Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

they have never been under threat and I am F*****g tired of you left wing types accusing us of actions that never happen and never will happen...

Soooooooo ... lemme get this straight....

You're obecting to being painted with a broad brush...... in the same post where you did exactly the same thing just two lines above....

Muslims are lucky they live here....muslims murdered 3000 people on 9/11

TWO LINES. Same post. The memory is the second thing to go.

Do you get the Extra Large Size Stupid Pills?

That is not painting with a broad brush that is the truth. Muslims live in the safest place in the world for muslims to be….especially from other muslims…fact. Muslims flew planes into government buildings on 9/11 and murdered over 3,000 people…also a fact.

And Christians committed all those abortion bombings, shootings, murders, arson, vandalism and anthrax attacks, most recently the shootings of random innocent people and a police officer less than a week ago in Colorado.

So what's your point?

[

The last hate crime data I saw indicated Jews are the most attacked religious group in America. But lets not let the facts get in anyone's way.

Speaking of not letting facts get in the way...let's look at them.

Will Jews continue to be the most attacked religious group - hate crimes against Jews have decreased while hate crimes against Muslims have increased. In the most recent reports hate crimes are down nationally EXCEPT against Muslms where it increased by 14%

Why is it so hard to acknowledge this? Why the need to pretend it doesn't happen? The same statistics that you use for hate crimes against Jews also show you this trend against Muslims. Is it because it's somehow "ok" in people's minds?

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

No sane person is suggesting violence against Islamic Americans. If you have specific evidence of a recent rash Muslim persecution in America please post specific links. Otherwise....it is a straw man argument.

Increase in hate crimes per FBI data are not strawman.

The real victims are the Christians and Jews murdered by the jihadist nut bags in Paris and California. That is where my concern lies and where your concern should lie. Thank you.

The real victims are anyone killed in those terrorist attacks not just the Christians and Jews. There were also 5 Muslims killed in the Paris attacks. I can't find data about other religions or non-religious.

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

No sane person is suggesting violence against Islamic Americans. If you have specific evidence of a recent rash Muslim persecution in America please post specific links. Otherwise....it is a straw man argument.

The real victims are the Christians and Jews murdered by the jihadist nut bags in Paris and California. That is where my concern lies and where your concern should lie. Thank you.

The real victims are anyone killed in those terrorist attacks not just the Christians and Jews. There were also 5 Muslims killed in the Paris attacks. I can't find data about other religions or non-religious.

So 3.8% of the people murdered by Jihadists in Paris were Muslim and 96.2% were not. Got it. :thup:

Jews are still the most attacked group via hate crime in the U.S. and no doubt throughout the world along with Christians. The genocide of Christians in the Middle East is horrific.

The actions of Muslim radical Jihadists around the world cannot be excused. Maybe the cowardly Gulf Arabs will address Jihadist elements within their societies, but I doubt it.

I don't like moral equivalencies as they are always false. That is what you are doing. And to be clear...I do not in anyway support the harassment of peaceful Muslims....but that issue pales in comparison to the murders committed by Jihadists around the world. I think if the Jihadists are exterminated the relatively minor problems you bring up will go away. Hopefully, Muslims around the world who do not support Jihad...(according to Pew Reseach about 67% worldwide) will actively go after the hateful elements within their religion. We can hope, but I am not holding my breath.

We are Americans.

So 3.8% of the people murdered by Jihadists in Paris were Muslim and 96.2% were not. Got it. :thup:

No. You don't. They're just as dead you know. And just as deserving of life.

Jews are still the most attacked group via hate crime in the U.S. and no doubt throughout the world along with Christians. The genocide of Christians in the Middle East is horrific.

Jews are only the most attacked religious group. Racial hate crimes and homosexual hate crimes surpass religious hate crimes as categories. And yes, as a religion, Jews are still the highest. But don't you think it matters that hate crimes against Jews are decreasing and hate crimes against Muslims are increasing? Why the need to pretend hate crimes against Muslims don't exist or don't matter but hate crimes against others do?

The actions of Muslim radical Jihadists around the world cannot be excused. Maybe the cowardly Gulf Arabs will address Jihadist elements within their societies, but I doubt it.

No one is excusing Muslim extremists or terrorists. You're building a strawman.

I don't like moral equivalencies as they are always false. That is what you are doing. And to be clear...I do not in anyway support the harassment of peaceful Muslims....but that issue pales in comparison to the murders committed by Jihadists around the world. I think if the Jihadists are exterminated the relatively minor problems you bring up will go away. Hopefully, Muslims around the world who do not support Jihad...(according to Pew Reseach about 67% worldwide) will actively go after the hateful elements within their religion. We can hope, but I am not holding my breath.

And to be clear, I do not in any way support or excuse extremism.

But I think Gracie said it best in another thread you started - the victims and effects of events like these go further than those directly effected and recognizing that is not a "moral equivalency" - it's recognizing a reality and probably a reality that could in turn feed ISIS' recruiting efforts if things get out of hand.

We are Americans.

Jews are only the most attacked religious group. Racial hate crimes and homosexual hate crimes surpass religious hate crimes as categories. And yes, as a religion, Jews are still the highest. But don't you think it matters that hate crimes against Jews are decreasing and hate crimes against Muslims are increasing? Why the need to pretend hate crimes against Muslims don't exist or don't matter but hate crimes against others do?

