Muslims Hate and Kill Palestinian Christians

The majority of the conflicts around the world are, at their heart, a conflict over who controls scarce resources and in the Middle East, , who has access to it, and who controls that access - water is very much a scarce resource and effects national security so I'm not surprised it would generate conflict.

ill go with that being a contributing factor...

in my opinion the majority of conflicts around the world and throughout time...... are all religion based.

I will broaden that one to IDEOLOGY based------religion being a subset of
the more broad category IDEOLOGY

ill go with that too..

religion is for idiots. :lol:

Israel has long coveted the Litani River in Lebanon.

THAT Is a known and documented fact.

The majority of the conflicts around the world are, at their heart, a conflict over who controls scarce resources and in the Middle East, , who has access to it, and who controls that access - water is very much a scarce resource and effects national security so I'm not surprised it would generate conflict.

in my opinion the majority of conflicts around the world and throughout time...... are all religion based.

I think religion is one of the reasons but not the main reason. Religion in many cases an identity - and just as often that identity might be tribal, ethnic or religious. Ultimately I think most conflicts can be traced to who controls what: land, water, newly discovered mineral or petroleum reserves. When you have a weak or corrupt central authority national identification no longer offers security in conflict, but religious or tribal or ethnic relationships do. I think a good example is in Sudan and South Sudan which endured a brutal 20-yr civil war and is now undergoing yet another internal conflict in South Sudan. The initial conflict that led to the splitting of the country was a result of bad post-colonial policies, unequal government treatment between the north and the south, ethnic/religious/tribal differences and resources, particularly oil discovered in the north/south border areas. Southern Sudan has erupted into further conflict and it's not religion. Anyway - that's my opinion. I think if you track a conflict historically, quite often religion is a mask for deeper issues.

I will broaden that one to IDEOLOGY based------religion being a subset of
the more broad category IDEOLOGY

Wow. I actually agree with Rosie on that. Don't worry. Won't happen again.

From about 1953 the Israelis coveted the fertile soil and rivers of Lebanon.. There were many incursions into Lebanon with backhoes and dump trucks.. and armed soldiers in pick up trucks that followed. They were small massacres of farm families who ran at them screaming... armed with shovels and hoes.

I used to listen to the BBC and VOA in Arabia..

Read Moshe Dayan.. he details the provocations that they implemented over a period of years to justify an invasion of Lebanon.

Its hardly a tribute to the people who were to be a light unto the world.

thanks for yet another chapter in THE ANNALS OF ISLAMO NAZI CRAP----

-------in fact there was some sort of issue about SYRIA and the GOLAN HEIGHTS---
but never lebanon------try to get your act together. The story about shipping
soil out of Lebanon-----is -----something even sheherazade would find humorous

Interestingly enough-----the southern part of Lebanon is NOTORIOUSLY so
INFERTILE and LACKING IN WATER------that there is no farming or industry there
at all------even drinking water for the hezbollah's civilian shields has to be SHIPPED
in ----in bottles. the area south of the Litani river that borders Israel is a
WASTE LAND--------take a nap SHAAR you are losing it

Is it "Islamo-Nazi crap"? That seems to be your signature stamp of disapproval.

I haven't read Moshe Dayan, so can't comment on that - however, it's relatively easy to look up info on Lebenon.

Their primary agricultural area is the Beqaa Valley which runs along the east from north to south.

Beqaa Valley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From the 1st century BC, when the region was part of the Roman Empire, the Beqaa Valley served as a source of grain for the Roman provinces of the Levant. Today the valley makes up 40 percent of Lebanon's arable land. The northern end of the valley, with its scarce rainfall and less fertile soils, is used primarily as grazing land by pastoral nomads, mostly migrants from the Syrian Desert. Farther south, more fertile soils support crops of wheat, corn, cotton, and vegetables, with vineyards and orchards centered around Zahlé. The valley also produces hashish and cultivates opium poppies, which are exported as part of the illegal drug trade. Since 1957 the Litani hydroelectricity project—a series of canals and a dam located at Lake Qaraoun in the southern end of the valley—has improved irrigation to farms in Beqaa Valley.

