Multiculturalism is a failure

They want their host Nations to Bend to their will, and are unwilling to bend at all themselves.

Then they will have to deal with not getting their way, shan't they?

what are you talking about? whose post are you quoting? it would help in the future if u could pls identify the posts you are quoting...

well said, what I would say however ios that these things, place names colloquialisms etc. do not govern actions, they don't put up barriers and drive angst, they have slipped seamlessly into the vernacular......they don't demand goods and services based on specific idoms or religious whims ( though we have begun to do that over the last decades etc.)

I was taking aim at those who think there's such a thing as an American culture. My point is that there is nothing that is originally "American." Baseball traces its origins from England, Germany, Russia and even Rome. Football may have originated in either Asia or Europe. And basketball, credited as an American original, was created by a Canadian.

As for religious integration, if City Hall can't put up a nativity scene, then it shouldn't permit city workers any special time to pray to Mecca. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Individual expression is and should always be protected from government intrusion. Government policies should only ensure that the playing field is even NOT by mandating quotas. It should all boil down to individual effort and talent, not special privileges.

There IS such a thing as American culture....you are living in it.....we are the "melting pot" of the world....even as we reject aspects of some cultures.....we do NOT accept all aspects of all cultures.....because not all cultures are equal to ours...

We have not let the hard right not have their way since the days of integration. The hard Muslims will have to get used to that as well.

yahoo! a leftie turning on a muslim....! i knew it had to come to that eventually....

:lol:

ScreamingEagle, you are a lefty? Who knew that?? Well, keep turning, there is hope for you.

The joke is on you, a far right agenda-driven activist, call me a lefty, a guy stands several steps to the right of McCain or even Romney for that matter.

The joke is on you, a far right agenda-driven activist, call me a lefty, a guy stands several steps to the right of McCain or even Romney for that matter.

wow that's really impressive.....are u one of those wishy washy mods...?

call me conservative...

In reality, there is a middle ground in between your 1950s Leave it to Beaver version of America and your idea that all those different from you are trying to crush your cultural identity. With the idea of the melting pot we embraces the aspects of others cultues, merely tolerate others, and reject some while they embrace aspects of out shared American identity. We can single out Islam but to me they are as bad as the likes of Pat Roberson, Christian evangelical fundamentalist in america, or as Jerry Falwell was.

You are right about Islam....

but no....it is not solely "multireligionism".....MC is different....and MC-multiculturalism does not work everywhere.....the idea that all cultures are "equal" is a lie...

We...as Americans....do not tolerate all the vagaries of other cultures...we do not want to accept all practices from other cultures.....whether it be sharia law of muslims or voodoo practices that hurt people from the Carribean....or the idea that workers in our fields can shit and pee on our vegetables as they do in Mexico...

Cultures learn from other culthres and adopt what makes each better. An example is fusion food. Think you can live without pizza, mongolian beef or a great burrito?

We as Americans DO tolerate all of the vagaries of other cultures that is what makes us great. It is what makes us strong.

MC is not the failure in the problems taking over the UK and all of Europe. Islam is.

sharia(islamic law) and voodoo...are both religions by the way. ;)

yes i know..but you miss my point...let me try again...

I've heard in China they consider aborted human fetuses a delicacy....is that a multicultural thing or a religious thing...? and would you accept it here in America just because it is a Chinese culture thing? would you here in America support chinese parents to kill their child if it turned out to be a girl instead of the boy they wanted...?

my point is that not all MC is good....(including muslim sharia of course)

I dont for one second think the chinese eat aborted fetuses. However they do eat dog and cat... They still eat dog and cat here in this country. That is not our culture and not one of theirs i want to partake in. So long as i am not forced to eat dog with them its all good. So long as they are not demanding that major chains sell dog and cat in the meat section fine.

The chineese are rude and in their culture pushing and shoving in a crowd is the norm. Trust me i will abandon American culture of being polite and take up theirs and shove just as hard back :lol:

We eat beef. Hindus think its a sacred animal and will not eat beef. They are not demanding we remove it from all site because it offends them either.

As to the one child thing...trust me...they don't care what sex the baby is when they get here...they have many. Its not against the law here to have more then one baby so don't worry... no babies will be killed.

I agree no all MC is good. But it is not all bad either.

You specifically site MS as a problem in the UN and across europe. MC is not the problem they are having...

The problem is islam.

Multiculturalism is under attack in many countries today....because it simply is not working....here in America we too need to re-affirm the "melting pot"....

France's President Sarkozy: "If you come to France, you accept to melt into a single community, which is the national community, and if you do not want to accept that, you cannot be welcome in France."

Britain's Prime Minister Cameron: "under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream." This had resulted in a lack of national identity in Britain, which had made some Muslims turn to extremist ideology, he said.

