My business has exploded in the last 3 weeks

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
I have been swamped with people wanting to buy houses in the last 3 weeks.

Is there a realtor shortage?

4.625% 30 year fixed rate mortgages and an $8000 tax credit, and houses HALF what they were 3 years ago in many markets can do that to a market....

4.625% 30 year fixed rate mortgages and an $8000 tax credit, and houses HALF what they were 3 years ago in many markets can do that to a market....

the very fact that we have these incentives to buy houses means houses are overvalued

once the incentives are removed then you will find out what houses really are worth

Great, work your ass off while it lasts. I kind of like your line of work, I thought about selling houses some years ago.

The past year or so has been rough for you, I'm sure. Hopefully things will improve in the coming months. People I know have been hanging on to their homes until the market gets better.

the very fact that we have these incentives to buy houses means houses are overvalued

once the incentives are removed then you will find out what houses really are worth

true. They're still very overvalued. When the 19 million unoccupied homes get filled without any incentive from Washington, we'll see the true market value price.. which I'm guessing is around foreclosure prices.

true. They're still very overvalued. When the 19 million unoccupied homes get filled without any incentive from Washington, we'll see the true market value price.. which I'm guessing is around foreclosure prices.

This is why I am so pessimistic about the economy. It will be five years until housing even can begin to get back on even ground. Builders overbuilt so much because of a false demand brought on by speculators. It didn't create a little bubble; it created a monster bubble. Despite the sub-prime mortgage crisis, the even bigger problem was the fact that way too many homes were built to begin with.

Outside the Market - 19 million VACANT homes in U.S. in 2008 !!!!!

Forum List

Back