Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

I doubt Murdoch did know...not his style....

yeah. 'Plausible deniability' just like Reagan in Iran- Contra :rolleyes: He's still ultimately responsible, IMHO, as its his company.

It reminded me of Reagan lying about Iran Contra.

"Well, I simple don't remember."

They paid out millions in hush money.

You can't tell me Murdoch didn't know where every PENNY went.

Somebody will turn and implicate the Murdochs.

Maybe Rebekah.

I did not think of that. Yeah. That amount of money just isn't handed-out by someone like Murdoch w/o close scrutiny to the amounts. Good point.

I just don't get it why people are so fixed on this tabloid tale. zzzzzz

That's because you are from Texas.

Billionaire media empire on the verge of collapse because of wiretapping, police payoffs, and government official blackmail at the highest levels of government including prime ministers from both parties?

Nothing to see here....move along.....

Billionaire media empire on the verge of collapse because of wiretapping, police payoffs, and government official blackmail at the highest levels of government including prime ministers from both parties?

On the verge of collapse? :lol: How naive you are!

On the verge of collapse? :lol: How naive you are!

Liberal Logic at its finest. :lol:

Personally, I think it's unlikely that either James or Rupert knew what was going on. They're both far too high up the food chain, neither had a day to day eye on the running of NotW, that was Brooks.

She played her 'poor little me' role quite well yesterday.... no team of lawyers, no make up, the 'sleepless' look down to a tee. Classic. Clashes somewhat with her reputation as a ball breaker CEO who cared more about power than professionalism.

Murdoch said today was the most humble day of his life.

I guess that's why he got some Humble Pie in the face.

Decent human beings would call that assault on him a disgrace. He's over 80, for goodness sake. You think it's ok to physically assault someone just because you dislike who he is? Freak.

The moron partisans are having a wet dream that they can silence Fox, that's all there is to it.

You're right there... for Americans, this should be of no real interest. For the British, however, it's a Biden.... a big fucking deal.

This isn't about News Int being unique in illegal practices. This is about tabloid journalists from across the spectrum of organisations breaking the law to get a 'story'.

You're right there... for Americans, this should be of no real interest. For the British, however, it's a Biden.... a big fucking deal.

This isn't about News Int being unique in illegal practices. This is about tabloid journalists from across the spectrum of organisations breaking the law to get a 'story'.

It's a big deal, and the guilty should go to jail - I've held this position all along. It just has nothing to do with Fox. Murdoch will suffer financially - but he had no involvement. Corporate Chairmen simply don't go out on the street and bribe sources - regardless of what hack partisan nutjobs like Chris claim.

The moron partisans are having a wet dream that they can silence Fox, that's all there is to it.

Jon Stewart slam dunked the above baloney last night showing the difference between Foxnews covering this and Foxnews going hysterical over the NPR 'scandals'.

I doubt Murdoch did know...not his style....

yeah. 'Plausible deniability' just like Reagan in Iran- Contra :rolleyes: He's still ultimately responsible, IMHO, as its his company.

This is such good news that you realize this. Now when Fast and Furious goes down we can hold Obama and Holder responsible and you won't bitch about it will you?

Jon Stewart slam dunked the above baloney last night showing the difference between Foxnews covering this and Foxnews going hysterical over the NPR 'scandals'.

Thankfully, Jon Stewart has an audience of drooling, partisan hacks. With the average IQ of a "Daily Show" viewer hoovering in the low 70's, none grasped that NPR is domestic, US Press - paid for by the tax payer - whereas NotW was a British Tabloid that never received a dime from US Taxpayers.

BUT this is why Stewart viewers turn to a comedian for their news - because they're fucking stupid.

BUT this is why Stewart viewers turn to a comedian for their news - because they're fucking stupid.
I don't think you really believe that Stewart's audience is any stupider than Rush's audience do you? People turn to Stewart for the same reason people turn to Rush...because he gives them their moral outrage fix. Feeling like you're right, and the other guys are evil, is a vey addicitve endorphin rush, especially when you feel like people agree with you.

Being made furious enough to impune and entire audience of people you don't know, for what they believe, should be kind of a red flag for anyone who values logic, critical thinking, or just plain common sense. There is brilliance and stupidity on both sides.

Last edited:

Thankfully, Jon Stewart has an audience of drooling, partisan hacks. With the average IQ of a "Daily Show" viewer hoovering in the low 70's, none grasped that NPR is domestic, US Press - paid for by the tax payer - whereas NotW was a British Tabloid that never received a dime from US Taxpayers.

The reason why there are no right wing comedians is because comedy requires an element of truth.

Forum List

Back