and contact information. Perhaps say you offer money if they help you (don't write how much, but maybe give them 10 or 20 Euros if they help you find your cat).

Then print several copies and stick them around the neighborhood.

You can make an announcement that you lost your cat on your computer, put a photo of the cat (black and white should be o.k. when printed) and contact information. Perhaps say you offer money if they help you (don't write how much, but maybe give them 10 or 20 Euros if they help you find your cat).

I would wait about a day or two before putting out fliers.

But by day 3, I would print and put up the fliers, yes.

If another neighbor has taken-in the cat then that neighbor may see the flier and call you.

In the USA we have a microchip implant procedure which is centralized in Florida.

They also send out emails to participants on a localized basis as well.

I get emails all the time about lost cats and dogs.

it seems to happen a lot.

I would wait about a day or two before putting out fliers.

But by day 3, I would print and put up the fliers, yes.

If another neighbor has taken-in the cat then that neighbor may see the flier and call you.

In the USA we have a microchip implant procedure which is centralized in Florida.

They also send out emails to participants on a localized basis as well.

I get emails all the time about lost cats and dogs.

it seems to happen a lot.

If you get those emails, then how often do cats get lost and not found?

Most of my neighbors leave their cats out all of the time. I used to let mine go out whenever he wanted. Then he came back one day with a broken jaw. We had to feed him by hand for a few months because his jaw was wired shut. After he healed we let him out again all of the time. A year later he was on found my doorstep paralyzed from a broken pelvis. We had to put him to sleep. I don't let my cats out anymore.
Wow. Two highly suspicious, major impact injuries. Any idea of the cause(s)?

I will advise anyone who has a cat that goes outside. If you care about the cat -- be sure to have it vaccinated against FLV. It is a very common, very contagious cat sickness and it is a killer.

Hello everyone, thank you for your messages of support, she did not come back ... one of my neighbors told me that he had seen her this morning French time, she was running on the sidewalk in the direction down Of the climb, this neighbor wanted to go to her, but she is fearful of nature, she does not like people, she ran away right away I was looking for her all day shouting her name. I put the litter out, food and water but it still has not come back. I died of anxiety and exhausted.

Forum List

Back