Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

I can forgive them for hacking into her phone, I can forgive them for listening to her messages, but deleting possible evidence? The person responsible should to jailtime.

No. There is no forgiveness, because deleting evidence wasn't the problem. The NoW reporter was deleting messages to make room for more. The unforgivable and despicable point about this was that when Milly Dowler's phone became active, it gave investigating police the false premise that it was HER using the phone and that she must therefore be alive! These fucking pond life journos clearly had no regard for giving the police and parents false hope. There only concern was a fucking story!

And who was the editor at this time? The only person to escape unscathed and keep her job...Rebekah Brooks! The woman who was denying phone hacking by News International as far back as 2009! In a corporation, responsibilty is top down...not bottom up!
Oh really?

Phone hacking: Police probe suspected deletion of emails by NI executive | Media | The Guardian

Oh really, what? You make a rather inane comment, which I assume to be a lame attempt at facetiousness, and link to an article about company emails missing from the corporate archive. Have you any idea at all to what my post was referring or are you attempting to prove yourself an expert on the subject. If so...fucking huge fail, mate.

Last edited:
I can forgive them for hacking into her phone, I can forgive them for listening to her messages, but deleting possible evidence? The person responsible should to jailtime.

No. There is no forgiveness, because deleting evidence wasn't the problem. The NoW reporter was deleting messages to make room for more. The unforgivable and despicable point about this was that when Milly Dowler's phone became active, it gave investigating police the false premise that it was HER using the phone and that she must therefore be alive! These fucking pond life journos clearly had no regard for giving the police and parents false hope. There only concern was a fucking story!

And who was the editor at this time? The only person to escape unscathed and keep her job...Rebekah Brooks! The woman who was denying phone hacking by News International as far back as 2009! In a corporation, responsibilty is top down...not bottom up!
Oh really?

Phone hacking: Police probe suspected deletion of emails by NI executive | Media | The Guardian

Well Colin..... :confused:

Oh really?

Well what? Do we have yet another example here of people trying to comment on a situation they haven't bothered to read up on and attempt to understand.

Well what? Do we have yet another example here of people trying to comment on a situation they haven't bothered to read up on and attempt to understand.

Again, I feel I should apologize for the blatant stupidity of some of my fellow Americans. I can only offer the suggestion that they may be very, very short people - and so the point went over their heads.

Oh really?

You're talking about a different set of 'deletions'. The ones that Colin is referring to are the ones that created the backlash of the British against the NotW.... the FACT that NotW journalists deleted messages from the voicemail of a missing teenager, Milly Dowler. The act of deleting those messages from her voicemail led the police - and Milly's family - to believe that she was still alive. They interfered with the investigation, and caused her family even more anguish.

Try to keep up, and pay attention, instead of trying to play 'gotcha'. idiot.

Again, I feel I should apologize for the blatant stupidity of some of my fellow Americans. I can only offer the suggestion that they may be very, very short people - and so the point went over their heads.

Lol! No need to apologize on their behalf Cali. We all have our share of halfwits. Unfortunately, at the moment, USMB seems to have rather a disproportionate share of them.

You're talking about a different set of 'deletions'. The ones that Colin is referring to are the ones that created the backlash of the British against the NotW.... the FACT that NotW journalists deleted messages from the voicemail of a missing teenager, Milly Dowler. The act of deleting those messages from her voicemail led the police - and Milly's family - to believe that she was still alive. They interfered with the investigation, and caused her family even more anguish.

I do believe they don't even bother to read half of what is being posted before they start flapping their gobs. Of course, it doesn't matter to them since it seems their prime objective is attempting to score points. The problem is, one has to appear half intelligent to be able to do that!

I do believe they don't even bother to read half of what is being posted before they start flapping their gobs. Of course, it doesn't matter to them since it seems their prime objective is attempting to score points. The problem is, one has to appear half intelligent to be able to do that!

It is a classic example of "It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it".

Fact of the matter is, very few Americans will understand exactly what has happened, and the impact of it, because they do not understand the British media. They, generally, assume that all press operates like the US press - and they do not.

If we are very, very lucky, some of them will research the subject and comment thoughtfully.... but I don't hold out a lot of hope. They will apply the US Constitution to your laws regarding media reporting. Or... as is happening here - they will be convinced that it's a left/right issue.... because they're not smart enough to put party politics aside, put US law aside, and apply some logic.

One thing about Britain's press laws that I like is your sub judice laws. You don't end up with the embarrassingly stupid 'trial by media' that we have. It guards your justice system much better than our media does with ours. Kudos to Britain for that.

It is a classic example of "It is better to say nothing and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it".

