Murders of environmental activists rose 20 percent in 2014

Ya know there's a lot left out of the article, one thing is it mentions police killed some during protests, doesn't say if the protest was peaceful or violent, if it was violent were those killed really environmental activists or radical instigators with no affiliation with environmental groups/causes. Heck, the article raises even more questions unless the goal was to upset and impassion readers to act not think. :dunno:

When indigenous peoples are killed for defending their lands (Honduras alone has seen 101 such deaths between 2010 and 2014), I think everyone should be upset. But then, when we look at what was/is done to our own indigenous people and their lands, it is hardly surprising that we see the kind of spurious, inconsiderate responses we've seen in this thread.
Call it what you want but people die every day, some peacefully, some violently, we may not like it but shit happens. People have been killing and dieing from time immemorial for causes, don't see that stopping anytime soon, such is the nature of the human beast. If I got upset over all the people who die everyday I'd be an angry screwed up mess, no thanks.
Also, my point was the story, and stats like you just mentioned are snippets of events and never tell the whole story. :dunno:
Oh and my grandfather was full blood Ojibwa (Chippewa)......... Yeah, I know about what happened to the indigenous peoples of North and South America.

Ya know there's a lot left out of the article, one thing is it mentions police killed some during protests, doesn't say if the protest was peaceful or violent, if it was violent were those killed really environmental activists or radical instigators with no affiliation with environmental groups/causes. Heck, the article raises even more questions unless the goal was to upset and impassion readers to act not think. :dunno:

When indigenous peoples are killed for defending their lands (Honduras alone has seen 101 such deaths between 2010 and 2014), I think everyone should be upset. But then, when we look at what was/is done to our own indigenous people and their lands, it is hardly surprising that we see the kind of spurious, inconsiderate responses we've seen in this thread.
Call it what you want but people die every day, some peacefully, some violently, we may not like it but shit happens. People have been killing and dieing from time immemorial for causes, don't see that stopping anytime soon, such is the nature of the human beast. If I got upset over all the people who die everyday I'd be an angry screwed up mess, no thanks.
Also, my point was the story, and stats like you just mentioned are snippets of events and never tell the whole story. :dunno:
Oh and my grandfather was full blood Ojibwa (Chippewa)......... Yeah, I know about what happened to the indigenous peoples of North and South America.

And you appear to be okay with it. That's on you, dude.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

- Edmund Burke

- Edmund Burke
it's amazing how many conservatives mischaracterize that statement.

- Edmund Burke
Never said I was okay with it, you pulled that one out of your ass, just pointing out some facts of life.

- Edmund Burke
Conservative..... got it...... I suppose that means that anyone who doesn't toe the line you've drawn is a conservative, (most likely meaning far right reationary). :dunno:

- Edmund Burke
Never said I was okay with it, you pulled that one out of your ass, just pointing out some facts of life.

erm, you said, and I quote:

"Call it what you want but people die every day, some peacefully, some violently, we may not like it but shit happens. People have been killing and dieing from time immemorial for causes, don't see that stopping anytime soon, such is the nature of the human beast. If I got upset over all the people who die everyday I'd be an angry screwed up mess, no thanks."

Seems to me that you were telling us that you were okay with it. And please, while you are backtracking, explain to us how and why killing people defending their lands should ever be an every day occurrence.

- Edmund Burke

"Call it what you want but people die every day, some peacefully, some violently, we may not like it but shit happens. People have been killing and dieing from time immemorial for causes, don't see that stopping anytime soon, such is the nature of the human beast. If I got upset over all the people who die everyday I'd be an angry screwed up mess, no thanks."

Seems to me that you were telling us that you were okay with it. And please, while you are backtracking, explain to us how and why killing people defending their lands should ever be an every day occurrence.
Guess you completely missed the qualifier;
we may not like it
. Need to brush up on your reading skills. :eusa_whistle:

- Edmund Burke

we may not like it

The fact is that whether or not you like it, you are still offering a justification for murder.

- Edmund Burke

we may not like it

The fact is that whether or not you like it, you are still offering a justification for murder.
Say what??!! Obviously you are in desperate need of English refresher courses, Where do you come up with this crap? Try focusing beyond the end of your nose for once, there's a whole big world out there that doesn't fit your little encapsulated paradigm.

- Edmund Burke
Conservative..... got it...... I suppose that means that anyone who doesn't toe the line you've drawn is a conservative, (most likely meaning far right reationary). :dunno:
may be I should have said reactionaries of any type..

I bet all of them were white and all the perps were white...so no biggie. This isnt a good thread for name calling and wondering about upbringing

Then why did you bring it up?

Letting you know why your thread is fizzling

It figures that someone here would try to make it about white people.

Try? It is about white people. I'll take that bet any day of the week and twice on Sunday's

I bet all of them were white and all the perps were white...so no biggie. This isnt a good thread for name calling and wondering about upbringing

Try? It is about white people. I'll take that bet any day of the week and twice on Sunday's

Thanks for proving my point.

Lol...I'll take that bet anytime. How about you?

Lol

Lol...I'll take that bet anytime. How about you?

Lol

You said "I bet all of them were white and all the perps were white...so no biggie."

Except the indigenous populations involved aren't white, and not all of the perps are white, either. You lose.

Forum List

Back