Murphy/Merkeley bill offers Medicare to anyone who would like to join

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this enjoys massive public support. make it law now.

DbEwYb1VQAEmOnx.jpg

A lot of doctors don't even take Medicare anymore. And I suppose this would be paid for with Monopoly money?

I medicare was such a great idea they wouldn't have had to make it mandatory. I paid medicare taxes and never plan to use a penny of it.

The problem with government programs is they only pay part of the bill for their patients. Medicare for example will pay about 2/3 of the bill. Not so bad for a doctors visit, but major surgery can mean major losses for personnel and facilities.

So they increase prices to recoup those losses. Private pay and private insurance makes up the difference. But what would happen if there are no longer private pay and private insurance patients? Who will make up those losses?

That's what's been happening in the inner-cities for the last couple of decades. Most of their customers were government patients and little to no private to recoup the losses, so many closed down.

If we are going to have these government programs, then they have to be funded. While medical care has been going up every year for as long as I can remember, I can't even think back to a time when our contributions to Medicare increased.

Conservatives will now self appoint themselves to the 'death panels' here and like vibrating triggers whine about how Americans should be allowed to die in the street.

Aaaaand, GO!

I medicare was such a great idea they wouldn't have had to make it mandatory. I paid medicare taxes and never plan to use a penny of it.

Are you planning on paying for your heart bypass surgery out of pocket?

What makes you think I need a heart bypass surgery?

Wow, nothing like being ready for the unexpected.

What makes you think I'm not ready? Had an oblation for atrial fibrillation, no medicare and didn't cost me a dime.

How do you know you won't? That is the purpose of insurance.

No, that's the purpose of the VA in my case.

my mothers hip replacement was damn near free .. St Joseph Hospital here has a complete staff of Drs who jump at the chance to accept medicare.

a friend just had his knee replaced in Dallas using medicare ...

nobody treats medicare patients is bull.

What makes you think I'm not ready? Had an oblation for atrial fibrillation, no medicare and didn't cost me a dime.

Did you go to see a doctor or a priest?

I think the overall point is surprises can happen.

First class doctor. He teaches cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine.

I think the overall point is surprises can happen.

I got people for that.

So why would he treat you for free? And why did you use the word oblation as a medical term when it is more associated with religion. You had me thinking your tachycardia was arrested by faith healing.

So why would he treat you for free? And why did you use the word oblation as a medical term when it is more associated with religion. You had me thinking your tachycardia was arrested by faith healing.

My bad, misspelled it. Ablation.

Catheter Ablation | National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI)

Oh and he didn't treat me for free, you paid for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back