But I think Gracie said it best in another thread you started - the victims and effects of events like these go further than those directly effected and recognizing that is not a "moral equivalency" - it's recognizing a reality and probably a reality that could in turn feed ISIS' recruiting efforts if things get out of hand.

A Hateful ideology fuels ISIS...nothing more. Any direct action taken to address radical Islam is always called a "recruiting tool" by the left. That is a joke.

We are Americans.

A Hateful ideology fuels ISIS...nothing more. Any direct action taken to address radical Islam is always called a "recruiting tool" by the left. That is a joke.

I don't think it's that simple. Actions that disenfranchise people - like internment camps (to use an extreme and unlikely occurance) or an increase in hate crimes or marginalization could make ISIS' propoganda more seductive. Directly attacking ISIS would not.

What direct actions are you thinking of in "addressing radical Islam" ?

I don't think it's that simple. Actions that disenfranchise people - like internment camps (to use an extreme and unlikely occurance) or an increase in hate crimes or marginalization could make ISIS' propoganda more seductive. Directly attacking ISIS would not.

Kill them. All. To the last man, woman, and child. It is very simple. Radical jihad has declared war of the U.S. and the entire west. There is no negotiation.

What would you do....allow them to continue murdering innocents around the globe?

t was the demonic Left that immediately attempted to pin this guy on us,

Link?

I'm not saying all potheads are going to shoot up an abortion clinic, but this one did.

You don't have a "pothead". You have a demented website selling partisan hack speculation shit to the gullible and you opened wide for it.

Don't post with your mouth full.
Now you'll know why I and others ignore any request for a link from you. I'll never again give you one.

You have a dim grasp of Islamic history if you think Muslims need the US as an excuse for violence.

You have a dim grasp of Islamic history if you think Muslims need the US as an excuse for violence.

That's not what I was saying. One of ISIS strengths is it's sophisticated recuiting methods and actions that disenfranchise Muslim Americans (just as one example) would strengthen their propoganda.

Kill them. All. To the last man, woman, and child. It is very simple. Radical jihad has declared war of the U.S. and the entire west. There is no negotiation.

What would you do....allow them to continue murdering innocents around the globe?

Yes, she would.

We are Americans.

Er..how many of those were the suicides?

Good grief you're pathetic.

That's not what I was saying. One of ISIS strengths is it's sophisticated recuiting methods and actions that disenfranchise Muslim Americans (just as one example) would strengthen their propoganda.
Bullshit. Using hate and violence to seduce the like minded works with any theme. Nobody enticed the newly formed nation of Pakistan to gather up the remaining ethnic Hindus and slaughter them and send the bodies to India on a freight train. They did it because they love violence and Islam is a culture of violence. You people seriously blind yourself to how evil this belief system is.

Bullshit. Using hate and violence to seduce the like minded works with any theme. Nobody enticed the newly formed nation of Pakistan to gather up the remaining ethnic Hindus and slaughter them and send the bodies to India on a freight train. They did it because they love violence and Islam is a culture of violence. You people seriously blind yourself to how evil this belief system is.

This is where you need to brush up on history. Hindu's, Sikhs, and Muslims were all fighting in the partition and the violence and bloodshed was widespread and multi-religious/multi-ethnic.

Letter: Massacres at the partition of India

The pendulum of death and destruction swung, over a period of many months both before and after 15 August 1947, across the whole of northern India from Calcutta to Kabul, and back again. During those months death was everywhere: in the towns and cities, in the thousands of villages, on the trains, on the roads. One of my duties in the railway police was to meet refugee trains, usually at Amritsar, coming in from newly created Pakistan.

The carnage on these trains was beyond belief - to men, women and down to the smallest infants. The trains were packed with thousands upon thousands of dead bodies, and many more were strewn along the track sides. The same thing was happening in the opposite direction, where trains taking refugees out of India were, with the connivance of the railway staff, being deliberately derailed so that the passengers could easily be massacred. There was a madness in the air that was almost tangible.

This is where you need to brush up on history. Hindu's, Sikhs, and Muslims were all fighting in the partition and the violence and bloodshed was widespread and multi-religious/multi-ethnic.

The pendulum of death and destruction swung, over a period of many months both before and after 15 August 1947, across the whole of northern India from Calcutta to Kabul, and back again. During those months death was everywhere: in the towns and cities, in the thousands of villages, on the trains, on the roads. One of my duties in the railway police was to meet refugee trains, usually at Amritsar, coming in from newly created Pakistan.

The carnage on these trains was beyond belief - to men, women and down to the smallest infants. The trains were packed with thousands upon thousands of dead bodies, and many more were strewn along the track sides. The same thing was happening in the opposite direction, where trains taking refugees out of India were, with the connivance of the railway staff, being deliberately derailed so that the passengers could easily be massacred. There was a madness in the air that was almost tangible.
Wrong. It didn't go both ways:

Direct Action Day of 1946: Muslim Slaughter of Hindus and Sikhs

Pretending youre not insane, how do you propose you go about killing all muslims?

Last edited:
Just checking in to see if there has been any violence committed against muslims since the muslims in CA went on their killing spree

Wrong. It didn't go both ways:

Direct Action Day of 1946: Muslim Slaughter of Hindus and Sikhs

That source is way off, or at least extremely one sided. There is no way you can claim the violence and massacres didn't go both ways - there is massive evidence that it did.

Partition Of India And Pakistan: The Rape Of Women On An Epic, Historic Scale
Hyderabad 1948: India's hidden massacre - BBC News
Unheard cries: atrocities in Patiala, 1947

Forum List

Back