Germany's Merkel, who like her French and British counterparts is centre-right, said in October that efforts toward multiculturalism in her country had "failed, totally."

Multiculturalism under attack across Europe

Canada:
"I'd tell them, this is Canada, and in Canada, we teach music and physical education in our schools. If you don't like it, leave. If you want to live under sharia law, go back to the hellhole country you came from or go to another hellhole country that lives under sharia law," said Kanwar, who is a professor emeritus of sociology at Mount Royal University in Calgary.

Time to change tune on official multiculturalism

Multiculturalism as official state policy proposes all cultures are equal. But there has to be some independent or objective standard for measure in offering such proposition.

Proponents of multiculturalism do not use an objective standard as the basis by which they judge or rank cultures, and conclude all cultures are equal.

If the culture of liberal democracy — that is, a culture based on individual rights and freedoms, equality of sexes, equality before the rule of law, etc. — is taken as an independent measure, it would be then false to conclude that while other cultures might not be liberal, nor democratic, they are all equal irrespective of different values they hold.

The entire edifice of multiculturalism is, hence, based on a lie. For we know from history and experience that all cultures are not equal, and if it were so, then the culture of Islam in North Africa, for example, would be on par with the culture of Europe across the Mediterranean.

Lies, damned lies and multiculturalism | Salim Mansur | Columnists | Comment | Toronto Sun

If we all thought about multiculturalism the way we embrace ethnic cuisine the world would be a better place. All cuisines are not equal, otherwise we would all love peanut butter and jelly on white bread.
Depending on the day, my mood and energy level I might go for Steak, baked potato with the works, a ceasar salad, sour dough bread and butter and a glass of merlot; another day I might enjoy chile relleno, black beans, rice and a cold beer; or maybe a large bowl of Borsch garnashed with sour cream and a Peroski on the side along with ice cold vodka; or have pork chops baked in a crust of egg and bread crumbs, Curry rice and apple sauce.
Celebrate diversity, or eat PB&J three times a day for ever.

Multiculturalism is under attack in many countries today....because it simply is not working....here in America we too need to re-affirm the "melting pot"....

France's President Sarkozy: "If you come to France, you accept to melt into a single community, which is the national community, and if you do not want to accept that, you cannot be welcome in France."

Britain's Prime Minister Cameron: "under the doctrine of state multiculturalism, we have encouraged different cultures to live separate lives, apart from each other and the mainstream." This had resulted in a lack of national identity in Britain, which had made some Muslims turn to extremist ideology, he said.

Germany's Merkel, who like her French and British counterparts is centre-right, said in October that efforts toward multiculturalism in her country had "failed, totally."

Canada:
"I'd tell them, this is Canada, and in Canada, we teach music and physical education in our schools. If you don't like it, leave. If you want to live under sharia law, go back to the hellhole country you came from or go to another hellhole country that lives under sharia law," said Kanwar, who is a professor emeritus of sociology at Mount Royal University in Calgary.

Multiculturalism as official state policy proposes all cultures are equal. But there has to be some independent or objective standard for measure in offering such proposition.

Proponents of multiculturalism do not use an objective standard as the basis by which they judge or rank cultures, and conclude all cultures are equal.

If the culture of liberal democracy — that is, a culture based on individual rights and freedoms, equality of sexes, equality before the rule of law, etc. — is taken as an independent measure, it would be then false to conclude that while other cultures might not be liberal, nor democratic, they are all equal irrespective of different values they hold.

The entire edifice of multiculturalism is, hence, based on a lie. For we know from history and experience that all cultures are not equal, and if it were so, then the culture of Islam in North Africa, for example, would be on par with the culture of Europe across the Mediterranean.

Lies, damned lies and multiculturalism | Salim Mansur | Columnists | Comment | Toronto Sun

If we all thought about multiculturalism the way we embrace ethnic cuisine the world would be a better place. All cuisines are not equal, otherwise we would all love peanut butter and jelly on white bread.
Depending on the day, my mood and energy level I might go for Steak, baked potato with the works, a ceasar salad, sour dough bread and butter and a glass of merlot; another day I might enjoy chile relleno, black beans, rice and a cold beer; or maybe a large bowl of Borsch garnashed with sour cream and a Peroski on the side along with ice cold vodka; or have pork chops baked in a crust of egg and bread crumbs, Curry rice and apple sauce.

I agree. Culture is very good.

Its when Islam is in the mix where it goes to hell in a hand basket.

Canada:

Yes, our smartest leaders have learned the hard way that governing in a European style only leads to unrest and bankruptcy and eventually revolution. Our current president will never take heed as this is the direction he wants to take America. :eek:

Last edited:

Cultures learn from other culthres and adopt what makes each better. An example is fusion food. Think you can live without pizza, mongolian beef or a great burrito?