Fact of the matter is, very few Americans will understand exactly what has happened, and the impact of it, because they do not understand the British media. They, generally, assume that all press operates like the US press - and they do not.

If we are very, very lucky, some of them will research the subject and comment thoughtfully.... but I don't hold out a lot of hope. They will apply the US Constitution to your laws regarding media reporting. Or... as is happening here - they will be convinced that it's a left/right issue.... because they're not smart enough to put party politics aside, put US law aside, and apply some logic.

One thing about Britain's press laws that I like is your sub judice laws. You don't end up with the embarrassingly stupid 'trial by media' that we have. It guards your justice system much better than our media does with ours. Kudos to Britain for that.

Yeh, I hear what you're saying, but I think most make the effort to understand a situation and post accordingly. It's the usual hacks who don't bother to understand before spouting off, but they're the only ones who look stupid.

Yes, the sub judice laws are rigidly applied, which in my opinion is a good thing. It ensures a fair and unbiased trial. You'd never get away with the 'perp walk' here.

Right wingers love Murdoch. And everything he stands for. They have the same ethics. The same values. He talks for them.

What a surprise! The partisan hacks even manage to spout their shit in a thread about a British newspaper. Fucking idiot!

You're the idiot, moron. That British paper is also owned by the owner of Fox. Only a sap, such as yourself, could possibly believe he would support those tactics there but not here.

Does everything have to be explained to the right? No wonder all their policies fail. They lack problem solving ability or, as some say, the ability to connect the dots.

Right wingers love Murdoch. And everything he stands for. They have the same ethics. The same values. He talks for them.

What a surprise! The partisan hacks even manage to spout their shit in a thread about a British newspaper. Fucking idiot!

You're the idiot, moron. That British paper is also owned by the owner of Fox. Only a sap, such as yourself, could possibly believe he would support those tactics there but not here.

Does everything have to be explained to the right? No wonder all their policies fail. They lack problem solving ability or, as some say, the ability to connect the dots.

I can see why everyone regards you as the board's prize twat!

You gotta admit, their fucked up 'logic' is really funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Amazing ain't it. How some can turn a thread about the closure of a British newspaper into a left versus right argument about US politics! :lol: RDean would best be advised to stay inside that parochial bubble of his, lest he makes himself look an ever bigger twat than everyone gave him credit for.

Amazing ain't it. How some can turn a thread about the closure of a British newspaper into a left versus right argument about US politics! :lol: RDean would best be advised to stay inside that parochial bubble of his, lest he makes himself look an ever bigger twat than everyone gave him credit for.

It sure is. I said earlier, the hacks will completely ignore the different laws governing the British press and not just jump to conclusions.... they'll throw themselves off a fucking cliff in their desperation to link this to Fox. It's funny.... but really rather pathetic.

It sure is. I said earlier, the hacks will completely ignore the different laws governing the British press and not just jump to conclusions.... they'll throw themselves off a fucking cliff in their desperation to link this to Fox. It's funny.... but really rather pathetic.

True, but it's always a bonus to have someone to laugh at!

True, but it's always a bonus to have someone to laugh at!

Don't know if you watch Question Time, but last night one of the panel raised the issue of government regulating the press and talking about how, in order to ensure impartiality, that the UK should look at the US Constitution as a way forward. I thought that was an interesting comment. Should they decide to work with that, I sincerely hope that you guys keep your sub judice laws in place. I would hate to see Britain trying people in the media the way we do.... it is far too easy to 'convict' people on 'facts' that turn out not to be true.

So are you the board's Tory or what :confused:

Game over conservatives/Tories:
According to legal sources close to the police inquiry, a senior executive is believed to have deleted 'massive quantities' of the archive on two separate occasions, leaving only a small fraction to be disclosed. One of the alleged deletions is said to have been made at the end of January this year, just as Scotland Yard was launching Operation Weeting, its new inquiry into the affair.

The allegation directly contradicts repeated claims from News International that it is co-operating fully with police in order to expose its history of illegal news-gathering. It is likely to be seen as evidence that the company could not pass a 'fit and proper person' test for its proposed purchase of BSkyB.
:eusa_boohoo:

So are you the board's Tory or what :confused:

Well, we can state, without fear, that you are just not getting this at all, can't we?

You do realize the cover up started under the Labor (left wing) government?

You are aware that the investigation is not restricted to the NotW, or even just the News Corp stable? A bunch of other British tabloids are also being investigated for the same tactics.

Get the fuck over it.... this time, it is not about left wing or right wing, labor or conservatives.... it is about the ethics (or the lack thereof) of British tabloid journalists.

Forum List

Back