Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

As they should. There are walking targets for the New Crusaders off to their Holy War, for Jesus.

Luke 23:34

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

You go ahead and grieve for the inconveniences suffered by this Mrs. Nagbool....who is now afraid to get out of her car in Chicago* and pray toward Mecca...like she usually does.

Us Sane Americans will grieve for the dead left behind by Mr. & Mrs. Farook...the murderous Muslims in California..

No more Muslims in America for now....Suspend all immigration...we have quite enough for now, thank you.

*(By the way, I would be afraid to get out of my car at all in most of Chicago.)

So Farook is the face of terrorism. Well better him than her. She looks like the ### end of a cement truck.
I hope all Arab women ain't that ugly.
Well PMH likes her. LOL

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

We are Americans.

Its a damn shame people cant live their lives because of some inbred. backwood. ignorants that are afraid of muslims.

Its a damn shame 14 people in San Bernidino cant live their lives because of some deviated lunatic Muslims who filled them full of bulitts because they are Americans.

We are Americans.

Its a damn shame 14 people in San Bernidino cant live their lives because of some deviated lunatic Muslims who filled them full of bulitts because they are Americans.

And it's a damn shame 3 people in Colorado.... as well as as several hundred people all over the country ... can't live their lives because of some deviated lunatic Christians who did the same thing.

Sad thing is that condemning the extremists is not going to do much to protect them from the idiots. My muslim neighbor and I talked and he knows he can send his family to my home if something goes down.

No it won't. And when hearing it coming out of the mouths of politicians running for election is enough to validate it for some people. Very bad situation for Americans all around - very good situation for ISIS.

We are Americans.

Yes it is a shame they were killed. I'm guessing there are more than 14 muslims in the US though. BTW its "bullets" not "bulitts" and one of the shooters was an american.

You go ahead and grieve for the inconveniences suffered by this Mrs. Nagbool....who is now afraid to get out of her car in Chicago* and pray toward Mecca...like she usually does.

Us Sane Americans will grieve for the dead left behind by Mr. & Mrs. Farook...the murderous Muslims in California..

No more Muslims in America for now....Suspend all immigration...we have quite enough for now, thank you.

*(By the way, I would be afraid to get out of my car at all in most of Chicago.)

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...alls-attack-a-hate-crime/stories/201511290154

Poor things..................got their feelings hurt..................

Um.............14 Americans have no more feelings about it..............They are dead............cry me a river...............perhaps they should have controlled their dang relatives......................

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...alls-attack-a-hate-crime/stories/201511290154

Long boring article giving only one side of the tale....one which I wish I hadn't wasted my time on..but I suppose we can agree that driving a taxi in one of those rotting liberal cities in the North.....is a hazardous occupation.

How will you stop Converts within our borders?

We are Americans.

I feel the same way when someone like the Aurora, Colorado shooter kills innocent people.

I feel the same way when someone like the Planned Parenthood Clinic shooter killed those three people.

I felt the same way when Tim McVeigh blew up OKC.

Too bad they were not DEVIATED LUNATIC MUSLIMS!

Forum List

Back