My 4th of July weekend plans. What are yours?

• Banned
I plan on doing a lot of sweating...
Yeah the heat is awful. They are saying it's going to be 97 the night of the concert.
They installed huge fans that blow ice cold mist a couple years back to help with the heat.
It will be brutal but two awesome artists make it worthwhile

• Banned
Like every 4th on the boat. Nine or 18 holes early morning, out on Lake Michigan afternoon and evening, in our slip come darkness from where we’ve got front row seats for Grand Haven MI’s fireworks display.

Sorta in a 4th of July rut but it’s always a fun one.

Like every 4th on the boat. Nine or 18 holes early morning, out on Lake Michigan afternoon and evening, in our slip come darkness from where we’ve got front row seats for Grand Haven MI’s fireworks display.

Sorta in a 4th of July rut but it’s always a fun one.
This will be the first year I haven't unloaded about 600 on fireworks. My grandson is gonna be out of town so I spent the money on concert tickets instead.

My 4th of July tradition is simple but nice and comfy: I do an all-American BBQ on my grill and then settle down with some ice-cold beers and watch the ScyFy's old Twilight Zone marathon, the most intelligent TV show in America's history to this day.

My area has a lot of forest, drought and dry brush so fireworks are illegal due to the extreme fire hazard (disappointing but understandable), so I would have a drive forever to see fireworks in person. So instead I keep my celebration a comfortable, homebody kind of thing.

Reviewing my options: I have to work the night of the 3-4 of July. Since the assholes from hell consider it their god-given right to set the woods on fire with their mini-munitions, there will be an inordinate amount of boom-flashers here, adjacent to my home. I'll sequester my big dog in the stock trailer with a supply of food and water because she's terrified of that shit. (Had to bail her out of the pound last 4oJ and she ran off to the neighbors New Year.) The puppy is in a kennel, so I'm not so worried about her. I just hope those inconsiderate enough don't set the woods on fire, burning my place to the ground and turning my livestock into BBQ.

Just got great news for our Friday night plans. Heatwave is supposed to break Thursday with storms through Friday morning then perfect mid 80's weather WITHOUT the humidity by concert time.

THANK GOD.

Only 2 more days of this ridiculous humidity.

20180706_181542_001.jpg

Decent seats

Attachments

• 20180706_181542_001.jpg
    20180706_181542_001.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Forum List

Back