From historical times, it does sound like agricultural land to be much coveted.

try again the Beqaa valley and the wastelands south of the Litani
river AIN't THE SAME PLACE as nice as is the Beqaa valley-----it is
something that Israel could never hold-----it is located an a valley
convenient to hill tops between Lebanon and Syria---from which
your colleagues could easily simply toss bombs or shoot at the heads of
jews below as a Hobby. In fact right now----both sides seem to be
shooting at Syrian refugees huddled right there in that self same
valley ----------as a jew----I will assert-----even for a free fig tree---
I would not move into the Beqaa valley Israel would be better off
trying to occupy a rice paddy in North Korea

Israel Wants the Litani River Water and Farmlands

"The fact that Israel is trying to destroy all of Lebanon, not just Hezbollah, is clear by their bombing of Christian villages and other infrastructure that has nothing to do with Hezbollah.What Israel really wants is control of Lebanon by a puppet government, but also covets the Litani River and the lands it irrigates--very good cropland that is the heart of the Bekka Valley, which is the heart of Lebanese agriculture. Israel also wants the electricity the dams and the Litani generate--so that they may use this for more of their "settlements" and, just like Hitler, they want this area but use different names for their taking of the land of others.Display Entry Page
'TodaysAlternativeNews' by Sam Hamod?
You complain about others links but you Drool up more Biased/parochial/Ma'an links than ANYONE else.

It seems to me that if Israel really wanted the Litani river, they were fully capable of taking and holding Many times since 1948.

`

Last edited:
Gaza Christians long for days before Hamas cancelled Christmas
Since the Palestinian Authority left the Gaza Strip, festive celebrations and displays of crucifixes have become taboo
Phoebe Greenwood in Gaza City
Gaza Christians long for days before Hamas cancelled Christmas | World news | theguardian.com

When the Latin patriarch came to Gaza's Holy Family church to celebrate Christmas mass last week, he instructed a full house of Catholic and Orthodox families to pray for reconciliation. As the archbishop, Fouad Twal, stood at the lectern in Gaza City, Fatah and Hamas leaders were meeting in Cairo attempting to mend differences that have divided the Palestinian factions for four years and rendered Gaza a besieged Islamist enclave.

Of the 1.5 million Palestinians now living in the Gaza Strip, fewer than 1,400 are Christian and those who can are leaving. The church hopes reconciliation will bring them back.

There hasn't been a Christmas tree in Gaza City's main square since Hamas pushed the Palestinian Authority out of Gaza in 2007 and Christmas is no longer a public holiday.

Imad Jelda is an Orthodox Christian who runs a youth training centre in Gaza City. With unemployment hovering at 23%, he has seen young Christian men leave to study and work abroad in their droves. "People here do not celebrate Christmas anymore because they are nervous," Jelda said. "The youth in particular have a fear inside themselves."

Karam Qubrsi, 23, and his younger brother Peter, 21, are the eldest sons in one of Gaza's 55 remaining Catholic families. Both wear prominent wooden crucifixes. "Jesus tells me, 'if you can't carry my cross, you don't belong to me,'" Peter explained. It's a demonstration of faith that has caused him some trouble.

He describes being stopped in the street by a Hamas official who told him to remove the cross. "I told him it's not his business and that I wouldn't," Peter said. After being threatened with arrest he was eventually let go, but the incident scared him.
[.......]

Egypt Christians In Crossfire After Clashes Kill Dozens (UPDATE)
Monday, January 27, 2014 (2:54 pm)

By BosNewsLife Middle East Service

CAIRO, EGYPT (BosNewsLife)-- Egypt's minority Christians faced new threats Monday, January 27, after scores of people were killed in weekend clashes between security forces and protesters on the third anniversary of the country's 2011 uprising.

Most people were killed Saturday, January 25, the official date of the popular revolt that toppled autocrat Hosni Mubarak. Witnesses said deadly fighting erupted between police and supporters of deposed President Mohamed Morsi and some non-Islamist protesters in several parts of the country.

Forum List

Back