We as Americans DO tolerate all of the vagaries of other cultures that is what makes us great. It is what makes us strong.

MC is not the failure in the problems taking over the UK and all of Europe. Islam is.

sharia(islamic law) and voodoo...are both religions by the way. ;)

yes i know..but you miss my point...let me try again...

I've heard in China they consider aborted human fetuses a delicacy....is that a multicultural thing or a religious thing...? and would you accept it here in America just because it is a Chinese culture thing? would you here in America support chinese parents to kill their child if it turned out to be a girl instead of the boy they wanted...?

my point is that not all MC is good....(including muslim sharia of course)

I dont for one second think the chinese eat aborted fetuses. However they do eat dog and cat... They still eat dog and cat here in this country. That is not our culture and not one of theirs i want to partake in. So long as i am not forced to eat dog with them its all good. So long as they are not demanding that major chains sell dog and cat in the meat section fine.

The chineese are rude and in their culture pushing and shoving in a crowd is the norm. Trust me i will abandon American culture of being polite and take up theirs and shove just as hard back :lol:

We eat beef. Hindus think its a sacred animal and will not eat beef. They are not demanding we remove it from all site because it offends them either.

As to the one child thing...trust me...they don't care what sex the baby is when they get here...they have many. Its not against the law here to have more then one baby so don't worry... no babies will be killed.

I agree no all MC is good. But it is not all bad either.

You specifically site MS as a problem in the UN and across europe. MC is not the problem they are having...

The problem is islam.

Glad you agree that not all MC is good...

Yes, the prob in Europe is Islam....but it is the direct result of liberal acceptance of "multiculturalism"....

Libs have been telling us for years how we must accept MC from all walks of life.....because they claim "all cultures are good".....but that is a LIE....and must be exposed as such....it is now becoming obvious to many Europeans who earlier fell for the LIE that "multiculturalism"...meaning that we must accept all cultures as equal....is really a BIG FAT LEFTIST LIE...

We here in America also need to realize that MC is a wolf in sheep's clothing....and the wolf leader is BO...

Canada:

In Canada, multiculturalism is official government policy. The government pays groups to encourage they practice the culture of the place from which they came.

I think that is terrible policy. I don't think people should be forced to change when they come here but I don't think they should be paid to remain separate either.

well said, what I would say however ios that these things, place names colloquialisms etc. do not govern actions, they don't put up barriers and drive angst, they have slipped seamlessly into the vernacular......they don't demand goods and services based on specific idoms or religious whims ( though we have begun to do that over the last decades etc.)

I was taking aim at those who think there's such a thing as an American culture. My point is that there is nothing that is originally "American." Baseball traces its origins from England, Germany, Russia and even Rome. Football may have originated in either Asia or Europe. And basketball, credited as an American original, was created by a Canadian.

As for religious integration, if City Hall can't put up a nativity scene, then it shouldn't permit city workers any special time to pray to Mecca. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Individual expression is and should always be protected from government intrusion. Government policies should only ensure that the playing field is even NOT by mandating quotas. It should all boil down to individual effort and talent, not special privileges.

There IS such a thing as American culture....you are living in it.....we are the "melting pot" of the world....even as we reject aspects of some cultures.....we do NOT accept all aspects of all cultures.....because not all cultures are equal to ours...

There is definitely American culture, no doubt about it. It's America's biggest export.

Canada:

In Canada, multiculturalism is official government policy. The government pays groups to encourage they practice the culture of the place from which they came.

I think that is terrible policy. I don't think people should be forced to change when they come here but I don't think they should be paid to remain separate either.

yes i knew multiculturalism is official government policy there but not that they PAID them to remain separate.....wow...how does that work there exactly..?

of course there is the scam practiced by both muslims and other polygamists who have more than one wife....they keep them at home "unmarried" with kids so they can collect government support checks....

Canada:

I agree. Culture is very good.

Its when Islam is in the mix where it goes to hell in a hand basket.

Sorry, it's when radical Islam, radical Christianity, radical Jews, and radical et als, are added "in the mix where it goes to hell in a hand basket".

religion just has to stay out of politics.

Its the only way muliticulturism works.

Please tell all your christians, jews and scientologists

Did you forget to tell the Muslims? You left them out of those groups.

You have noticed how fanatical the Muslims are about bringing Sharia Law into the world, right?

I mean, yeah, Jews, Christians, etc, do let religion influence some of their political leanings, but for the most part, we've all accepted a government that allows a lot of sin that would go against Christianity.

But Muslim Sharia Law? THAT culture has no place in the Western world. Beheading nonbelievers? Executing women for GASP having an affair? Or dare GETTING raped, then execute the woman for allowing it?

Multiculturalism might work............but only with certain cultures. Cultures are like chemicals. Not all mix well. Islam isn't mixing well with any.

Forum List

Back