Muslims raising money to rebuild burned churches

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Muslims offer help to Christians as they raise funds to rebuild burnt US churches

Rio Ribaya 09 July 2015

Email Print
More Sharing Services Share

Reuters
Firemen try to control a blaze at the Mt. Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church in Greeleyville, South Carolina, in this June 30, 2015 handout photo.

A group made up of different Muslim organisations has lit up a spark of hope for Christian communities who were affected by the recent spate of fires that razed predominantly African-American churches in the US.

The Arab American Association of New York (AAANY), Muslim Anti-Racism Collaborative, and digital startup Umah Wide joined forces to raise funds that will be used to rebuild at least eight churches in four states mostly in the South.

"All houses of worship are sanctuaries, a place where all should feel safe, a place we can seek refuge when the world is too much to bear," the campaign organisers said on their fund-raising page, according to the Arab American News.

~~~~~~~

How Muslim organizations are working together to rebuild Christian churches

SHARE TWEET EMAIL PRINT

In the wake of the recent string of fires that have destroyed predominantly black churches across the South, a number of Muslim organizations have come together in an effort to help rebuild.

~~~~~~~~~

Why Muslims are raising money for black churches destroyed by fire (+video)

I keep saying (hoping) that most of America is not like the racism we see here on this board. This story gives me hope.

Lots of young American blacks are turning their backs on white Christian ways and becoming Muslims

Last edited:
Lots of young American blacks are turning their backs on white Christian ways and becoming Muslims

What do you expect when people claiming to be Christians are producing most of the hate?

Ya, those Muslims are just sweethearts

This act is just a way for Muslims to get their foot in the door and recruit young blacks

The various 'interfaith' operations reveal how no one takes their theology seriously. If they did, they'd no more help one another than they'd help the worst blasphemer or apostate.

Islam calls Christians infidels and says to kill them. So how does an Islamic Imam justify helping them? That's isn't consistent with Islamic theology. I think it's a nice sensible thing to do, but at the same time see how they mustn't be taking their religion very seriously.

Good. We should do the same for them.

Glad to see some people dont expect the government to fix the problem.

If I had a church burned down and a Muslim organization offered my money to rebuild, I would graciously decline the offer, informing them that I could not accept money from the most violent religion on the planet.

If I had a church burned down and a Muslim organization offered my money to rebuild, I would graciously decline the offer, informing them that I could not accept money from the most violent religion on the planet.

Of course you wouldn't, because you're an idiot.

The pendulum swings both ways....you may all find this hard to believe but it was islam many years ago that was the tolerant one and the one that kept knowledge and understanding while the christian euros e was barbaric and intolerant of others esp strangers... Each group swings back and forth between these ways one should keep that in mind...The pendulum swings back and forth as history will attest...

Forum List

Back